September 30, 2014 | 1317 users online

Eye Shadow - Lancome - Sensational Effects Eyeshadow - Statuesque

rated 4 of 5 on 11/1/2012 8:29:00 PM More reviews by juliacouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I think this black shadow is a bit powdery, but is very pigmented at the same time. Even though its very difficult to use, I can use it for a crease color if I work it lightly. Its probably my favorite out of the entire palette I purchased. The shadow and its palette are a bit pricy, but you can also buy it separately. In a pot, its $18.00. In the palette with four colors, its $40.00 on Amazon.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by XxPRINCESSAxX

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Other

This is the perfect black eyeshadow. It is richly pigmented and doesn't look like dry light black/dark gray as MAC Carbon does. Also, because the formula is so smooth like all Lancome eyeshadows, you don't get as much of the dreaded fall-out that you would with another eyeshadow. That's definitely a plus for me when working with dark eyeshadow! If you are looking for a shimmer/glitter-free true black eyeshadow - this is the way to go. Excellent for blending with other colors, as well as creating a smokey eye.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/18/2011 4:01:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

It's a decent black... but I prefer my NYX black eyeshadow for a matte and my black shadow from LORAC (Rockstar Starry Eyed trio) for a shimmery black. Nothing special about this black.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2010 7:15:00 PM More reviews by jenniviva

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

this is what I call a good quality eyeshadow. On the higher end than a drugstore, but worth it! You don't need very much at all and it is very pigmented!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2010 7:53:00 PM More reviews by crdimalla

I would have never bought this shade of eyeshadow because I'm pretty attached to my deep neutrals and dirty mattes, but this came in a nice palette from Lancome and I had no reason not to try it out. It's in the "Intense" category according to the company, and they don't lie!

It's an interesting mixture of gray and jade green (predominantly gray) with an intense shimmer. It goes on very very pigmented and blend-able and stays there. It's a very rich eyeshadow and can have a lot of wow factor.
I probably wouldn't buy a full size of this because it's just not my color, but I'm glad I tried it!