September 2, 2014 | 1784 users online

Cleansers - Clinique - Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

rated 2 of 5 on 9/9/2013 3:11:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

this did nothing for me. firstly it is not dense. you have to take at least 2-3 pumps to cover your whole face. so you run out of it fairly quickly.
also, i never felt totally cleansed and fresh with this, it also didn't reduce my acne. i have combination-oily skin and this hasn't helped me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2013 3:21:00 AM More reviews by tiantianz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I can see how this product could be very effective for someone with oilier skin. I followed the instructions in a review on this page, to swipe with cotton pads across my face, and it worked but ended up being too drying.

I started using this product because after moving to a more humid climate, my original cleanser didn't work anymore. My skin has always been dry and acne-prone (not shiny, most anti-acne products are too drying), but after my move, my skin suddenly started glistening so I thought I would try this. For the first few days it really helped! My skin gradually regained its original, matte-ish texture, and I stopped getting tons of new pimples, but within a week my skin started to feel reptile-like as a result of using this product combined with the Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturizer. This works well for my mom who has oilier skin than I do.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/13/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by loh00018

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Packaging is nice, pump dispenser easy to use, and lasts a long time.

I have been using the 3 step system for over a month now and my acne is not any better, maybe even worse.

My skin is dry in areas although my skin is still overproducing oil.

Overall, would not recommend.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2012 1:49:00 AM More reviews by pauvres

Extremely mediocre for the price you paid. Because of the pump, the product comes out as a foam (as opposed to working it into a foam) which is inconvenient and means you have to use more product. Didn't help with the acne at all and I most likely got more breakouts as a result.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/28/2012 8:03:00 AM More reviews by Catraftery

Average. A really average product that didn't seem to help with any of my blemishes.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/4/2012 10:33:00 AM More reviews by melysaretsahana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

i love clinique since i tried this cleanser as tester.... The clerkship tested this product on my hand along with the 3steps systems. It is very soft and mild...!!!
it helps to remove dirt ...love it love it love it...
and also brightens...cause it erases dull skin...
I was so amazed then.but when I applied it on face skin.yes it is mild,gentle and not causing dryness nor peeling your face skin like many anti blemish solutions from dermatologist clinics.but I don't know why I had two acnes after first using.but it helped to combat the acnes quickly.but won't help to reduce the redness and future acnes.in my country it's pricey. I won'te purchase it again even thought it is mild and won't leave dryness too.and one more, because it is mousse,so you may pump the bottle more than twice,and I suppose it will run out quickly.well,this is my first time using this cleanser along with the 3steps skin care systems.but it is not so strong to remove dirt.you may need toner after washing your face with this cleanser.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by roubella

I used to suffer from acne from when i was 12 years old right upto about when I was 19-20 years old ,after that my acne cleared up but I still had a four or five recurring pimples on my face on my cheek area everyday as well as red blothcy skin and scarring. So I never had a completely blemish free day there was always aatleast two red pimples on my face. I bought this and the lady at the counter told me that it is part of a range so i have to buy the toner and moisturiser as well, I dont use toner so I bought it with the moisturiser only. I found a great improvement in my skin straightaway but I still always had one blemish on my face.... now the moisturiser is smaller than the cleanser and so I ran out of the moisturiser first and I started to use my sister's clinique dramatically different moisturiser lotion for very dry skin along with this cleanser as i thought as they were both clinique they might still compliment each other. all i can say that it has made a world of difference, my skin is sooo smooth and calm and spot free with the combination of this cleanser and dramatically different moisturiser.. i have no idea why an anti blemish cleanser and dry skin moisturiser work together so well but they do for me (maybe because the moisturiser restores the moisture lost by the cleanser and so my skin remains balanced??). No one would be able to tell I ever even had any acne or blemishes the way my skin has transformed!! I dunno if this combo will work for everyone, all i know is that it has worked for me and I am very appreciative of this product for what it has done for me and I will continue to buy it,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/15/2011 10:56:00 PM More reviews by katushka37

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I've never had acne but I do get breakouts on my forehead (very tiny bumps, but lots of them) and occasionally on my chin. I've got normal/combination skin and sometimes can react to certain products.
During my recent trip to Bali I got very bad case of breakouts. I went to the Clinique counter and was recommended this cleanser. SA also told me that my constant breakouts on my forehead are there because of my hair spray (I use it daily on my fringe) and recommended shielding my forehead with my hand or a piece of paper. She recommended just using one product from anti-blemish range as the whole lot might be too harsh for my skin. I've decided to go with Cleanser.
This cleanser comes in pretty big pump bottle so you get a lot for your money. It is not excellent for removing make-up but it is not means to act as a make-up remover. I use foaming make-up remover 1st, then follow with this one if I've got make-up on. 3 pumps are enough for my face and chest. It has faint chemical-y smell but it doesn't bother me as it does what it supposed to do! It doesn't dry my skin out either, I guess foam consistency delivers just the right amount of active ingredients.

I've been using it for 10 days and my skin is looking much, much better. The breakouts on my cheeks and chin are almost gone and the redness has disappeared too. I don't have to use heavy foundation any more, yay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2011 10:34:00 PM More reviews by mymelody87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to use this back in high school, when I had horrible extra-sensitive, oily skin that I didn't know how to care for. Somehow this got recommended to me and I wound up using it daily. I wish I could find it again; I believe it has been DC'd since it seems to be impossible to find at any local mall. At the time, this was the only facial soap/cleanser that actually left my skin noticeably clearer and softer after use. All the other products designed for my skin type just made the problem worse because they were too harsh. Clinique's foaming cleanser turned out to be the only facial wash I could use. (Zanfel also worked, for the record, but that's poison ivy cream, and that's another review for another day.)

Anyway, with the Clinique, I'd begin with a shiny, blotchy face and a thoroughly spotted nose from so many blackheads, and, after a good gentle wash, walk away with my nose completely clear of blackheads somehow and the rest of my skin clear and radiant, despite the oiliness and hyper-sensitivity. The first time I used it, I was so surprised and also a little baffled as to how it could have worked so well. As long as this product is still available, and the formula hasn't changed, I've got no choice but to give this 5 stars (or lippies, or whatever). And if it were still around I'd gladly repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/18/2011 7:43:00 AM More reviews by faye10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the whole 3 step range to help my clear my blemishes. Initially, the product did nothing, then went on to make my skin worse! My skin was literally the worse it has ever been, which at 20 years old was completely gutting. It has since has gone back to how it was when I first started using the product, except my skin is really dry. Maybe it would be better on oliy skin types but for me its just made my skin awful. Really annoyed and probably wont buy any sort of clinique skincare again.