July 25, 2014 | 971 users online

Powder - Neutrogena - Mineral Sheers Loose Powder Foundation - Nude 40

rated 3 of 5 on 8/23/2013 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Natalieeekbye

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Just bought this because I ran out of my bare minerals foundation (which I hated). So I opted for a neutrogena brand which I thought would be better for my skin. This stuff makes my face look soooo cakey and dry! The brush is awful and coarse even after I washed it, and the little hairs get on my face. I use my elf powder brush. I'm going to keep trying this because I paid $12 for it.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/22/2013 8:29:00 PM More reviews by lauravhi24

This was the very first product I used when I barely started wearing makeup and I think its a good product, but a bit pricey though. Quality of it is good, lasts almost all day and its great for a natural look. But i wouldn't say this is the best I've tried so far. Milani mineral powder works the same and is way cheaper. I'd rather buy that then Neutrogena product.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2013 1:45:00 PM More reviews by lipstickshells

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder. Sometimes I use it alone (average coverage for a powder IMO), but I have been using it mostly along with my Mac BB foundation for the fall and winter. Holy crap was I surprised at the beautiful finish this gave me. It doesn't irritate my skin at all, even if I leave it on all night and all types of blush glide over beautifully. I will definitely repurchase when this disappears.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/4/2012 10:04:00 PM More reviews by kaydee000

I have very acne prone skin, and makeup seems to make me breakout even more. However, this product has not made my acne worst. In addtion, its light feeling when applied to my face (depending on how much I use), coverage is ok it's buildable but still has a light-medium coverage (especially if you got many acne scars and blemishes). If you do have oily skin I recommend using a primer and a translucent setting powder because this product will not stay on your face. BUT I do like this product because it does not cake on to your face, as long as you use a light hand and gradually build up; and it doesn't cause me to break out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2012 1:04:00 PM More reviews by chrisie

Love this powder foundation.Neutrogena powder/foundations seem to match my skintone more than other cosmetic lines I have tried.Continous buy for this product~

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 1:54:00 PM More reviews by Tayswift

This product is great with Neutrogena skin clearing oil free makeup. It helps reduce pore size. keeps skin tone even. doesnt clog pores. doesnt make your face look like you have a ton of powder on. Helps protect your skin from sun damage.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/8/2011 11:13:00 AM More reviews by sickgirl13

I use this powder foundation as a setting powder after using liquid foundation. The Nude shade looked like the right shade for my skin tone, but like other posts above, it comes out darker and more orange on my skin!
When used by itself, there is no coverage whatsoever and IMO it is great as a setting powder. The finish is matte.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:19:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

A M A Z I N G!
I love this stuff. I recently purchased this and ohmygod. Okay so I don't use it by itself but holy moly I've never seen my skin so flawless looking even with other powders i've tried.

I set this stuff with my Revlon Colorstay and I've never seen my skin look so good. It gave my skin a huge natural looking boost after I had set my liquid foundation.
I got this in Buff because nude seemed too dark for me. It matches my skin tone nicely.

Best stuff ever and it didn't break me out or irritate my skin! I tried the covergirl mineral foundation before this one and I didn't like it at all. Made me look way too chalky and dull.

I will forever be a loyal buyer of this stuff, lol.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/11/2010 7:51:00 PM More reviews by BlueSkiesAbove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Neutrogena Mineral Sheers Loose Powder Foundation in Nude 40

This item was a recent find at the local Walgreens. It's a loose powder foundation with SPF 20. I was very happy to find a powder foundation for the summer that has a SPF factor. I live in FL and its sunny and hot so SPF is a benefit.

This loose powder foundation It is packaged in a round container, with a sifter lid. It comes with a small brush.

It's a loose mineral powder. Contains no scent. The color went on very naturally. Nude looks lighter in the container than it does on skin. So as a guide choose the next color lighter or darker than what you think you are seeing, or try it out first on your inside wrist or jawline if you can. I think it goes on darker than it looks because it really does give full coverage.

This powder is matte and it has no shimmer. It gives very good coverage, blending out my red areas and filling my skin color in so that it looked smooth and finished.

A small brush with a container fits in the inside lid. I didn't like the brush (it is flat and wide) so I used my kabuki brush with it instead

I'm so happy that this powder has spf 20. I'm currently using it under the Neutrogena healthy skin glow sheers tinted moisturizer with spf 20 (fair to light). The healthy skin glow gives light coverage and it leaves a shine, so this powder helps to seal and matify it.

Overall I am pleased with this and plan to use it throughout the summer. I will also repurchase but i will get the next lighter color next time

Excellent packaging quality, great product at a reasonable price. Excellent!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No