October 20, 2014 | 1123 users online

Eye Shadow - Alison Raffaele - soft shadow - red plum

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 9:38:00 AM More reviews by 2ksmom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a really unique shade; as the name suggests, itís a mid-toned reddish-purple. I usually avoid red-toned anything, as it tends to make me look Ďsicklyí, and on its own Iíd never wear this, but over a shimmery base shade (I love this with Stila Kitten) this gives a really pretty effect. The texture is nice, soft & blendable, with little to no fallout. Itís a matte shade, but with a bit of a Ďsheení to it so it doesnít look flat. It wears all day over primer & a base layer of shadow. I pair it with a deep purple liner and it makes for a nice smokey-purple eye look. I like purple/plum shades a lot for my brown eyes, and this is truly a unique addition to my collection. The only thing I donít like it that is has fragrance (fragrance in an eyeshadow product, why?!) but surprisingly it hasnít caused irritation and I have super-sensitive eyes. I got this from Hautelook for $5, and Iíd repurchase at that price, though I doubt Iíd ever need to.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/12/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by oliviachloe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Well...it's not bad, but I don't love it either. It's a deep reddish purple shade, with an opalescent shift (although this shift doesn't show up vey much on the skin)--a very pretty color, actually. The problem with it for me is the texture. It's a matte shade, and it's pretty smooth, but it's not very blendable. If I use it as a crease shade with a shimmer shade on my lid, it blends ok, but if I use it as a lid shade, it's blotchy. It is advertised as wet/dry, so I tried it wet as a liner, and that worked nicely. I got it on Hautelook (not affiliated) for about $7, but the normal price is $19.50. I said that I wouldn't buy it again, because I can't see myself using it very much. I have other plum shadows that perform much better than this one.