April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Makeup Brushes - Ecotools - Bamboo 5 Piece Complexion Set

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 3/24/2014 11:36:00 PM More reviews by Loxxy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ecotools is my favorite drugstore brushes, they're just so soft and beautiful. This is my second brush set from Ecotools, I have three sets. The designs are very pretty, but instead of the foam type case, an actual bag like some of the other sets would be better. I use them all regularly, and works well. The foundation brush doesn't fit its purpose well, but I use it to blend out my foundation to prevent streaks. All the other brushes are great, I recommend this set.
Now looking for the fourth set, the long gone limited edition Kabuki Brush set <3

rated 5 of 5 on 2/4/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this at Wal-Mart for around 15 dollars. I was looking for just a foundation brush, but this seemed like a good deal, plus it was the last one, so I decided to go for it.
I use the flat concealer brush around my nose and scars, the buffing concealer brush for my undereye concealer, the complexion blending brush for my liquid foundation, and the full powder brush for my setting powder. I don't use the precision foundation brush for foundation, bc it's way to small and leaves streaks on your face, but i do use it for eye primer and shadow.
Let me just say, these brushed are MINI, so if you can't handle that, then i wouldn't recommend this for you. The full powder brush might seem quite small and not as full as a full size powder brush. But i think this is a great brush set, especially for beginners, and this will be very convenient for travel. Plus, its environmentally friendly!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 1:33:00 PM More reviews by amnaakili

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's about the Fresh & Flawless five piece complexion set : the packaging is nice but I was chocked by the size of the brushes , it did´nt say that it was a mini set ! They look cute with oriental designe on them . The worst brush is the precision foundation one ,way too smal for that and the powder brush is more usefull for contouring than for face powder . I was really dissapointed by this set . But it's true that the quality of the bristles are good .

rated 5 of 5 on 6/25/2011 12:00:00 PM More reviews by changja2

I also found this at Ulta when browsing. My set also had 2 bonus brushes - a mini angled eyeliner brush and a spoolie.
Wow, this is the best brush set ever - and super cheap - $13-14 for the set. Plus, Ulta often has a "Get $3.50 off if you spend $10" coupon that you can print online or find in fashion magazines occasionally.

Even though the brush handles are shorter, I have no problems using them. Actually, the angled brush being shorter is helpful since I can get closer to the mirror when applying eyeliner. Also, I travel a lot and these are more travel friendly.

All the brushes are super soft and maybe one of the brushes have shed one hair on me. The mini kabuki is great for setting powder. I use the larger foundation brush for blushes and bronzers and it works quite well even though it's not angled. The mini powder brush is not good for applying eyeshadow but great for blending it out. It's also great for contouring around my nose and applying Laura Mercier's secret brightening powder. The concealer brush is great for applying Tarte's Dark Circle Defense. The bonus angled eyeliner brush is just a short version of the regular one (I love and own two of the regulars) - again, great for travel. The bonus spoolie is ok but the head was slightly bent from the handle. I get the feeling the head may snap off if jostled in my travel bag.

I would definitely buy this again, even at full price. I don't consider this a complete brush set but it is a great set of brushes.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 11:04:00 PM More reviews by jenmhilton

I found this in Ulta, and I had never seen this particular set before, so I had to have it. The set contains a mini foundation brush, a large round and flat full coverage brush, a mini powder brush, bamboo powder puff, and cosmetic case. I like the idea of the mini foundation brush and mini powderbrush are really too small for their intended uses but I'm sure I will find plent of other uses. The real bonus here is the full coverage brush. It's really soft and perfect for use with compact powders and bronzers. It deposits just the right amount of color. I love it. I had just got a Kevyn Aucoin bronzer in the mail and now I have the perfect brush for it.