OPI Yodel Me On My Cell

4.2

on 5/14/2014 8:40:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is a nice, medium/deep turquoise. With two coats, the color was OK, definitely opaque but I added a third coat for some reason and I liked it a lot better. It looked more interesting and intense. With 3 coats it also almost has a jelly consistency. It has a subtle shimmer that is really beautiful. I went out dancing and in the dimmer lighting this color looks awesome and very dramatic, I couldn't stop looking at my nails. But still not loving the color so I won't be rebuying when I run out. That being said, I think it might be one of the best formulas I've ever tried. I don't need to do any clean up and although it can get a bit streaky, it's very forgiving; by the second coat you're fine and when I see a streak or spot where color is missing I just dab some polish on and it all blends together with the rest of the wet polish. On me it starts chipping after 3 days or so which is about the same for all my OPI polishes. 5 lippies for packaging for the wide brush which I absolutely love and 8 lippies for the formula, 3 for the color.

on 8/13/2013 1:22:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

Yodel Me On My Cell is a beautiful teal color. One of my favorites. It took two coats to get the desired coverage on my nail. I love blue polishes, and this is one of my favorites.

on 2/3/2013 10:01:00 PM

Super fun deep turquoise....amazing!!!...if only these shimmer opi were a bit more shiny like their creams it would be great.

Love this! To me it's a peacock blue with a lovely shimmer that called to me from it's place in the polish rack. Slightly thin, but perfect in three coats for me.

on 9/30/2012 5:36:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I got this nail polish in a mini-set that was part of the Swiss collection in 2010. To be honest, I bought the set mainly for the dark silvery shade which is lovely in its own right. Having tried this, it is just as lust worthy! It is a beautiful teal colour that leans more to the blue side. The formula isn't perfect but still good enough for five lippies - after two coats there is still some mild visible nail line (VNL). It is also slightly streaky but unless you look at it under bright light, this is not too noticeable. The colour is just amazing - a lovely glossy finish that is perfect for sunny autumn days or to cheer yourself up on dark winter days. I highly recommend!

on 8/10/2012 11:18:00 PM

I absolutely love this color. Of course, with my cool coloring, I tend to wear a lot of this color group, so it's a great choice for me. It's a good teal that has some dimension and shimmer. Two coats gives me a solid look and the topcoat gives it super gloss. Mine has never chipped. My sister likened it to automotive paint when I gave her a pedicure with it. Kind of like the magic teal paint of the '96 TransAm. : )

on 8/5/2012 9:05:00 PM

Yodel me on my cell is a dark, blue-leaning teal color. In the sunlight there is a much lighter teal shimmer.

This polish is very pretty, but it isn't special. I have owned this polish for nearly two years and only just used it this week. The formula and packaging are spectacular and it has a very shiny finish but the shimmer lacks depth and reminds me of car paint.

The teal shade is gorgeous in the sunlight but I wish it looked better indoors. I paid full price ($8) for this polish and looking back I probably should have passed on it. I feel like the color isn't particularly unique and I could probably find a similar polish at the drugstore.

on 7/3/2012 2:35:00 AM

Colour
'Yodel Me On My Cell' is a great winter colour! Probably wouldn't recommend it for summer, it's a fairly dark colour.It's more of a greeny, sheer colour on the first coat but after 2 good coats of this it's amazing and opaque! A unique, blue, teal an green sparkly polish! I've got so many compliments when I wear this. I'd recommend following up with a topcoat for best results.

Price/Brand
In Australia, OPI nail polishes cost $20! I think that might be a little pricey but it doesn't chip as much as the cheap ones so I do splurge a little and get OPI (its worth it). OPI have continued to impress mw with this colour.

Quality
I've accidentally dropped the bottle a few times and not even a scratch or a dent in the bottle. Great packaging quality!

on 5/16/2012 1:16:00 PM

The color is nothing great. I am glad I only paid $4.50 because JC Penney was selling it 50% off. If it was the full $ 8.00 I would have returned it.

on 12/4/2011 10:15:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

I loved this color in the bottle but when I wear it, it's just like all the other blues from recent years. I do however love the formula and the smoothness of the polish and brush. So I will keep wearing it for this reason, and it does look flattering on my skintone, but nothing for me to be like "OOhh I'm goin out tonite I'm gonna wear this and this, and then im gonna paint my nails with yodel me on my cell"...nope. Not at all. It's ok for everyday tho.

Popular Polishes