Davines Love Curl Enhancing Shampoo

Aqua, sodium laureth sulfate, glycerin, cocamidorpopyl betaine, olive oil peg7 esters, phenoxyethanol, myrtle leaf extract, polyquaternium44, polyquaternium10, sodium olivamphoacetate, cocoglucoside, glyceryl oleate, hydrolyzed rice protein, panthenol, gl

on 7/24/2015 9:52:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff is packed with bad ingredients. However that is not why I only give it one lippie. It sounds funny, but it actually made my hair too curly. I just have waves, and I wanted a shampoo, that would just make my waves frizz-free and more shiny and healthy looking. First of all, it made my hair a bit too soft, like if used a conditioner. And my hair became shorter because I suddenly had a head packed full of curls. Didn't really like that.

on 2/18/2014 4:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I gleaned through other reviews that this shampoo was a quiet problem solver for fine, wavy hair. I've been using this for a few weeks and it's been a massive hair upgrade - shinier, softer, more attractive waves. My hair, which is oily on top of everything else, also stays cleaner longer. I prefer to air dry my hair (it's that fine) and have been persistently pleased with the results. The hairdresser I bought this from said, "If your hair is fine, use this with the Volu conditioner, not the Love Curl conditioner." For me, she was right. The price is high and the packaging is "ecological" but the bottles dispense neatly and stay closed in luggage, which is all I ask for from a shampoo bottle.

on 8/16/2010 1:14:00 PM

I tried this out while on vacation. Although I usually opt for a totally SLS-free hair routine (no lauryl or laureth at all) I decided to try this. If you are not stringent about green products, this is really excellent. It is a very thick and creamy shampoo that lathers very well. I read complaints about scent?? This stuff and the others I have tried all smell like sweet orange oil/neroli and I just read they contain grapefruit essence; very inoffensive, smells darn good to me! So much better and energizing than generic fruity or vanilla scents. This really lathered and cleaned well; I think I put too much on really. I have a very sensitive scalp with a small spot of sebborheic dermatitis and this did not aggravate my scalp or sd at all (although ymmv!). I do think after using SLS-free shampoo, and only washing every other day that my scalp felt a little too stripped for me (but not in a harsh way). My hair on the other hand felt great! Not stripped, frizzy or dry at all! I was totally shocked. All in all, this shampoo felt very rich and luxurious, my hair was still moisturized after using this. It's also slightly pink in color, which is well...just cute! The price is on par with salon products, not cheap not prohibitively expensive. I probably wouldn't buy this again because I'm not crazy about shampoos (although conditioners and leave-ins are a different story), but for curly color treated hair this might be excellent.