September 19, 2014 | 1749 users online

Lipstick - Yves Saint Laurent - Rouge Volupte Perle

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 9:33:00 PM More reviews by 8ubble6umpink

I really liked this lipstick when I tried on at the store, but after a couple of days I wasn't really ford of it because is too "pearly" for my taste. I got #103 Sparkling Pink. I like the consistency of it and the creaminess but I want it in another color. Definitely a good product.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/4/2012 12:16:00 AM More reviews by hyim521

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in 102 Coral Sun. I wonder why it's not more popular, as it's a pretty nice orange color. It's almost like a darker version of Golden Melon.

It has tiny specks of glitter you can barely see. I usually hate glitter in lipstick, but you really can't see them in Coral Sun. It's actually the first time I've seen glitter or sparkles enhance the color. The only thing is, after the color has fades, the leftover glitter on my lips looks kind of gross and messy.

Also, the dark shimmery orange color is beautiful but doesn't suit my skintone. I have pale neutral skin, but this makes me look more tan which I don't like. I much prefer Faubourg Peach to this one.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:05:00 PM More reviews by saban

I had the SA try Sensual Silk on me and I really liked it. They were unfortunately out of stock so she says there is a similar color in the Pearl lipstick. I go ahead and buy it without trying it on.

Big mistake there. While it has the same smooth and silky formula of the Rouge Volupte, it also has glitter. Shrapnel-like glitter that I can feel impaling the little crevices of my lips.

The worst part about it is that once the color fades away, I was left with a glitter big bang on my lips that doesn't come off easily. So every time I reapplied, I had to wipe my lips clean with a wet towel so that I wouldn't be adding to the glitterness.

I ended up returning it after 5 uses.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2011 10:18:00 PM More reviews by TaniaMst

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I purchased this lipstick in #107 Impetuous Beige. It's more of a rather pale pink and I do love the color! I usually prefer matte tones but pearl is a good name for this; It reflects light beautifully without being shimmery or packing too much glitter.

The texture is creamy and it goes on smoothly. My lips feel great at first but I find it really dries them! I'd have to buy a lip balm to use along with it but unfortunately I think a lip primer would be better suited. Seriously this lipstick has no lasting power at all. I seriously have to reapply at least every half hour if not more often! In the morning before college or work I prefer to set it with a mineral power (I use MUFE HD loose powder). I find it actually keeps it from drying my lips and sets it in place a little longer. It also makes my lips feel so smooth!

The best things about it are definitely the case. It's luxurious and beautiful. The color you see on the outside is the very same tone as the lipstick! And the smell is heavenly. I can't tell whether it's mango or peach but I love it. I can even smell it on my lips a few minutes after I've applied it.

Overall this is an okay lipstick. Quite expensive considering how you need to reapply constantly and how drying it is. But when I apply a new coat it feels wonderful and smells amazing. I would probably repurchase as I love the color and the finish but I'll look into their other lines first.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 7:25:00 PM More reviews by vintagepinupgirl

I purchased this in the 104 (in addition to the rouge volupte 1 and 26). This is a very pretty color and is really mlbb. I love how mositurizing and soft it is. The tube is gorgeous and makes me feel so glamorous every time I pull it out. I definitely recommend it to everyone but A. don't expect any staying power and B. it's pricy! I don't know if I'll be able to afford them again as 34 bucks a lipstick is a bit out of my league! I was fortunate in that I found a steal in a sale on LJ by a very lovely LJ/MUA gal. I doubt I'll ever have that luck again but a girl can dream, right?!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/4/2011 12:57:00 AM More reviews by rebeccawangxiaoyin

The packaging of this is so gorgeous, luxrious and intricate. The color payoff is amazing, one sweep on the lip, and it looks exactly the same as the color in the tube. The consistency of it is also great, very moisturing, not drying at all, and lasts quite a decent time. BUT! but, I hate the chunks of grainy glitters in it. I can feel, that I am wearing a lip exfoliator on my lips. When I rub my lips together, I can really feel the fricition going on. It's just not a good experince. The Rouge Volupte line is everything I expect for a lipstick, but the rouge volupte pearl line bothers me with glitters.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2010 3:12:00 AM More reviews by kellcaat

I have this in shade #101 Beige Caresse and its a coral shade with specks of pink and gold glitter. It has a nice melon-ish smell to it and goes on really smoothly. However I find that its a bit too glittery for my liking and it was VERY expensive as I bought this for AUD$52 from a department store. Overall, its a very pretty girly colour and very flattering :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 3:24:00 PM More reviews by judysmath

I have this in #5 Insolent Beige. The name is misleading because it's more of a browny plum. Unlike the original Rouge Volupte lipsticks, the pearl lipstick is more lightweight and has a slight frost or sheen to it. I find that the Pearl lipstick doesn't pack as much pigment as the original version and the lasting power isn't was good, which is why I took off one lippie. But all in all, I like the color, the texture and packaging. Note: The color swatches on most sites are very misleading. It's best if you see these in person before buying.