April 23, 2014 | 1924 users online

Pressed Powders - Collection 2000 - Shine Away Compact Powder

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2013 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Superstarcarly

This is a really good product for a low end range. I usually apply it with a powder brush as I only like a light dusting, last for hours. Would defiantly recommend this to everyone it's got really nice packaging for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 2:23:00 PM More reviews by Superbeckyy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Another Collection 2000 gem! This was the first product I ever purchased from their range and I'm so pleased I did. I was looking for a powder to keep my shiny t-zone at bay, a real challenge if you have unruly oily/combination skin like mine.
This cost 4.19 at Boots, presented in a cute black plastic floral compact with a mirror and puff, unusually luxe for a cheaper product and ideal packaging to carry in your bag. Three shades are available (Light, Medium, Dark); I went for the Light as I have typically pale British skin. I scrapped the puff in favour of my Bobbi Brown face brush, ideal for even application over my foundation.
This is truly my HG powder - affordable, not too orange, keeps my shiny areas matte but natural and perfect for carrying in my bag. Sadly they're no longer stocked in Boots or Superdrug but they're available on Collection 2000's website for the same price with free delivery - I bought 3 just in case they're being discontinued after being withdrawn from shelves. Surely that attests to what a perfect product this is!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2012 10:15:00 AM More reviews by kate01704

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I swear by this all other powders make me go dirty and orange but this one in light is perfect i swear by it but im gutted i can't find it stocked anywhere anymore! and i also can't find it anywhere on the internet i'm lost now! next best one iv'e found is the maybelline dream matte powder in 03 but still nothing beats the collection 2000 one. I don't know if it has been discontinued i have been on the collection 2000 website and cannot find anywhere to contact them, there are no contact details :(

rated 5 of 5 on 9/25/2012 5:50:00 PM More reviews by FrankieNew

This is such a bargain for a good quality product.
Packaging is lovely and girly.
For this price (about 3.99 in the UK) you get a puff and a mirror within the compact.
This creates a nice matte finish and is a good setting powder for most foundations.

Defenitley reccomend this product, such a bargain!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2011 7:29:00 AM More reviews by daniellealexandra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a staple in my makeup kit. It's cheap, the packaging is minimalist and does the job perfectly.

Although it only comes in 3 shades, you can change the colour of it, depending on how much you apply. I either apply it with a bronzer brush or a blusher brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/3/2011 4:32:00 PM More reviews by sarakolber

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I have very problematic skin which breaks out when I use any makeup! This is an amazing setting powder! I have really dry skin as I am currently under the acne.org regimen and it stop the shine of the jojoba oil! I was not shiny at all and even though today was a really hot day of 25 degrees my face makeup stayed on the whole entire day! It is so cheap that I did not expect really good quality but was pleasantly surprised!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2011 11:09:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I think that for the price this powder is excellent. I bought it purely because of the cheap price and I needed a new foundation,concealer, powder combo. I use this powder over the 16hr foundation and it works excellently to set it. Sure I still have to retouch but my skin is oily. It makes my skin look flawless when applied over the foundation and concealer. I don't find it drying and I have it in medium shade which is perfect for my tanned skin. For the price you can't beat it!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/13/2010 7:36:00 AM More reviews by rishasoul

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I decided to buy this on a whim because it was cheap and I liked the sound of it. You get 10g worth of product for about 3 and it comes with a mirror and puff. Don't bother with the puff if you have your own brushes. I have combination/ normal skin, and on it's own this product does make my skin feel a little dry. You can't see it but you can feel it. I use it as a setting powder instead. Over my foundation it doesn't feel drying at all and it really settles down my foundation. It really creates a matte finish without leaving an obvious powdered look. It's really great for absorbing oil and leaves you with a nice, natural look.
I have this in shade 2 (medium) and there are only 3 shades but this powder blends very well with your skin. I'm very pale but I got the medium shade (which does look a little darker than I am) because it appealed to me and I don't look at all too dark.
I would not buy this again because I want to try some other powders first, but if I don't like them I will be re-buying this.
If you want a cheap, everyday setting powder then I definitely recommend this!