December 20, 2014 | 1613 users online

Hair Treatments - Bumble & Bumble - Mending Complex

rated 5 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:01:00 PM More reviews by j4yb1rd

This is a hair SAVER! Even though I recently cut off a ton of hair, i still had crispy ends after a double process. The mending complex completely eliminated my need to cut even more off. I use this ever other day, not to add too much product build up. It's not heavy on the hair, and isn't at all sticky. A+ Bumble!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2013 7:42:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I bought mending complex as well as mending shampoo, mending conditioner, quenching complex and the crème de coco masque. I was at the point of finally accepting that my oily scalp just didn't make me a candidate for "co-washing" my hair, notwithstanding how dry the ends of my hair are, and I was ready to take charge.

This definitely is thin, so I shake it before pouring a dime size amount into my hands. I run it through the bottom 50% of my hair only. I think it is a good overall leave in conditioner: it doesn’t leave a waxy residue or make my hair look flat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2012 10:27:00 PM More reviews by sabrinasylvester

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Black

B&B's Mending Complex (pink bottle) & Quenching Complex (blue bottle) are true miracle workers. I am black w relaxed hair that I also color (grays!), and dryness is a huge problem for me. The Mending Complex is the lighter of the two products, so I alternate between the pair. A Caucasian sales chick at Sephora, who uses a little dot of product (Mending) every day on wet OR dry hair, sold me on it. I discovered the Quenching later and love that it is slightly heavier as a hairdressing. (Think texture like Vitapointe, but way better-performing.) They both fully moisturize the hair -- amazing results. I use them daily and they seem to be helping LOADS.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/3/2011 9:38:00 AM More reviews by makeupdee

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am sorry to say, this product works. Sorry, because as the other reviewer noted, Mending Complex is ridiculously expensive. Why do hair products that actually work have to cost so much? Is it really rocket science to make hair look the way it's supposed to? Maybe that's what we should be investing the gross national budget of nations into instead of space exploration, haha. The way I came to own this (and probably the only way I would have come to own this) was from a haircut with botched layers at a salon, they couldn't fix the layers, so the manager gave me a free bottle of product in hopes I would come back. (and that tells you what a bad review on Yelp is worth these days-- the salon would rather eat the $34 expense of the product giveaway). I will tell you what I observed. I have very thick hair that has a problem laying down. The hair growing from the crown of the head is coarse and puffier, while the hair underneath is smoother and what I would call "normal" hair. It is also a bit damaged from highlighting (although I deep condition a lot, so not too bad). I normally hot roller it and it takes a couple days to "settle down" to the flattest, most vertical it's going to get. Mending Complex did what is a dream come true for women with hair like mine-- it made it into "normal" hair that laid down flat from day 1 (once it was hot rollered). It is also shinier and soft and healthy feeling, with no coated or anything feeling other than soft healthy hair. I can see why the salon chose this product to give me--because of the too-short layers, my hair was poufing up too much on top. But it's necessary to only use a tiny bit-- 2 nickel-sized drops worked well on my shoulder length hair. (I tried using more and it didn't look good, just made the hair look kind of coated and oily.) Unfortunately, it seems I have found the Holy Grail hair product of my dreams, one that would actually give me "normal hair" and am going to have to keep buying it from now on, if it continues to keep performing like this. At least the bottle should last a long time, since you only have to use a very small amount. I'm not particularly fond of the smell but it doesn't last too long.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/15/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The price is extortionate and ridicolous but ... it works! I use it on wet and/or dry hair and it makes a big difference. It does not weight my hair down (I have fine hair), and even if applyed on dry/coarse hair ... it revives it in a second. The smell may be overpowering (but I can smell things in 50 miles) and the bottle is very small. A little (very little) product makes a big difference. Much better than Kerastase. Amzing even if a rip off (B&B could sell this at half price!). 4 lippies because of the ridicolous price (£23!).

** Edit: Over the past few weeks I changed my hair product routine and I use only B&B defrizz, wihtout this expensive product and the result is exaclty the same. The bottle lasts a couple of months and does not justify the extortionate price. I use Kerastase resistance shampoo + oleo relax mask and B&B frizz. it works perfectly for my long and chemically treated hair. This is a nice to have if you have money to splurge, but NOT a necessity. The product also tends to dry in the noozle and I have to through away some of it everytime I use it. Considering the small amount and the ridicolus price this is not acceptable.