August 27, 2014 | 1768 users online

Top/Base Coats - Creative Nail Design - Super Matte Topcoat

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2011 3:33:00 AM More reviews by nicpie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It is not matte. Do not waste your money.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2010 11:47:00 PM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is the review for Creative Nail Design -> Super Matte Topcoat.

Ladies Save your money! If you are looking for a quick and easy topcoat to transform your nails to a matte finish, this product falls far short of what it claims to do for you.

I purchased the 0.33 oz bottle of CND Super Matte finish for 8.99 at Ulta Beauty. I did not review the item first but I should have. There are only a few true matte finish topcoats available on the market but this is the one that offers the least matte finish of them all.

The mixture comes in a squarish bottle with a rubbery screw top and nail polish brush. The mixture is very volatile and it smells very chemical. I had to do my manicure outside because the smell was so heavy.

While putting on the drippy mixture with the tiny brush, I found that it was very runny and gloopy. It has a milky texture that dries semi-clear.

The 'matte' of this polish must be achieved by adding a glossy white to the nail, which does not make it a true matte finish. A true matte finish would be void of shine and it would have a somewhat textured feel, much like the surface of a newly formed acrylic nail.

This CND Super Matte, when it completely dried, turned out to be a glossy polish that has a reflective shine and a smooth finish to the touch. This is opposite to what I was trying to achieve.

It took quite a while to dry (about 20mins, including time in front of a fan) and the texture of this polish enhanced the nail's imperfections. I even painted over with 2 coats (against the recommended procedure on the bottle) and it only made my polish more milky white and streaky.

In the next few days the nail collected a lot of smudges, dirt and gave my nails a general ragged appearance. It actually hastened the demise of my (once) beautiful manicure.

Overall I was very displeased with this product and I would never buy it again. Please test it on your nail first before you purchase it, and you will also see that this product does not deliver as it claims to. It does not even look good enough to use as a basic top coat because it leaves white streaks on the nail surface. 9$ is expensive for a polish that does not deliver what it claims.