Clinique Anti-Blemish Solutions Cleanser [DISCONTINUED]

2.7

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

This cleanser did absolutely nothing for my skin. It felt nice on the skin and did a good job of cleansing. It has a very unpleasant chemical smell and did nothing at all to clear breakouts of prevent new blemishes.
I would not recommend this to anyone.

NO, NO, NO!!!! Please don't use this stuff. This only made my acne worse. I used it for 6 months and my face never looked worse. AS SOON as i stopped using the whole anti-blemish solutions line, my acne was gone.

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

this did nothing for me. firstly it is not dense. you have to take at least 2-3 pumps to cover your whole face. so you run out of it fairly quickly.
also, i never felt totally cleansed and fresh with this, it also didn't reduce my acne. i have combination-oily skin and this hasn't helped me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I can see how this product could be very effective for someone with oilier skin. I followed the instructions in a review on this page, to swipe with cotton pads across my face, and it worked but ended up being too drying.

I started using this product because after moving to a more humid climate, my original cleanser didn't work anymore. My skin has always been dry and acne-prone (not shiny, most anti-acne products are too drying), but after my move, my skin suddenly started glistening so I thought I would try this. For the first few days it really helped! My skin gradually regained its original, matte-ish texture, and I stopped getting tons of new pimples, but within a week my skin started to feel reptile-like as a result of using this product combined with the Anti-Blemish Solutions Clearing Moisturizer. This works well for my mom who has oilier skin than I do.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Packaging is nice, pump dispenser easy to use, and lasts a long time.

I have been using the 3 step system for over a month now and my acne is not any better, maybe even worse.

My skin is dry in areas although my skin is still overproducing oil.

Overall, would not recommend.

Extremely mediocre for the price you paid. Because of the pump, the product comes out as a foam (as opposed to working it into a foam) which is inconvenient and means you have to use more product. Didn't help with the acne at all and I most likely got more breakouts as a result.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Average. A really average product that didn't seem to help with any of my blemishes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

i love clinique since i tried this cleanser as tester.... The clerkship tested this product on my hand along with the 3steps systems. It is very soft and mild...!!!
it helps to remove dirt ...love it love it love it...
and also brightens...cause it erases dull skin...
I was so amazed then.but when I applied it on face skin.yes it is mild,gentle and not causing dryness nor peeling your face skin like many anti blemish solutions from dermatologist clinics.but I don't know why I had two acnes after first using.but it helped to combat the acnes quickly.but won't help to reduce the redness and future acnes.in my country it's pricey. I won'te purchase it again even thought it is mild and won't leave dryness too.and one more, because it is mousse,so you may pump the bottle more than twice,and I suppose it will run out quickly.well,this is my first time using this cleanser along with the 3steps skin care systems.but it is not so strong to remove dirt.you may need toner after washing your face with this cleanser.

I used to suffer from acne from when i was 12 years old right upto about when I was 19-20 years old ,after that my acne cleared up but I still had a four or five recurring pimples on my face on my cheek area everyday as well as red blothcy skin and scarring. So I never had a completely blemish free day there was always aatleast two red pimples on my face. I bought this and the lady at the counter told me that it is part of a range so i have to buy the toner and moisturiser as well, I dont use toner so I bought it with the moisturiser only. I found a great improvement in my skin straightaway but I still always had one blemish on my face.... now the moisturiser is smaller than the cleanser and so I ran out of the moisturiser first and I started to use my sister's clinique dramatically different moisturiser lotion for very dry skin along with this cleanser as i thought as they were both clinique they might still compliment each other. all i can say that it has made a world of difference, my skin is sooo smooth and calm and spot free with the combination of this cleanser and dramatically different moisturiser.. i have no idea why an anti blemish cleanser and dry skin moisturiser work together so well but they do for me (maybe because the moisturiser restores the moisture lost by the cleanser and so my skin remains balanced??). No one would be able to tell I ever even had any acne or blemishes the way my skin has transformed!! I dunno if this combo will work for everyone, all i know is that it has worked for me and I am very appreciative of this product for what it has done for me and I will continue to buy it,

I've never had acne but I do get breakouts on my forehead (very tiny bumps, but lots of them) and occasionally on my chin. I've got normal/combination skin and sometimes can react to certain products.
During my recent trip to Bali I got very bad case of breakouts. I went to the Clinique counter and was recommended this cleanser. SA also told me that my constant breakouts on my forehead are there because of my hair spray (I use it daily on my fringe) and recommended shielding my forehead with my hand or a piece of paper. She recommended just using one product from anti-blemish range as the whole lot might be too harsh for my skin. I've decided to go with Cleanser.
This cleanser comes in pretty big pump bottle so you get a lot for your money. It is not excellent for removing make-up but it is not means to act as a make-up remover. I use foaming make-up remover 1st, then follow with this one if I've got make-up on. 3 pumps are enough for my face and chest. It has faint chemical-y smell but it doesn't bother me as it does what it supposed to do! It doesn't dry my skin out either, I guess foam consistency delivers just the right amount of active ingredients.

I've been using it for 10 days and my skin is looking much, much better. The breakouts on my cheeks and chin are almost gone and the redness has disappeared too. I don't have to use heavy foundation any more, yay!