December 20, 2014 | 1578 users online

Primer/ Corrector - MISSHA - The Style Pore Minimizing First Base

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2011 11:27:00 PM More reviews by xfrommetoyou

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Positive

* Light, extremely easy to blend (glides on the skin)
* Moisturises the skin beautifully.
* Covers all pores.
* Gives foundation placed on it a flawless finish.
* Inexpensive (approx. $12.90 AUD)
* Oil control.

Negative

* Contains too many chemicals (e.g. silicon)
* Needs deep cleansing after use.
* If not using foundation, it gives the skin a really white, pale look.

My own experience:

I sought a primer that had good oil control, and did not clog up my pores. Since I was using the Missha M Signature BB Cream, I decided to try out this one, since it is specifically for the BB Cream range. To my amazement, the BB Cream became ten times easier to blend and gave a much more flawless finish (even though it was easy to blend before).

Any sight of pores were gone, and gave my skin such a "natural" look. The skin was left feeling light, and very moisturised. I will definetely consider a repurchase :)

However, after taking a look at the ingredients (too many chemicals), it requires deep cleansing after use.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2010 4:07:00 PM More reviews by azraelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I was seeking for a good oil controlling make-up base, and as I read the words"pore minimizing", I was sold. So I purchased this on ebay for about 15 $ which is an ok-price for 30 ml, as a small amount is enough for the whole face, so the clean squeeze-tube goes along for a looong time.
This base has a slight white-ish tint, so I wouldnīt recommend this to you, if youre somewhere around NC 40 or higher, as it may look weird, even if you apply make-up over it. But for me, it works very well. The BB cream, which I apply over this, glides like a dream and is even easier to blend. And the pore minimizing effect is definitely there, my skin looks flawless and luminous after I apply this. The oil control rocks, I only need some blotting paper after 6 hours for my nose and I donīt need to re-apply anything, as the base makes my BB cream (I rarely wear make-up) last forever. One thing I read about on a beauty-blog (I think it was verdict-on-beauty, but Iīm not sure) was, that this contains silicone, which explains why it feels like youīre not wearing anything, and that itīs very important to d-e-e-p-l-y clean your face in the evening as silicone can clog your pores if you donīt wash it off properly, which can lead to breakouts. But as I have some great facecleansers from Kosé which make my skin squeaky-clean, I didnīt have any so far, and there were also no irritations. So all in all: a big "yes" from me as it is cheap and preforms like a high-end base. The reason I took one lippy off is the following: waay too much chemistry here, have a look at the ingredients. And it contains paraben. Didnīt have a bad reaction so far, but I usually avoid paraben-products.

And here is the ingredient list, in case you want to know:

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, C30-45 Alkyl Cetearyl Dimethicone(=silicone as far as I know), Crosspolymer, Alcohol Denat, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone, Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride,, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Talc, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Aluminium Hydroxide, Butylene, Glycol, Fomes Officinalis (Mushroom) Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Fragrance (Parfum), Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Linalool, Citronellol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxysohexyl, 3-Cyclohexene, Carboxaldehyde, Benzyl Benzoate, Geraniol.

May contain +/-; Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Mica (CI 77019), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No