July 29, 2014 | 1247 users online

Eye Shadow - NARS - Tzarine Duo

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 2:05:00 AM More reviews by Menolikepolos

I am a blue eyed NW10 (NW20 when tanning from a bottle).

Disappointed : ( the peach barely shows up, even on my pale skin. And the Greenish-gray shade looks "off." I definitely prefer MAC's Knight Divine for a complex gray shadow. Just not a very flattering duo for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 5:31:00 AM More reviews by diannekaye

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This duo is a champagne gold/dark steel grey. This is my favorite duo so far out of the ones I already have. The lighter color is not as pigmented as the dark side, but again I just love both shades together. It looks fabulous on my NC30-NC37 skintone but I think it would work well on all skin tones. This duo also makes a great smokey eye.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2012 10:32:00 AM More reviews by isavella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Tzarine is a delicate duo from NARS, with a light shimmer champagne on one side and a medium silvery grey shimmer on the other. I love this duo on my dark features/olive complexion, but I can see it looking even better those of you with pale, cool-tones and light eyes. Although I do love greys on brown eyes. ANYWAY, I would say Tzarine is a more sophisticated duo you can use for a lot of really PRETTY looks. What it lacks in edge, it makes up for in actual prettiness. I will be generous and say both shades have medium pigmentation. They do apply a bit more sheerly than other NARS duos, but in my opinion, it is on purpose, and makes the overall effect, again, very pretty. The beige side is almost frosty. I can't really wear this shade on its own, as I'm a bit darker and it washes me out (kind of like Stila Kitten). The grey side is kind of a cool, misty, silvery, glittery grey just perfect for washing your lids in and staring at your man across a candle-lit table. The shimmer in the grey is gold-ish to complement the beige shade...genius. It looks like a French movie in the guise of eyeshadow. If you want to be Marion Cotillard for a night, this is the makeup for the job. Together, the colors pool into a hazy, dreamy light (barely) smoky eye.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2011 3:54:00 PM More reviews by nicojones

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Well, I love Nars and own a lot of their e/s duos, but this one just doesnt work on me. The texture of the lighter side (golden beige in the pan, but on my lids more a light platinum beige) is way to shimmery on the verge of being glittery with lots of shimmer fallout, the darker side is a rather flat mid-tone gray with shimmer (too cool for me, NW 20, hazel eyes, auburn hair). IMHO the gray side is lacking pigmentation and there was not enough contrast when using the shades together. If you ponder between this one and Rajasthan, get the second (which I abs. adore).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2011 4:41:00 AM More reviews by sephirias

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

the texture of this duo is similar to rajasthan which as mentioned in my review, isn't super-fantastic. however, the colours in tzarine are so irresistibly pretty that i had to get it. tzarine contains a beigey pearlescent shade and a shimmery charcoal grey which complements each other very well. this is the duo to get for putting together a fast smokey eye. i've used estruque on the lid and the grey shade from tzarine in the outer V with surprisingly great results. LOVE THIS!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2011 10:54:00 PM More reviews by slippingbeauty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first eyeshadow duo I've ever purchased from NARS, but it's so amazing I want to get more now. Tzarine is amazingly chic and flattering on my pale skin/blue eyes. For an understated everyday look, I pair it with a charcoal grey liner, and for a more dramatic look I use black. The lighter shade is so gorgeous! I love the subtle multichormatic shimmer that both shades have. It wears amazingly well with and without primer, so this is a good everyday go-to kind of duo for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2011 7:23:00 PM More reviews by frenchconnection

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

If you have blue/gray eyes, this is a must-have NARS duo! The lighter shadow is a beautiful, versatile beige/peach/nude shimmer. I wear it all over the lid and often use it as a highlighter under the brow. The steel/blue/gray shadow works beautifully in the crease and outer corner. It makes my eyes absolutely pop. The quality of the shadows is top-notch. They are soft and blend well. When used with a quality shadow base, the lasting power is excellent, and they last all day on my lids.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/4/2011 11:01:00 PM More reviews by ambrnazz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

It's a really nice eyeshadow duo in terms of pigmentation. The beige side is really shimmery/frosty and although it looks so beige, it definately has some silverness to it. The gray side is also really pigmented but I did experience some fallout when blending into the crease. My only gripe is that the two colors don't really go together in my opinion. Even though the beige side has hints of silver, something always looks off when I pair them together on the lid and crease. I do not recommend this for warmer skintones however. It would make a really nice day time smokey eye for cool toned. For reference, my skintone is NC42 and I did not find it flattering on me.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2011 1:22:00 PM More reviews by rupertlilly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Let me start off first by saying I own a lot of Nars products, include their eye shadow duos. And for the most part I think they are terrific, but there are a few misses in the overall collection. Tzarine is one of the duos that is a miss for me. The overall quality is not the issue or the pigmentation, rather the way the dark gray shade turns a sickly blue green on me. For reference Im around a NW20 and have blue/green eyes. I use Lorac behind the scenes eye primer and this still does not help in preventing the color change. Ive tried this eye shadow 3 different times and each time it does change this strange color on me, almost ghoulish. I think this duo might be more suited to someone who is warmer/neutral in coloring.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2011 2:56:00 PM More reviews by apo1

This is my first NARS product. I always thought NARS was overhyped and not worth the money, until I bought this duo. It's AMAZING! I love the colors, and they apply so beautifully. The Gray color can have a blue-ish tint to it once it's applied, but for my dark brown eyes, it's a plus, it makes them look bigger! It is soft enough to wear everyday, yet you can deepen it for night time. I am sold on NARS products and will proceed to repurchase this item, along with other NARS products!