April 16, 2014 | 2159 users online

Lip Gloss - Chanel - Rose Dilemma 144 Glossimer

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by surrealreality

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Chanel Glossimers are my favorite lip glosses because of their texture and staying power. A lot of glosses cause a thin white line of.... gunk to form around the inside of my lips (those who have experienced the same problem will know exactly what I'm talking about). I've never experienced that issue while wearing a Glossimer.

About Me: Fair with warm yellow undertones (about an NC18 right now, only quite a bit more yellow toned). Very pigmented rosy red lips. Hazel eyes that look blue in daylight. Natural brunette currently dyed aubergine purple with a lot of deep red and copper highlights.

Color: In the tube, Rose Dilemma (#144) is a cool toned medium to light pink (I would call it bubblegum). On my lips, the gloss leans towards sheer but definitely has some pigmentation. Even though the pink is cool toned, it still looks great on me with my yellow undertones.

Finish: In the tube, it looks shimmery with tiny sparkles. On lips, it has only a little bit of shimmer and the tiny sparkles are very subtle. I'm always concerned that glosses with no/low shimmer and any sort of pigmentation will look milky..... but this really doesn't. Instead, it has a sort of jelly like appearance on the lips.

Texture: Like most Glossimers, Rose Dilemma feels comfortable, moisturizing, and very slightly sticky. The sparkles cannot be felt on lips.

Wear Length: About 4 hours, which is average for Glossimers (my average for other glosses of similar texture is about 3).

Scent: Glossimers have no scent :)

Packaging: It's ok. The gloss does tend to get on the inside of the cap and around the screw top, so it can get a little bit messy, but not too bad (I've certainly seen much worse). Also, the finish wears off the gold band very quickly.

I absolutely love this gloss. Wish it wasn't LE, but I did purchase more than one so hopefully they'll last me a while.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by xoxokris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

My first Chanel glossimer! I was always reluctant to pay $20-$29 for a lipgloss (the price went up in the past years) but I finally gave in because the recent colors have been DIVINE! I also made the mistake of trying on a Rouge Coco lipstick (Chintz) and bought that too....it is amazinggg by the way. Anyway, rose Dilemma is a beautiful color. Its a light to medium rosy pink with silver and pink shimmer. It's a glossimer extreme but I think it has less glitter than most other glossimers. This one in particular is half milky half jelly. It's not sticky and last a long time. On bare lips, it is almost clear but on top of lipstick it adds a pop of color that looks amazing! The shimmer is so fine that you don't really notice each one but the overall look is to die for. I've already bought more glossimers and plan on looking for more! <3

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 9:37:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the previous reviewer 200%. I too use it on top of the Rose Dentelle #37 (Rouge Coco lipstick). I am totally and utterly in love with this gloss and the lipstick. I am seriously thinking of buying another one of both (if it is limited edition). I wear it with green e/s and pink blush and looks great - fresh, vibrant, young! The colour is perfection for my skintone NC20 - 25ish with dark eyes and hair. Wish I could give it 10 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/13/2010 12:51:00 PM More reviews by jubez

One of the glosses offered in Chanel's Fall 2010 collection, 'Les Contrastes de Chanel' it is a medium pink with silver and blue shimmers running through the tube. Compared to Pink Teaser that I also purchased, this is relatively more sheer and not as pigmented. However, it does tone down my medium pigmented lips when worn alone. The effect and result is similar to other pale Glossimers such as Mica. Mica is more of a baby pink, while this is a true pink therefore it tinges my lips a delicate pink that is absolutely gorgeous (when worn alone). I like to pair this with Rouge Coco in Rose Dentelle from the collection as well. As with all Glossimers the texture is very gel-like, almost as if the shimmers are suspended in it. This makes for a very comfortable, non-sticky and non-gritty formula. Chanel Glossimers are my HG gloss, I always find myself reaching for these even though I own other glosses. These do not dry my lips out which is a big plus since my lips tend to peel when wearing lip products. It wears well, ~3 hours even through eating. I applied this, ate some fruit and a lot of gloss was still on my lips afterwards. If you like something shimmery and not as pigmented, give this one a try. The only gripe I have with Glossimers though is the length of the tube. It is so long that when you pull the wand out, gloss is always stuck to it, making it sort of messy. This is $31CAN.