November 23, 2014 | 1947 users online

Bronzers - Clarins - Delicious Self Tanning Cream

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2014 5:15:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have been on a self tanner craze lately. I have a long history with self tanners for as long as I can remember, I have been using them either when they first came out/when I first heard such products existing. I find it easy to become lighter, but sun in a bottle? Tha'ts something. I bought and tried almost every single one. All of the lower end and I would say, most of the high end ones. I bought this today when I got off work to add to my growing Clarins self tanner/sun collection. This self tanner, and all other self-tanners/sun in general products from Clarins are the best or at the top. For the Delicious self tanning Cream, here's why:

-Least bad smelling out of every self tanner out there. It still has that "self tanner DHA" smell, but its so toned down to practically nothing. Plus this has other smells to tone down the DHA smell further. It smells like toffee/caramel/tiny hints of cocoa(hence the name of this) Both the very faint DHA and the gourmet smell wear off with time. My boyfriend absolutely HATES my St.Tropez, Jergens, Estee Lauder, etc self tanners because they smell so strong. Iwore this and asked if he smelled anything. He didn't! He even sniffed my arm and said he smelled nothing or perhaps perfume. WOW!

-Very lightly tinted. It annoyed me when self tanners contain so much bronze tint and sparkles. Its so messy, longer to dry, and sometimes too dark/much to put on and go outside. This looks like caramel in the jar. It melts into the skin and disapears. I think its only lightly tinted so you see where your putting it.

-Lots of product for the price.
-Lightweight, not oily/greasy
-texture is smooth, creamy, light,

What I dont like:
-Expensive price. CHF48.90. OUCH
-Im not visually attracted to the packaging like most Clarins products
-I would have liked a tube version better
-I like the gourmet smell, but maybe you wont.

Ive been wanting this self tanner for a long time and Im so glad I finally bought it. NOTE that I did not put any information about its actual tanning effects.Ive had it on me for 6 hours. So far so good. I will update in a couple of days over further results.

UPDATE 21APRIL2014: stil loving this bronzer for all the reasons listed above. On the tanning effects: weak-medium. This will not give you a deep tan overnight or even in three days. In three days you get definetly get a tan but nothing compared if i used st tropez three days in a row oh my goodness, that would be extreme. This is a true gradual self tanner. In a week you can expect amazing results. I use this every other day or every three days to keep up my tan. After one day i have a glow. This is so natural looking as well. So fair skinned ladies: if most self tanners are over the top in being too dark, too fast, unnatural or you just want a touch/glow, this is for you. Already tanned/olive ladies: to enhance your already tanned skin, push your tan a bit further, to maintain, then this is for you. As well as most of Clarins gradual self tanners. The best, HG. By the way I am not sponsered or working for Clarins. I just a medical assistant working in a doctors office.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 5:43:00 PM More reviews by loverbee123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Here is a little background about me. I tried the self tanning creams about 8 years ago when they first came out. To say the last, I sat in a lemon juice tub afterwards it was so streaky and orange.

After reading the great reviews of this product I decided to try this self tanning cream. It is AWESOME!!!! There is a little bit of a smell to it but it is not bad. I put it on at night and wash off in the morning. I keep it up by applying once a week.

TRY THIS!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/31/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by mackeenzieee

This stuff is THE best. The colour guard didn't really help me, but the unsaponifiables of cocoa really helped to make even my rough elbows silky smooth, and tan! I love this stuff, and I'll continue buying it. I was lucky enough to find a full-size version in a Clarins gift set at TJ Maxx for $20 US, however, once I run out, I'll even continue buying it at $42.5 CAD at Shoppers Drug Mart. I just wish that they had single-use packets, so I could have tried it much sooner!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/9/2013 2:35:00 AM More reviews by ShayBella08

