October 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Skincare - Face - Garnier - Milky Lightening Dew

rated 1 of 5 on 4/20/2014 1:19:00 PM More reviews by whitemartinii

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I wanted to brighten my skin a little.. So this seemed like a good and economical choice when I chanced upon it in the drugstore. The moisturizers from the range aren't too bad, I like both the Light Complete Day and Night Restore cream. I made the mistake of not checking the complete list of ingredients in the toner before I bought it, because it has alcohol in it and it really dried my face out! There was nothing dewy about it at all!

It stung my face a little every time I patted it on, but I didn't think much of it. I have combination skin, so even at my forehead areas where it is supposed to be oily, my skin became very tight and itchy after putting on the toner. About 5-6 days into its usage, my cheeks which are the drier areas started to peel!! My gosh. Truth be told, I have used other toners with alcohol in them but this was really one of the worst.

Looking at other reviews by users who have oily skin, they don't seem to love it either. So I'm not exactly sure if the product works for oily skin even.

I only used it for about 6 days max and hence couldn't tell the brightening effect, but I feel that the other products along the range do work. To me the moisturizers: 'Light complete day cream' and the 'light complete night restore' are all much more heavy and moisturizing- hence are meant for users with drier skin. Whereas for the toner- it's definitely meant for people with oilier skin. What a confusing range of products.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/3/2012 6:43:00 AM More reviews by libbybiey

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

i've used this toner about 1 years ago..love the scent but it break me out..really bad..i used all of the range from the cleanser,this milky lightening dew,and the spf moisturizer..but sad it breaks me out..at the first time it was like magic after i use all of the range at the night and wakeup with soo bright,flawless skin,and smooth just like korean celebrity that i adore but its really oily for my skin and some huge painful pimples popped out..
i thought it just a normal side effects as i new to it,but after day by days my bright,flawless and smooth skin is gone..like nothing works anymore..and pimple getting worst than before..i barely have pimples and acne before but now..such a shame..my friends also noticed that my skin is tanned than before..i hate this product..combo and oily skin should not try this product..

rated 3 of 5 on 8/13/2010 9:06:00 AM More reviews by t03y03l

First I was searching to find a good milk cleanser in some drugstores and found this cute milky dew from garnier. I interested in their name (Milky Lightening Dew). ha ha it's a good idea to put "dew" in their product name. So I just bought it, and then I realize that it's a toner and not a milk cleanser, and it's not meant to use for acne prone skin (darn!!!).

It came like a liquid milk cleanser unlike other toners, and I didn't experience any itchiness so I'm just gonna use it as a cleanser before I wash my face. Hope it doesn't broke me out.....( wish me luck).

I really love the smell......

august 27 2010: just gave it to my sister...too moisten for me