April 21, 2014 | 952 users online

Shampoo - Naked - Smooth Silky Shampoo

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/14/2013 10:02:00 AM More reviews by TurtleMoon

I decided to try this after reading some reviews online about shampoos containing SLS and the damage it can do to some people's hair (and skin). So as the naked company pride themselves on making products that are 97% natural (some are higher still, whilst others are 100%) and also reasonably priced, I thought they would be worth a try.

I bought and used this alongside the conditioner, as I wanted to try them both at the same time to see what effect they would have on my hair. On first using this I noticed that, unlike other SLS free shampoos, this still foamed up quite well. The scent is marshmallow and aloe, so it's not too overpowering but does leave your hair smelling fresh. This also washes out well and I didn't think it left my hair feeling weighed down or like it had any residue on it either.

I wouldn't say this is the best shampoo I've ever used, but then I don't think SLS-free shampoos will ever provide as thorough a cleanse as SLS containing ones, as it's this ingredient that effectively strips your hair of dirt (and natural oils too). However, this didn't leave my hair feeling greasy or dirty and my hair was fine between washes too. The only negative thing I would say about this is the flip-top lid design which can be quite fiddly to control when your hands are wet.

Overall I would recommend giving this a try if you're interested in trying an SLS-free shampoo but don't want to spend a fortune. This costs 3.98GBP from the naked website, although I think you can also pick it up in certain branches of Boots in the UK.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2013 10:59:00 AM More reviews by vintagegown

I bought this product because I'm trying to use less chemicals on my hair and body. This shampoo leaves my hair coated in a fine residue and my hair feels dirty within 24 hours. I'm usually an every-3-days kinda gal but using this stuff I've had to use dry shampoo by day 2. I've persevered using up half the bottle, done two rinses, nothing is going to make this anything but a horrible product for me.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 11:29:00 AM More reviews by Adriana265

I really like the Naked brand because their products are free of sulfates, petrochemicals, mineral oils etc and they don't test on animals. This shampoo has aloe vera (for moisture) marshmallow plant extracts (add weight/gloss to the hair shaft, helping prevent the kinks and flyaways).

You do have to use about a palm full of the shampoo because obviously, this doesn't have any harsh foaming chemicals in it. But even so, the bottle lasts me a good few months. It feels very gentle on my sensitive scalp. I used to have dandruff but since using Naked shampoo I haven't had any! It leaves my hair feeling clean and my scalp feeling fresh.

I think it does help with flyaways and kinks, because I don't have any after using this shampoo. My hair is frizz-free and air drys beautifully. I'd recommend this shampoo - 3.99 for 250ML. I actually prefer Nakeds other shampoos to this one, but it's still very good.

INGREDIENTS: Aqua, Cocamidopropyl betaine, Sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, Sodium cocoamphoacetate, Glycerin, Coco-glucoside, Glyceryl oleate, Parfum, Hydroxypropyl oxidized starch PG trimonium chloride, Starch hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, Cocodimonium hydroxypropyl hydrolysed wheat protein, Althaea officinalis (marshmallow) extract, Symphytum officinale (comfrey) extract, Aloe barbadensis (aloe) extract, Sodium hydroxymethylglycinate, Sodium chloride, Lactic acid, Sodium lactate, Urea, Levulinic acid, Anisic acid, Limonene, Hexyl cinnamal, Linalool.