If you're searching for the most natural-looking, soft-smelling, and long-lasting self-tanning product -- look no further. As an experienced Cosmetician, I have tried them all! - Fake Bake, St. Tropez, Neostrata, L'Oreal, etc. and while the St. Tropez mousse is comparable, it just doesn't take the cake like Clarins. The Delicious Self Tanning Cream goes on smoothly, evenly, and effortlessly. When skin is properly prepped(exfoliated and moisturized), it's streak-less and effortless. The light brown colour makes for easier application and compliments even the fairest skin tones without looking unnatural!! It comes with a convenient little spatula and when used with a self-tan application mitt - the process is absolutely fool proof with amazing results! Though it's a little costly ($42 CDN) at Shoppers Drug Mart, it is well worth it. Give it a try - you'll love it! It comes in two shades... Regular and Light. The regular works for all skin types! I find the light version to be a little different in terms of consistency and colour likability! Best Fake Tan EVER.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2012 6:26:00 PM More reviews by seven12

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am very pale, but not a beautiful porcelain sort of pale. I have a lot of redness and unevenness and my natural complexion is quite sallow. A light coat of self tanner a few times a month helps keep my skin looking smoother and more even-toned. I do it more for that reason than to look tan.

This tanner is ridiculously expensive, but it's the only one I've tried that hasn't broken my face out. To conserve product, I only use Clarins Delicous on my face, neck and decollete and then I use various sprays on the rest of my body. With self-tanners, I ALWAYS use gloved hands and blend well, despite what the directions say to do. I never have a problem with streaking.

I find this one really easy to apply. The color helps me to see exactly where and how much I've applied and the results are instant. As for the smell, they load this product with cocoa, but no self tanner smells delicious. That gross "self tanner smell" is the result of DHA reacting with your skin's amino acids. This chemical reaction is what causes your skin to change color, and ALL self tanners use this technology, therefore they all produce that same smell.

The packaging is just a plastic pot, nothing special. It would be nice if they could do a heavier glass jar for the price, but with a product this expensive I am just glad it's not in a tube. I like being able to see exactly how much is in there and easily get every last bit out.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by shaunam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I never write reviews but felt compelled to for this product! I have deathly white pale skin, so much so that my legs look blue. I have experimented with many self-tanners and finally gave up - they ALL made me look orange and streaked. Plus, it's so time-consuming with the exfoliating, application with gloves, etc...is just so complicated!. So when faced with a weekend in a two piece with a new beau I felt I has to try one last time...and am so glad I did! This product applies really well, like any moisturizer, just a thin layer absorbs easily into the skin. The smell is great and it leaves a subtle brown glow that I imagine would be stronger if I reapplied within a few days. But it turned out completely even, no streaking, and though my knees had some orange patches I know it's because I didn't exfoliate (tsk tsk!). Sure it's pricey but there are many applications in the tub I think it's totally worth it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by lovemakeup17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This self tanner, i am very dissapointed at!
First 1) THE PRICE... it is REDICIOUSLY freaking expensive....
2) The smell is HORRIBLE, the worst ever, even when it is still in the jar it smells of dicoustingness.. and after it is almost not bearable!
3) the colour is VERY unnatural, and orange/yellow. after using st. tropez and st. moritz and getting used to natural tan colour this is SOO dissapointing!
4) the colour goes very patchy (though first after about 3-5 days..
5) The guide colour dissapears to quickly so u actually CAN'T see where u did apply the tan.
6) Hangs on to dead skin and pimples so u look like u have a disease.
GOOD THINGS:
1) Doesn't go uneaven, and is super easy to apply.NO STREAKS.
2) Very moisturising and ur skin gets very soft.
3) last for quite a while, i'd say 4-6 days (though not on the face, on the face max 2 days.)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2012 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Rainey1

This is, without doubt, the BEST self-tanner! I hate how expensive it is, but still buy it because it is the most natural looking one I have ever used and I have used LOTS. It never streaks either. Wish it lasted a week on me as others claim..it lasts 2 days on my VERY pale NC15 skin.
HG

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 12:44:00 PM More reviews by emma1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

So much love for this product.
It gives the most healthy beautiful glow that you see in magazines! Its not the cheapest, 18.50 or so, but it lasts me a while.

It smells quite pleasant.. not overly nice.. but pleasant.

I have clear skin, no spots or anything, so I sometimes just smooth a light layer of this over my face and it looks like the most perfect dewy sun-kissed natural moisturizer. Uhhh I love it!

Will continue to repurchase this

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 9:29:00 AM More reviews by Suzyace

Quite simply THE best sef tan on the market and I have pretty much tried them all. Great colour, texture smell and lasts for about 1 week without going patchy. Amazing product!