Urban Decay Lip Junkie

4.4

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Polybutene, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Silica Silyate, Mentha Piperita (Peppermint Oil), Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Benzyl Benzoate, Tribehenin, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Flavor (Aroma), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Sodium Saccharine, Sorbitan Isostearate, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, May Contain: CI 77019 (Mica), CI 77891 (Titan Dioxide), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 75470 (Carmine), CI 19140 (Yellow S Lake)

on 2/16/2015 10:46:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

This is an awesome lipgloss. The formula is super smooth, not sticky at all, and very hydrating. The pigment is sheer to medium with the finish being subtly shiny (not hyper-glossy like, say a MAC Dazzleglass). This is one of those few lipglosses that improves the quality of my lips as I wear it, leaving them smooth and hydrated. The wear is the only part that I am not as impressed with, lasting around 4 hours. I know this is average for most glosses, but I only award 5 stars to exceptional products. Not this isn't far above most glosses, but it's not perfect (or the closest thing to) , you know? Also, this isn't related to the product and is really my own personal hang-up but I hate squeeze tubes as they can get messy and glop out product. But all in all, it's lovely and I fully recommend it to everyone.

on 2/7/2015 10:04:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I have this in the shade Peroxide. It's a cream pink shade that is neutral to warm toned. It tastes sweet and fresh like vanilla/mint, it lasts a really long time for a gloss. I'd say it's the most long lasting gloss I've ever tried. I love the packaging so much. It's a sleek squeeze tube with a unique little cap!

I have a sample of this in Wallflower, and a full-sized one in Urban Cowboy. I love the minty taste and the light texture. Wallflower is a pretty enough color, and I absolutely love Urban Cowboy! They are expensive but even the sample are pretty generously sized. I'm not crazy about the applicator but I'll put up with it since I love the gloss so much. I think UD UC is my favorite high-end lipgloss. I really like all UD products that I've tried. They seem to all have beautiful color and quality.

on 1/17/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have this in 'Naked' after trying the sample size that came with the Naked2 palette. This is a beautiful MLBB shade. It's a very sheer pinky mauve that really just adds a bit of oomph to my neutral everyday look whether warm or cool-toned. I love the minty and very slight cooling sensation upon initial application. The smell and sensation dies down very quickly so nothing to worry about. It does taste sweet which i could have made without but that dissipates quickly too so not a big problem. Gorgeous colour and texture isn't tacky or sticky (or at least to me). I love everything about this gloss. Definite repurchase.

on 1/6/2014 9:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love the shimmer this product gives without too much color. It has a lovely scent and a nice tingly feel when applied, which makes it really seem "plumping". This is a very easy day or night gloss, as its a versatile color. I bought the full size after receiving a sample on my naked 2 palette, definitely would recommend!

on 8/12/2013 11:36:00 PM

OH MY GOSH, it actually plumps my lips! I own more than 50 lip glosses because i am such a lip junkie indeed but this amazed me. It really diminishes fine lines on my lips and my lips just look fuller. It is noticeable. Not like a bee just bite you type of craziness but at least i could instantly notice that my lips look so sexy. They feel bigger. Like the feeling you get when your boobs got bigger because of hormonal change. That is how this lipgloss made my lips feel. That's crazy. The color itself does not have much color payoffs but i am fine with that because i personally prefer that way so that i can layer it on top of lip stains or wear alone for a natural look. Mine is 'naked' btw. I can't wait to wear it on my next date with my boyfriend. He has said how much he likes my 'juicy looking' lips a few times already so this time he will be even more pleasantly surprised.

on 8/4/2013 1:13:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I was initially wary of this gloss as I usually prefer a gloss with a foam applicator for a bit more control. However, I gave it a try and really like using it. Although the applicator is not perfect and you need to be careful not to spurt out too much product, the gloss itself is surprisingly pleasant. One reviewer has mentioned that it is refreshing and I would completely agree. The minty fragrance and tingling is great and almost addictive. Along with the feel, I like the look of the gloss too - it is shiny and eye catching but doesn't look like I've just eaten something greasy! I found myself applying this gloss over and over during the day and I'm not sure if its just that I liked the feeling or that the product felt like it didn't last long enough - then again, which gloss does last a long time? I'm yet to find one.
Overall, I liked this and although I'm only a one third of the way through my first tube I think its a keeper.

on 7/20/2013 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Texture: This gloss is HEAVY and tacky. It ends up lasting pretty well and stays shiny, but I'm personally not a fan of heavy glosses.

Scent/taste: I swear Lip Junkies taste and smell like Junior Mints. The slight tingle from the minty-ness lasts beyond application, for like a solid hour, and there's a vanilla-chocolate-type essence that lingers as well. I can see how people would like it, but I personally don't like heavy, lingering tastes or scents on my lip products.

Packaging: This is an important feature of a lip gloss since it tends to live in your purse - these tubes are sturdy and have really cool, ornate caps. The slanted squeeze tube applicator is my favorite way to apply gloss for sterility purposes.

Would I buy again? If it was a gift, I'd be cool with it, but it's not a product I will seek again.

on 7/20/2013 3:04:00 PM

I am review this sample that i received with my naked 2 palette in the color naked. I would never have thought to try this lip gloss but i am glad i had the chance to.
This lip gloss is minty and cooling. I really like that. The color is neutral with minor shimmer. And it tastes sweet which is a pleasant surprised..yay..i have gotten used to glosses with no flavor. The consistancy is thick but not sticky which i like. This is a good lipgloss to try.

on 7/6/2013 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I got given this as a gift in the shade Naked. Nice non greasy gloss with minor shimmer. Feels nice on the lips same sort of texture as Avons glazewear, nice minty fresh taste very reminiscent of the Covergirl crest mint glosses. I would buy those over this anyday as they are practically the same product in better shades. Nice but not worth the money.

Recommended for Medium Skin