October 23, 2014 | 2122 users online

Eyeliner - Essence - Long Lasting Eye Pencil - Almost Famous

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 10:53:00 AM More reviews by makeyourself420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love me a retractable eye pencil! I've been using the maybelline one for nearly 10 years now. This is just as good and cheaper! Great pigmentation, I think if its clumpy for you, try drawing a bit of it on your hand to get it smooth and to get the pigmentation going for you. Always works for me!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2012 3:03:00 AM More reviews by skandelouslala

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Neutral Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

I loved Jordana's Just Pearly Eyeliner and haven't been able to find it in a long time. I love Essence products and when I saw they made a shade similar to Just Pearly I jumped at the chance to try it out.

It's a great peachy pearl/champagne shade and I use it on my waterline to brighten up my eyes. Just like Just Pearly, it is perfect for this.

The texture of the pencil is a little hard and waxy. I find that I have to make several passes to get the pigmentation that I want. It however has decent lasting power once you get it on.

Another bonus...retractable pencil. No sharpening. I HATE sharpening eyeliners so anytime I can find a retractable one..the better.

I love that I found another uber cheap peachy pearl eyeliner for this purpose. Will definitely buy again and again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:20:00 AM More reviews by FilaretiMl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

i just love this eyeliner..i am almost out of it..but i cant find it anywhere...:[

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/28/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Sweryn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Almost famous is a nice peachy eyeliner from Essence. I use it for brihgtening the inner conner of my eye, and it does the job. However, it can't be used on the waterline because it's not creamy enough. Price is nice though.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/5/2012 5:22:00 PM More reviews by huntermekare

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love the formula on these pencils. They last pretty well on my upper lash line; not as well on my waterline, but I tear up a lot. I am semi-obsessed with peachy skin colors for my lower waterline and have bought topaz from stila almost religiously every few months. That's where this pencil comes in... instead of giving a nice glowy skin color, it looked like I just dipped my lower waterline in a pound of glitter. Meh.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/2/2012 8:33:00 PM More reviews by luckylauram

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I picked this up at Ulta for cheap thinking I could use it as a waterline liner to brighten up the whites of my eyes. Unfortunately the liner actually clumps up which I've never had with a liner before. It doesn't tug, doesn't go smoothly, it just clumps. So strange. I would love to find a great nude color eyeliner but I've been having no luck. If anyone has a great non-white waterline liner, message me please!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2011 5:16:00 PM More reviews by bestscreennameever

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this at Ulta for under $2 after it was recommended to me on the boards for a flesh-toned eyeliner. I am a PPP; I wear Alima Neutral or Cool in 1 and used to wear Bobbi Brown Alabaster. On my hand (a pic with a swatch on it is uploaded above) it looks light and shimmery; notice you can hardly see it on my hand, though. I applied this liner to my lower waterline on my right eye, hoping to get that eye-opening effect that flesh-toned liners are supposed to give. I couldn't really see a difference between that eye and the other unlined one. Plus, it made my eye feel dry and irritated. I suppose i might be able to use this for highlighting my cupid's bow or something else, but I won't repurchase and can't really recommend for PPP's. Those with darker skin might fare better, and it's not like you lose much money if it doesn't work for you. :) I did find a better flesh-toned liner, though, in Cargo's Reverse Lip Liner in 01 (works for lips and eyes).

rated 3 of 5 on 11/29/2011 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Christinahh

I bought HOT CHOCOLATE and BLACK FEVER but I'm thinking about returning the black one (I haven't used it yet) because it doesn't last in the waterline. It doesn't smudges it's true, but it doesn't last also. My eyes are always really wet so I don't know if it's my problem or eye pencil's problem.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2011 8:07:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have had the Stila Kajal liner in Topaz. I wasn't expecting this to be like that, but I was expecting for it to be more than just a slight wash of color. This is really nothing like the Stila Kajal in Topaz. I understand that it doesn't claim to be, but I'm just making this clear for people who want to save a lot of money (understandably - I was too!) and get this $3 liner in place of the expensive Stila one. The Stila liner is matte, and super pigmented. It stays on during the day pretty nicely. This one is not pigmented at all, has shimmer or sparkle (I can't decide which), and does not stay put. To be fair, I did use this in my lower waterline, and I know it can be tough for even good pencils to stay put down there, but this just really barely made a difference, and then was gone. I wish that I knew of a good, cheap lip liner that was super pale that I could recommend instead - I am trying to think of cheaper items that can be used in place of the Stila Topaz, but I'm failing to come up with one. I know other brands (Cargo) have some pencils that are flesh colored, but they are spendy as well. I would love to hear from some people who are able to find cheaper alternatives to the Stila Topaz that are matte, and actually stick around!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:48:00 AM More reviews by KeyWestBum

I use this as a highlighter not an eyeliner. As a eyeliner, it doesn't really show up that well. As a highlighter, it really brings light and glow to those small dark shadows at the inner corners of my eyes. I use this on days when I'm tired looking or too busy for eyeshadow. The color of this liner is a warm toned candle flame hue with tiny flecks of shimmer in it. The texure is very creamy like a kohl which works great on the skin because it blends so easy. As a highlighter, the color is beautiful and has good pigmentation on my light/medium complexion. I also love using this on my brow bone too! However, I think it you are lighter then NW/NC 20, it may not show up that well. I could be wrong. But, for a dollar it's worth a try :)