October 20, 2014 | 2032 users online

Treatments - Sephora - Sephora by OPI Chic Print for nails

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/1/2011 9:18:00 PM More reviews by superuselessgirl

FIRST IMPRESSION: When I first saw these at Sephora, I had incorrectly assumed they'd be similar to the Incoco Dry Nail Appliques (a sheet of nail polish that you can apply to your nails). I've had great success with those in the past, so I picked these without hesitating. Imagine my unpleasant surprise when I opened the package, and they turned out to be...thick stickers. I was really doubtful. My nails have a bit of a natural curve, and I wasn't sure if these thick plastic sheets could follow the curve nicely without bunching or lifting up on the corners. I felt a bit like a silly little girl while I was putting these on.

APPLICATION: I basically did as the packaging instructed, but I warmed mine by blasting them with the hair dryer. The heat softened them up so they weren't as thick and obnoxiously sticker-like. The appliques are delightfully long. I saved mine on the backing sheet after I applied them so that I could later use them for other nail jobs. I find that occasionally heating them up with the dryer during application helped with the creases and odd bubbling. As always, the fit really depends on your nails. I only had trouble sizing my thumb nails, but these are so thick and sticker-like that you can trim them down easily with scissors (unlike the incoco appliques). It was a bit difficult to file down (I just used a normal nail file I had on hand) but not so difficult that I wanted to bust out nail clippers or scissors or anything. Unlike incoco strips, if these are a bit too wide, you can't just run your nails along the nail bed to trim off the excess. These are really thick so you'll just end up with partially stickered fingers. Oops. I haphazardly slapped on a topcoat, but I don't know how much good that will do. (Wouldn't recommend ones like Seche Vite as it'd probably shrink and lift the applique).

RESULTS: I'm still on my first night, so I'll update in a couple days with the end result. Out of 10 nails, one has already lifted off (1st hour!). To be fair, I was wrestling with the dog, and it was the one sticker that I hadn't warmed with the dryer. They look fairly nice from afar, but the odd fit from the precut appliques are more obvious up close.

CONCLUSION: If it weren't for the high price, I'd definitely pick them up in the future (even if it's just for the odd special occasion). I'll see how long these hold up, but for now, I'd have to say that I wouldn't mind rebuying (should the need somehow arise) but most likely wouldn't repurchase. Lukewarm recommendation, all in all. 3.5 lippies (rounded down to 3).

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2010 6:15:00 AM More reviews by heysailor

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I became incredibly excited when I saw that Sephora had worked with OPI to launch their own line of Minx products. I live in an area where Minx isn't done, but I have had it done twice while out of town. While there currently isn't the pattern availability like Minx these nail treatments are GREAT if you want something fun or just don't know what to do to your nails. I know professionally done Minx doesn't work over fake nails, so I assume this may be the same. You receive one sheet with 16 nail "stickers". You could probably cut them in half to make them go longer. I've always applied these as similar to the Minx method as possible. The instructions say to rub your fingers back and forth over the sticker, but If you peel it off and place it under a heat source (such as a hair dryer for 45 seconds) then apply to the nail it will stay better. I'll complete one hand before trimming down. The best part of these is unless you have to custom a sticker to your nail width (which I never have had to), the only trimming you need is at the ends. No need to cut them! I use a glass nail file in a downward motion and after a few filings it'll separate leaving a clean edge. The last time my Minx was done the girl applied a thin layer of glue at the tips to help them last. I found some with a brush applicator at a Sallys on sell and it's worked great. The best part of these: Sephora says they last for 1-2 days. I've had some for as long as 6 days and even then they're still in fine condition, I just wanted to change my nails. The current patterns available are: Tiger, Anchor, Skulls, Black & Gold geometric, checkers, chrome lace, fishnet, & stars. I've tried Anchor, Skulls, fishnets, and stars. The stars ones wanted to peel up faster than any of the others but I think I'd done a bad application. Overall, it's a fun and worthy investment. Minx on average costs around $40-$45 and I've had mine last maybe a week or a week and a half before the ends curled up and bothered me.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No