September 1, 2014 | 1968 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Midnight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I have these eyeliners in the black color and the brown color. this midnight color is supposed to be a deep navy color, but it is simply not opaque. It applies very unevenly. I love the other colors i have, but this one was a flop for me

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why the reviews are so low for this. This is my absolute favorite eye liner. I put it right at my lash line with a small stiff brush and it lasts all day. So much better than any eye pencil. I can't use liquid eye liner because I don't like it that heavy. I like more of the smudged line, and this is just perfect in my opinion. Oh yes, it was also only about $3. :)

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Hate this stuff. It slides around like no one's business, making it impossible to get an opaque, even line. I will stick with the Maybelline gel liner for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use the ELF slanted liner brush to apply this. Great brush, great liner. Once on, it lasts forEVER, so make sure you get those lines smooth quickly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because I have gotten to where I prefer gel/cream liners to pencils, for the most part. Other gel liners I've used are L'Oreal HIP, Physicians Formula, & Esscence. I liked all of them. I'm not so impressed with E.L.F. though. It goes on VERY wet & takes too long to dry, causing smudges that I have to clean up, & causing me to have to touch up my makeup that I just applied! Super annoying. Also, this doesn't really look navy, it looks more like an off-black. It also seems like it fades throughout the day, which I have never had a gel/cream liner do. It's weird. Thankfully it was only $3, so no big loss. Still, it's always nice when you find inexpensive makeup that performs well. But this doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Moaner

This dried up so quickly and became a little, hard, unusable brick. Very disappointing. Won't ever purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised more reviewers aren't in love with this product! I'm really fed up of spending £14 on MAC's Blacktrack every time the damn thing dries out after a few months so I'm always on the lookout for my HG affordable black liner. This cost £3.75 (less than £2 with frequent BOGOF/half price offers!) so I had to try it.

The packaging feels typically cheap - plastic lid, plastic container and a lid that's often difficult to properly close. However the product shouldn't be judged by the packaging: a true black formula that's slightly creamier than gel liners but applies wonderfully smooth and doesn't smudge on the upper eyelid like so many eyeliners are guilty of. I use an E.L.F. slanted brush or one of the freebie Maybelline gel eyeliner brush to apply for a thin, precise line. It sometimes smudges a little under the corners of my eyes towards the end of a long day but the upper eyelid line stays in place & fully black all day long over the top of E.L.F eyelid primer - amazing!

I've been using it for 4 months and it's yet to come close to drying out, probably because I always make sure it's shut tightly and never left open for longer than needed. So glad I tried this product & will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Cons:
Cheap packaging
Dried up quickly
Not the best quality

Pros:
Originally went on smoothly
affordable

This of all I would like to say that this was the first cream/gel eye liner that I have ever purchased. So at the beginning I had nothing to compare it to so i thought it was great because i loved using an angle brush to apply I found it much easier then liquid eye liner. I pretty much used it on a daily basis, after about a month or so it started drying up and getting harder and harder. There was at least 80% of the product left when I had to throw it out 3 months later... after about one month it became really hard to apply, i would have to dip my brush at least 5-7 times to just do one eye and get it to the blackness I wanted... Which is pretty ridiculous! At the beginning it only took 2. I would not recommend it. If you want a cheaper gel/cream liner get the essence one, it's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a really great eyeliner but it fades pretty quickly. I only use it to tightline or waterline.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2013 8:50:00 AM More reviews by ecmoore08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I usually use MAC blacktrack fluidline but I am just about to hit pan and I wanted to try something cheap and different so I bought this and I am impressed! It is a great product for $3. I have been grabbing for this instead of my MAC blacktrack. I haven't had any problems with it smudging or transferring to my upper lid when I blink. I use a slanted liner brush to apply this product and it has been GREAT. Would purchase again and will recommend to all my friends. Hope that helps :)