April 17, 2014 | 1823 users online

Eyeliner - E.L.F. - Cream Eyeliner - Midnight

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:34:00 PM More reviews by chemistryfordummies

I have these eyeliners in the black color and the brown color. this midnight color is supposed to be a deep navy color, but it is simply not opaque. It applies very unevenly. I love the other colors i have, but this one was a flop for me

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 10:11:00 PM More reviews by ChellyTelly

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I don't know why the reviews are so low for this. This is my absolute favorite eye liner. I put it right at my lash line with a small stiff brush and it lasts all day. So much better than any eye pencil. I can't use liquid eye liner because I don't like it that heavy. I like more of the smudged line, and this is just perfect in my opinion. Oh yes, it was also only about $3. :)

rated 1 of 5 on 11/16/2013 8:25:00 PM More reviews by velenaherde

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I guess I can't say I hate all cream eyeliners, as this is the only one I've yet to try, but I definitely hate this one.
I thought it was good when I was just getting into eyeliner, but now I realize it's just horrible.
Smudges like you wouldn't believe, when I wore it I'd always have a black line in my crease from when I blinked!
Not too long after I bought it, it dried up hard as a rock! I understand that you have to warm it up to make it usable, but that's just too much work for me.
I'm not bad at liquid eyeliner, so why should I waste my time and inconvenience myself with this?
Some people aren't as skilled with the art of liquid eyeliner, though, and cream IS much easier to apply. It's pretty pigmented so it'd be good to just play around with.
All in all, I do not recommend unless you're just starting out.
I'm sure they have better ones out there.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:24:00 PM More reviews by Shauneexo

Hate this stuff. It slides around like no one's business, making it impossible to get an opaque, even line. I will stick with the Maybelline gel liner for now.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 11:44:00 PM More reviews by Wifeandmama

I use the ELF slanted liner brush to apply this. Great brush, great liner. Once on, it lasts forEVER, so make sure you get those lines smooth quickly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 12:11:00 PM More reviews by shoewhore

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this because I have gotten to where I prefer gel/cream liners to pencils, for the most part. Other gel liners I've used are L'Oreal HIP, Physicians Formula, & Esscence. I liked all of them. I'm not so impressed with E.L.F. though. It goes on VERY wet & takes too long to dry, causing smudges that I have to clean up, & causing me to have to touch up my makeup that I just applied! Super annoying. Also, this doesn't really look navy, it looks more like an off-black. It also seems like it fades throughout the day, which I have never had a gel/cream liner do. It's weird. Thankfully it was only $3, so no big loss. Still, it's always nice when you find inexpensive makeup that performs well. But this doesn't.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:12:00 AM More reviews by Moaner

This dried up so quickly and became a little, hard, unusable brick. Very disappointing. Won't ever purchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm really surprised more reviewers aren't in love with this product! I'm really fed up of spending £14 on MAC's Blacktrack every time the damn thing dries out after a few months so I'm always on the lookout for my HG affordable black liner. This cost £3.75 (less than £2 with frequent BOGOF/half price offers!) so I had to try it.

The packaging feels typically cheap - plastic lid, plastic container and a lid that's often difficult to properly close. However the product shouldn't be judged by the packaging: a true black formula that's slightly creamier than gel liners but applies wonderfully smooth and doesn't smudge on the upper eyelid like so many eyeliners are guilty of. I use an E.L.F. slanted brush or one of the freebie Maybelline gel eyeliner brush to apply for a thin, precise line. It sometimes smudges a little under the corners of my eyes towards the end of a long day but the upper eyelid line stays in place & fully black all day long over the top of E.L.F eyelid primer - amazing!

I've been using it for 4 months and it's yet to come close to drying out, probably because I always make sure it's shut tightly and never left open for longer than needed. So glad I tried this product & will definitely be repurchasing when I run out!

rated 1 of 5 on 3/31/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by liorak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Cons:
Cheap packaging
Dried up quickly
Not the best quality

Pros:
Originally went on smoothly
affordable

This of all I would like to say that this was the first cream/gel eye liner that I have ever purchased. So at the beginning I had nothing to compare it to so i thought it was great because i loved using an angle brush to apply I found it much easier then liquid eye liner. I pretty much used it on a daily basis, after about a month or so it started drying up and getting harder and harder. There was at least 80% of the product left when I had to throw it out 3 months later... after about one month it became really hard to apply, i would have to dip my brush at least 5-7 times to just do one eye and get it to the blackness I wanted... Which is pretty ridiculous! At the beginning it only took 2. I would not recommend it. If you want a cheaper gel/cream liner get the essence one, it's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2013 10:07:00 PM More reviews by xannieee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

It's a really great eyeliner but it fades pretty quickly. I only use it to tightline or waterline.