September 19, 2014 | 1181 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - EyeStudio Trio in Rose Revolution #15

rated 3 of 5 on 5/12/2014 10:30:00 PM More reviews by Ketol

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

The colors are absolute perfection. I generally like/love cream shadows and this is no exception. They do wear off a bit fast, but it's really simple to fix. The pots are wide and shallow so it's easy to get your finger in there (I'm looking at you E.L.F smudge pot!) if that is your applicator of choice. The colors are true to what's in the pan. Slightly shimmery, sheer and just simply gorgeous. I only wish they had a bit more staying power, however the packaging is small and thin so it's very portable. Great to swipe a color or three on the lids and have a stunning, super easy look that never could look 'overdone'.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2012 9:34:00 PM More reviews by eroutska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

These shadows stayed on for more than an hour during the summer heatwave of 2011 (no A/C!), and my skin is notorious for erasing all signs of makeup within a few hours. While the shadows crease a bit (you will have to occasionally remember to pat your eye socket to keep it looking pretty), the colors are amazing. The two shimmer shades is fine and not at all tacky. The rose shade is absolutely stunning and compliments my light complexion; the sandy/champagne shade is great on its own and the non-shimmery dark shade gives just enough payoff. Considering the price (three shades for less than the price of one MAC paint pot), I am more than willing to put up with the slight creasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/19/2012 1:07:00 PM More reviews by horangi113

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

Lovely colors in this and the other palettes, but too much 'slide' - they crease like mad! Not even primers help. Such a shame as the shades in this palette and the Neutral one are so pretty.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/5/2012 8:58:00 PM More reviews by anastesia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love this trio, the colors are extremely gorgeous! The middle, rose color with gold shimmer is so beautiful... The champagne color is very nice as well and the brown color with gold/pink shimmer gives a nice dimension to the eyes as a crease color. The only problem I have with this trio, it's not very long lasting, seems to wear off very fast..

rated 4 of 5 on 2/6/2012 9:48:00 PM More reviews by summerlover77

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite trio of all time. I own this in Rose Revolution which has a champagne color, a golden rose color, and a brown crease color. The colors are made for eachother, although they go on much more sheer than they look in the trio. It's best to use your fingers to apply this, which is not a pain because it's easy to blend. The lid color, the rose shade, appears pink when you first purchase it but once you get some on your finger, it turns gold, it's the weirdest yet coolest thing. On the lid, it looks amazing because the shadow itself is a nice wearable rose shade (coming from someone who sticks to neutral shadows) but reflects gold which really brightens up your eyes. The crease color is not overly dark and it gives just enough definition to your eyes. The highlight color is not pure white and goes very nicely with the other two colors. I wore this at school today and it creased when I didn't have powder on it but as soon as I set it with a powder, all creasing ceased. It lasted the entire day even though the colors did fade a bit. I'm sure that can be prevented with the use of a good primer, however. Overall, I definitely recommend this for anyone who is looking to try some new eyeshadow colors instead of the usual neutrals.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2011 11:41:00 PM More reviews by dachua

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the Blue Freeze trio. The lightest color is like sticking your finger in a pot of cheap glitter. I wanted a very pale wash of blue color for the lid, this is pure silver. I guess it would work for someone who wanted a rock star vaselined looking eye, but I thought it was awful. I rarely return makeup, but this is going back tomorrow.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2011 5:04:00 AM More reviews by grace9797

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

(EDIT: I subtracted a star because this fades too rapidly and because I don't like the slight sparkle.)
I rarely have worn eye shadow in recent years because powdered ones tend to highlight rough texture above my eyes & creams seem like they would be hard to apply. Have found the darkest shade in this trio can be patted very lightly above cease, creating a subtle, enhanced look. I just touch my finger lightly to the shadow, then pat ~ 4 times quickly above crease: quick, subtle, & perfect. Applied that lightly, the subtle sheen is fine (doesn't highlight rough texture) & the color looks natural. The texture is perfect for that sort of application. The lightest color is good to highlight under arch, & I like a tiny dab of it on center of lids - again using just tiny, gentle dabs. Yes, I'd buy again, but may never run out when using so lightly. Think this formulation might be difficult to apply evenly if a more pigmented look was desired. I've not had problems with creasing, perhaps because I apply it so lightly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2011 8:00:00 PM More reviews by Socratessa

I did not read any review before I bought this eyeshadow and I am surprised with the quality (in comparison to the price $ to NARS $$$). Some reviewers complained about the 'cream' type of this eyeshadow and its consistency. The trick is .... use your finger tip so you can feel it blending and add as you wish. I will try other colors as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2011 4:22:00 PM More reviews by prettymar

Nice Palette! Goes on really smooth and the colours are beautiful...I even use the medium shade as a highlight on my cheekbone… really nice:) obviously with all day wear you will notice minimal creasing (given that its a cream) but not much. Shimmery shadow WITHOUT big chunky glitter pieces running through it YAYYY!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2011 1:45:00 AM More reviews by ZandieBee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am absolutely in love with this eye shadow. I have it in Rose Revolution, Flash of Forest, and Purple Possibilities. It goes on really smooth. The texture is barely there, not sticky or cakey. It has 3 colors, one for the lid, one for crease, and one for brow highlighter, though you don't need to use them that way. The first day I tried this product, I didn't use a primer or base. I applied it with my finger for even application. It looked gorgeous. It stayed on all day. I, quite frankly have no problem with it. The packaging is very simple, clear lid to see the pigments and a black bottom. I'm actually glad it didn't come with a brush or applicator because, like most drugstore items, I end up throwing away the applicator.