NARS Coconut Grove

4.8

[Added by lovemakeup2 on April 21, 2013] As appears in Sephora's And God Created the Woman Set: Talc, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, octyldodecyl stearate, phenoxyethanol, caprylyl glycol [+/- (may contain): mica, ci 77891 (titanium dioxide), ci 77491 ci 77492 ci 77499 (iron oxides), ci 19140 (yellow 5 lake), ci 42090 (blue 1 lake), ci 77007 (ultramarines), ci 77288 (chromium oxide greens), ci 77289 (chromium hydroxide green), ci 77510 (ferric ferrocyanide), ci 77742 (manganese violet), ci 77163 (bismuth oxychloride), ci 75470 (carmine), ci 77000 (aluminum powder), ci 77400 (bronze powder), ci 77400 (copper powder)]

on 4/13/2015 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

Rich deep dark cocoa brown. It applies smoothly and can be worn as a shadow, liner, and a brow filler if it matches your eyebrow shade. It's such a beautiful product!

on 12/26/2014 6:30:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hands down the absolute best dark matte brown eye-shadow one could get! IMO it's neutral, but if I had to decide, I would say that maybe it leans more cool. If you pair it with warm tones, you're good.

on 5/26/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This is the best cool toned very dark brown. I use it as a liner all the time since I don't like liquid or gel liner and don't love how harsh black liner looks on me. This is just short of black and provides the same definiition but looks less harsh. Smudged all around the eye with a pencil brush this makes the best smokey eye for me. I also use it in my brows, it's a great brow color if you have very dark brown or black hair. Nars shadows have great staying power for me, but I do use a primer every day since I have super oily lids. With a primer, this shadow stays where I put it with only the tiniest amount of fading after about 10-12 hours. I also really like that as a whole Nars powder products are very easy to depot if you want to put them into a palette. Will continue to repurchse this again and again!

on 11/24/2013 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

Love! Yes, $25 for a single eyeshadow may seem a bit much, but this stuff is so good! I bought it for my naturally black eyebrows since it is surprisingly difficult to find a dark brown matte shadow. It is very dark, but not to the point where it looks totally unnatural. I usually use it when I'm wearing a dark eye, but I have used it while wearing a more natural eye look before. It's super pigmented, and it stays put all day. I've also started using it as a liner and sometimes in the outer corner of the eye when I dont want to use black. Oh, also, can we please talk about how gorgeous the packaging is?? Its so compact and chic! It even has a mirror in it, and a pretty good one at that. In case you can't tell, I love this product and will definitely be repurchasing again!

on 10/11/2013 9:13:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

Coconut Grove is an extremely rich, dark brown with unbelievable pigmentation. it applies like a dream, like pure velvet!
this product performs so well, because it can be blended into nothing, because of how finely milled it is. so whatever you're going for, you can achieve it with this! and for those reasons, you could use this product for multiple things! you would just need different brushes. so for example, a fluffy brush to dust this anywhere on the lid, then an eyeliner brush to use it to line your eyes, and angled brush to fill in your brows, and you could even use this to do contouring work on your face if you mastered how much you needed to fit your skintone.
my 2 favourite uses for this are for my outer corner, and for my brows. when i apply this to my outer corner, it adds a little depth and intensity in literally half a sweep. and a few dips into this with an angled brush gives me the perfect eyebrow definition. a little something to bear in mind though, is that this may not work as a brow shade for you if you are quite fair.
i cannot recommend this product enough!

on 7/29/2013 9:42:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I found this when specifically looking for a deep, chocolatey matte brown, which is harder to find than you would think! This is often the only eyeshadow I take with me when I travel because it is so versatile and buildable. You can go from a little depth for daytime to a dark smokey eye for nighttime. I like the brown over black because it wears better and eliminates the harshness that a black shadow often imparts. It also stays put and creases less than other pressed eyeshadows with the use of a primer.

Note that Coconut Grove can be a little tough to work with initially -- probably because it's so pigmented -- but once you learn how, it blends like a dream. It is also pretty expensive at $24, but you get a ton of highly pigmented product. I won't run out for ages, but when I do, I'll likely repurchase.

on 7/12/2013 12:00:00 PM

This eyeshadow is super pigmented but it fades easily and is so hard to blend! Where the eyeshadow touches my eye first, it just stays there and will not budge. So strange.

on 4/29/2013 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have searched high and low for the perfect dark matte brown and this is it.....it is worth the $24 dollars out of your pocket. Thank You...thank you NARS!!!!!

on 9/8/2012 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm

This is such a high quality eyeshadow. I've had this for about a year and some change but I just started using it this week after I saw someone review it on here. I have loads and loads of browns for my crease, let me tell you but this is the darkest brown you can get! It is so beautiful! And finely milled! And pigmented! I just tap my brush and it goes on so silky-smooth! I love it! NARS, a job very well done. I would definitely repurchase.

on 7/31/2012 1:16:00 AM

The perfect matte dark brown eyeshadow.
Very pigmented and a little goes a long way - great for filling in brows and as a crease shade. It isn't chalky or too creamy, it's just the perfect consistency. Cute packaging; expensive ($24) but it is so pigmented that it will last a long time. If I ever needed to repurchase, I would.

Top Rated NARS Products