December 20, 2014 | 1563 users online

Gels/Soaps - Caress - Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating with Burnt Sugar and Karite Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by CareBearReilly

I love this smell! And normally I hate sweet body washes. I tried Philosophy and I didn't get the hype. They sort of made me ill. Sorry for knocking Philosophy. Normally I stick to Dove Sensitive Skin body wash because it has a mild, clean scent and adequately moisturizes my dry, atopic skin in the shower, but mmmm this Caress Evenly Gorgeous Exfoliating body wash with Burnt Sugar and Karite Butter is amazing. I actually am overusing it because I want the smell to linger and I hate washing it off. Karite butter, I looked up, is just another term for shea butter, and the burnt sugar smells a bit like caramel mixed with molasses. It's hard to put a finger on it. It's a gourmand warm scent but it's also vaguely exotic, like it's not your standard cookie fete with syrupy sweetness. It's sweet but the sweetness is tempered and it's just delicious. I'm halfway through a bottle and I bought 5 more because I'm scared to run out or have it be discontinued. Lol. I wish there was a matching body lotion or spray to maximize the scent. I like using it with my Curel lotion for extra dry skin because it smells vaguely like oranges, so on days I don't want to wear perfume, I wash with this and layer on the Curel so I have a very subtle orange caramel smell. I wish I could describe the burnt sugar aspect better, it's not really caramel. It's just divine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by ninaeaster

This is one of my favorite body scrubs. All around a superb body scrub!
Pros:
exfoiates and makes my skin smooth
yummy caramel scent
price is terrific
lasts for months
do not need a lot for your whole body

Cons:
none

will repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:06:00 PM More reviews by arielleem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am border line obsessed with this body wash. So incredibly in-expensive. Smells like HEAVEN. And the scent lingers! Exfoliates. Leaves a glow to the skin. I feel so clean and fresh I will NEVER use another body wash again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/19/2013 4:55:00 PM More reviews by ashpash44

Definitely won't purchase again like one of the previous reviewers it made me really itchy I didn't realize how sensitive my skin was I guess and as far as the smell it's ok but my favorite brown sugar-ish type of smell is the brown sugar vanilla from bath and body works

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2013 4:32:00 PM More reviews by anastacy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe that people dont want to repurchase this. I always try to have a back up. This scent is my favorite from this evenly gorgeous line. I love that there is granules/exfoliators in this product. It smells like toffee. I usually put ground coffee in the bottle. Ground coffee is great at reducing cellulite on your body and I love adding it to this shower gel in particular. It usually lasts a little over a month and I have 2 showers per day. The price is good given the quality of this wash. It is thick, creamy, moisurizing and a little is required to get the job done.

I love this and I have been repurchasing this since I've discovered this and I have no intention switch to anythingelse anytime soon.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2012 3:05:00 PM More reviews by HellloKitty84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I liked this product a lot but the smell is too sweet!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2012 2:46:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is one of the few body washes I will buy. The scent is very pleasant, and it lathers well (I have no idea what a previous review was talking about, saying that it didn't!). I believe that this wash lives up to its claims and does a good job at not only cleansing the skin, but exfoliating it gently. You can often find this one in a bonus, 50% more size for the same price. Check the shelf really well when selecting your bottle.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2012 2:33:00 PM More reviews by jasiah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I love this body wash. I love the smell and it makes my skin feel really clean.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by marissy89

I love the smell. It reminds me of caramel. I like the little exfoliating beads it has. It is not moisturizing, but it does its job (cleaning the body) well. The only reason why I put that I would not buy it again is because I seem to be having a reaction to caress body washes. I bought the 'sheer twilight' and developed itchy bumps all over my body. It was so bad, that I was afraid that I had caught something. :/

I stopped using that scent and bought the 'burnt sugar and karite butter'. The itching is not as bad now, but still there, and some of the bumps are gone. I think that it is just something with Caress. Don't use if you have sensitive skin. I won't buy anymore from this brand after I finish this bottle.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2010 12:14:00 AM More reviews by scopingforyou

PROS: Somewhat moisturizing, I guess. Removes antiperspirant okay.

CONS: I really don't like the smell. Smells a little like old lady's perfume...remember your grandma's "Tabu"? lol No suds, for those who want them.

ALTERNATES: At Walmart, the Equate Age Resisting Body Wash. It is very moisturizing and removes antiperspirant so well. It's also cheaper than this.