Make Up For Ever Rouge Artist Intense [all shades]

4.3

on 7/19/2015 2:07:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Got this in N9 Copper Pink. Looks like a darker brown in the tube, thought it would look darker and vampish against my pale skin with pink undertones.

Applies really sheer (I was suprised !)

It will make a good fall lippie, comes off as a very nude'ish pink, not great for summer but perhaps for fall

Lasting power, meeh.

Can't see this as a 'Pro Line" lip color.

Can probably dupe this very easily in drugstore once you have your chosen color. and you can't rely on the color swatches or how it looks on your hand as it will blend with your own lip color hence, will look different on everyone

Would not pay this price, as am finding really good low cost lippies in the drugstore, I will skip the HE stuff and just buy new for the new season, and put one in my make up bag and one in my purse

I will skip this MUFE stuff, never have been impressed with one MUFE product purchased so well, here we go again

on 7/18/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

I have two of these! One of them is matte and the other one is what they call their natural. I have n18 and mat 8.
These lipsticks don't settle in my lip lines and also they do not leave the white film on my lips. Of course they are pigmented and they last super long! I am a lipstick junkie and these by far are on my top three lipstick brands list. matte lipsticks are usually drying for me and uncomfortable feeling to wear (Mac ones specifically) but these are not. the matte red that I have looks really velvety on my lips in my opinion. I like the natural one I have too- it looks creamy on my lips and illuminating. Also it is actually moisturizing and goes on smooth and creamy. The naturals are the same in my opinion in terms of lippies with Mac lipsticks but make up forever a matte lipstick formula is way better then Mac.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I got a mini for my birthday also. This stuff is awful! I loved the color, put some on. After about 10 minutes I couldn't stand this anymore and had to get it off of my lips! It was like I had smeared some cheap perfume on my mouth, the taste was nasty and I could smell and taste that perfume in my mouth. It reminded me of some cheap lipstick that I had once purchased but I cannot remember what lipstick it is anymore. The smell was exactly the same. If you don't mind perfumey lipstick I suppose this would be OK but I couldn't leave it on any longer.

on 1/10/2015 3:17:00 AM

I got a mini one of these in my birthday gift from sephora (which im always so excited to get) but it was the cutest kittle thing ever, as they always are and the xolor isreally pretty and it smells nice, although it doesnt last very long. Its just a nice thing to swipe on whwn your out and about. I really did think it was nice but im more of a lipstick stain kinda girl

on 1/2/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is for #39. VERY opaque, coraly color with a satin finish, in the best way possible. it is the perfect coral, not too orangey or peachy, or sheer or shiny. I added a pic so you can see for yourself, but if you want coral, this is it!

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

As a loyal customer of Make Up Forever cosmetics, I was disappointed with their lipstick.
It is a cakey mess when applied directly from the tube, even with a lip balm or primer.
They come in cool colours, no doubt, but definitely not worth the price.
While Make Up Forever specializes in other products, lipstick is just not one of them.

on 6/9/2014 5:45:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I am reviewing shade matte #5 and I must admit it is holy grail status for me. I love the vibrant violet pink, yet it is always wearable against my fair skin. I'm not that girl that's comfortable rocking a bold lip but the matte formula tends to dull it down slightly and allow me to feel more comfortable wearing a bold color. Matte is my favorite formula of lip products and I do not suffer from dry lips. However, this formula is very dry and if you suffer from dry lips I would recommend a balm first. I have this color on my lips in my profile picture. Lasts 6+ hours on me with eating and drinking and fades evenly. I am mac nc15

on 2/10/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Very intense, long lasting, I have satin coral. It's a coral pearl with a matte finsish, it lasts eight hours and is professional it matche sit's name alrigty. It looks very natraul. It doesn't stand out. Being subtle is more of a me thingy. It's darker than MAC Viva Glam IV but theres no comparison, this is more coral, it also reminds me of the MAC Viva Glam V lipsticka nd lipgloss, but this is different, more moisturizing and MUFE it's moisturizing to a degree, but I like putting gloss is over it and that can be worn alone or under lipgloss.

on 11/22/2013 9:48:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I always been more of a lipgloss girl than a lipstick girl, but this badboy just changed my mind. It's a-ma-ziiiing.

I got it in 39 a very pretty natural light pink in a satin finish. Not bright not flat, just the right shade for my muted coloring. There is two things that makes this product amazing, the staying power and the extreme pigmentation. It also fades quite evenly. I love it!

on 10/20/2013 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium

I must admit I was very skeptical when I received this as a gift. For the price I thought pfft, I'll return it and go grab me 2 (ish) mac lipsticks. But of being a makeup whore I had to at least try it.

Wow. I will not be returning this. Its a staple in my bag. Forever.

I have a bright red shade -can't think of the name - and I just want to say I was very impressed with the staying power of this puppy. I forgot the tube at home for touch ups which I discovered AFTER I had eaten lunch. I go to the bathroom and guess what. No need to worry. A little faded on the bottom lip, applied a little gloss and you couldn't even tell for the rest of the day.

I have always been impressed with the quality of Makeup Forever products.Though they are expensive, for your money you are getting a product you can trust. When I need a brand I can trust to get me though the entire day It has to be MUF.

Popular Lipsticks