Lancome Savon Fraichelle Bath & Shower Gel

3.0

on 5/18/2014 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure

OMG this stuff is sssooooo funky to me!!! Gross! I'm glad if was a GWP! The SA was like "you are gonna love this it's so fresh", uumm NO it's just stinky. I was pregnant when I used it and it made me so nauseous. I threw it out so I can't tell you if it was my pregnant nose or not, but UGH!!!!!

on 5/1/2014 2:42:00 AM

I got this as a GWP and I was actually pretty excited to try it out. I figured since it retails for $35 it must be pretty good. Also, the description sounded really awesome -- it claims to be refreshing, invigorating, and exhilarating, and it's supposed to have a floral scent. With all their descriptive wording, I assumed this would be one of those slightly tingly body washes that make you feel really refreshed and clean. But this just felt like your average body wash. It didn't feel invigorating at all, didn't lather any better than any drugstore shower gel, and didn't feel particularly moisturizing. Also, I hate the smell. I don't get any floral notes from this. To me it smells like soap (just that regular plain bar soap smell) and grass. It's super green smelling, but not flowery at all. Then when the scent dries on your skin (it does linger for several hours after using), it smells like men's cologne, like the reviewer below me mentioned.
I'm giving this 2 lippies because it actually does make my skin feel pretty soft after showering, though it doesn't feel super moisturizing while lathering up. I'm able to skip using lotion when I use this, but keep in mind I don't have super dry skin.
For $35, I say pass on this unless you really love the scent. Definitely smell it before you purchase it, because I can see a lot of people disliking the way this smells. I'm honestly probably going to throw this away because I'm really just not a fan.

on 1/23/2009 4:57:00 PM

I received this as a gift from someone who absolutely loves it. Unfortunately, I HATE it. It definitely has a scent you either like or don't. To me, it's not green/fresh/clean. It smells like men's cologne, reminding me of my dad's Pierre Cardin in the 80's. Not a scent I find appealing on myself. The scent is *very* strong and lingers for a long time on your skin. As far as the shower gel properties, I really think it is just average. For the price of this, I expected much more. Yuck, yuck, yuck, yuck.

on 9/29/2008 10:36:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

What a refreshing way to start my day! After showering with this gel, the clean/green scent lingers and simply puts me in a happier mood...this is my "necessary luxury".

on 1/24/2008 9:29:00 PM

I've been using this on and off for at least 6 years. It's a fresh, green scent which lingers pleasantly after a shower and is not too sweet. I switch between this and my favorite citrusy Eau d'Hadrien shower gelee which I can hardly EVER find on sale. The lather is good. I got my last tube on sale at an outlet store around the holidays so I can't say I would pay full price for it but it is a staple.

on 6/24/2007 1:24:00 AM

What happened?? I used to love the smell of this product...my all-time favorite shower gel scent. Did I get an old bottle? Did they go cheap on their ingredients? Did I outgrow it? I'm so confused right now. And I smell like I'm wearing cheap drugstore men's cologne, courtesy of Savon Fraichelle. Sigh.

on 11/29/2004 3:06:00 PM

This is my favorite shower gel of all time...Although I hate the price the smell is just heaven for me...it lingers on my skin and makes my skin feel so soft...use in conjunction with the matching lotion and I have my signature scent..I hope they never get rid of this.....

Popular Body Skincare Products