September 22, 2014 | 1760 users online

Sunscreen - Laura Mercier - Daily Face Shield with Adaptogens SPF 40+

rated 3 of 5 on 6/11/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by beautykrazy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Overall I really like this sunscreen, but I have a few niggles with it that stop me giving it top marks. My main niggle is the price, it's expensive for an ounce of sunscreen. I go through sunscreen (and this one in particular as it's so light and slippy) like gangbusters so if I bought this again it would be a spendy treat. Mercier products are pricey and usually you're getting quality for your money. This is quality, but for the price I really want SPF50 or above for a high end, high price sunscreen, and at SPF40 this comes in a little low for my liking. I also wish it lasted longer. I'm still on the hunt for that perfect sunscreen.
As I say it's light and slippy and I worried that I wasn't getting enough coverage to properly protect me, however it does seem to have stable and efficient sun protection despite it's lightness of feel. It's oil-free but it is siliconey, so I can see this either not being a good idea for oily skin or perhaps interfering with your preferred skincare/makeup routine. I enjoyed it's light feel under makeup and the silicone helps makeup glide on smoothly with none of the heavy stickiness of many sunscreens. Another plus is that it leaves no white cast and doesn't look like you have sunscreen on. It's good for sensitive skin. I just seemed to use this up very quickly so it's a bit too pricey to be my everyday sunscreen, but I would repurchase, it's certainly a reliable option.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2013 12:34:00 AM More reviews by mariscrane

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't have mega oily skin but it doesn't take much to push it over the edge. For that reason, HE sunscreens like this are a good investment because I don't break out and they don't run out quickly. I first tried this a few years ago in a promotional sample kit with the coconut scrub and eye serum. Would gladly have purchased full sizes of any of them but the flawless face shield won me over hands down. The sample alone lasted for weeks, and I was using it everyday. The liquid is kind of sparkly and opalescent, smells expensive, and absorbs super fast. You only need a fine layer and you're protected ... Totally worth going for the 1 oz! Gotta love Laura Mercier face products; I seriously have yet to be disappointed.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/2/2012 10:49:00 PM More reviews by modernnomad

Was using this for awhile, and liked it then... but just switched to La Roche Posay Antehelios Ultra Light spf 60, and it's soooooo much better than the LM! The LM is greasier, takes longer to "set" to matte, gets greasier as it wears, so makeup disappears, and it also gets "sandy" feeling if you sweat. Check my review of the Antehelios - it wears sooooo much better under makeup, almost like a primer! Colors stay true, my makeup stays on. And it's cheaper, with a higher SPF. So I won't be buying the Laura Mercier again, too expensive for what it is.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2012 6:58:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Divine: oil free, lightweight, readily absorbed, wearable under tinted moisturiser and all with a decent SPF of 40 devoid of whitecast. What's not to like?

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2012 11:10:00 AM More reviews by linneahurtig

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

this is an amazing sunscreen! im all about layering my skincare and ive tried many expensive sunscreens such as jan marini's sunscreen, skinceuticals sunscreen (ive used both their skincare systems. currently on skinceuticals), peter thomas roth sunscreen etc. this one outstands them all! ive got oily skin all year around and this one is perfect for me as its not heavy or sticky. its smooth, easy to blend in and most importantly - it doesnt break me out! :D will re-purchase this forever.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by dictatorprincess

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm not a big fan of layering multiple products on my face, which means that in the summer everything gets nixed for sunscreen. Until I met this product. This is the only sunscreen I am able to wear with foundation or TM (make sure the sunscreen in the TM or foundation you use doesn't make this unstable). It works as a great primer and doesn't bead or splotch even in hot weather. I wear on my chest as well if my shirt is cut low, and I haven't had any breakouts down there. I have dry skin and it is a little drying on the coldest days of winter, but the rest of the time it is fine. I am in love.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/21/2012 8:23:00 AM More reviews by rowergirl

I am returning this product. I was told that this is a day cream with sunscreen. I noticed that my skin still felt a little dry after I put it on. When I read the packaging carefully, it said that this be applied OVER moisturizer. I am not paying $45 for sunscreen only when I can get a combination day cream with SPF. I was misled by the saleswoman, which is disappointing.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2011 10:47:00 PM More reviews by shordeecat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love love love this product. It is a runny consistency but leaves the skin feeling silky smooth. A little goes a long way. It is awesome under makeup and can be used instead of a primer. It's oil controlling and supposedly helps your skin adjust to extreme climates. I like that it is SPF 40 and feel extremely lightweight. Definitely recommend.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2011 12:35:00 PM More reviews by ibraille

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

D*mn this is expensive and yet worth every penny for me. It doesn't cause ANY type of irritation, breakouts, or greasy oil slick. It works as both a light moisturizer and primer. It helps my foundation go on even more smoothly and last longer. I think it is slightly water resistance because even when I perspire I don't find that it breaks down. Also, no white cast :)

It is a very runny liquid. The best way to spread this without using half the bottle is to make sure your face is slightly damp. I spritz water lightly on right before and it works great that way. I dab it on forehead, cheeks, chin and spread then go back and do around the eyes with a teeny bit more. Sinks in quickly.

Pricey, but def HG for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/25/2011 12:46:00 AM More reviews by Eliz26

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really like this sunscreen, and went through 2 sample tubes before deciding to buy. It is one of the few that don't give me little bumps all over my face or feel think and pasty. It works very well under both mineral, liquid, and TM foundations. I use it for running too, but I don't sweat a lot and even when I do, I have no sign of any burns or even tan on or around my face. So for me, it works great. One of the small sample tubes lasted me 7 days, so for the amount I have to use, the full size will last me a long time. The price is well worth the zero breakouts.