Garnier Blow Dry Perfector

1.9

Smooth-It Serum: Aqua/Water, Cysteine, Ethanolamine, PEG-14 Dimethicone, Hexadimethrine Chloride, Aminomethyl Propanol, Polysorbate 20, Oleth-20, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Hydroxypropyl Guar, Cetrimonium Chloride, Dimethicone PEG-7 Phosphate, Parfum/Fragrance, Pentasodium Pentetate. *** Heat-Activated Perfect-It Cream: Aqua/Water, Amodimethicone, Cetearyl Alcohol, Trideceth-5, Polyquaternium-37, Phenoxyethanol, Propylene Glycol, Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Steareth-20, Parfum/Fragrance, Phenyl Trimethicone, Cetyl Hydroxyethylcellulose, Trideceth-10, PPG-1 Trideceth-6, Oryza Sativa Bran Oil/Rice Bran Oil, Limonene, Chlorhexidine, Digluconate, Linalool, Sodium Nitrate, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hexyl Cinnamal, Citronellol, Silica, Benzyl Alcohol, Polysorbate 60, Citral, Sodium Acetate, Sodium Hydroxide, Citric Acid.

Another SAD customer. It straightened my hair but I also lost half my hair down the drain. I almost cried seeing clumps of hair that were coming off my brush. I've never seen anything like this. It thinned my hair so much that my ears about poke out from under my normally thick, wavy hair :( I'm so sad that I didn't get on here first. Even worse, I was nervous about using this when I bought it two years ago and for some odd reason today decide to pick it up and use it. Please seriously, do not use this product.

on 5/20/2013 12:31:00 AM

This product is the reason I had to cut my hair off! After close to a year since having used it my hair is still not right! Upon putting the product on my hair I knew I had made a horrible mistake! My hair instantly began to almost melt. It broke entire sections..it was truly the worst hair experience of my life!

Tried this on my sons thick, big curly hair. He usually flat irons it but we decided to give this a shot. Horrible results! It left his hair dry, poofy, and frizzy!

on 12/31/2012 6:11:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Update: Loreal (owns Garnier) has had a product liability lawsuit filed against them due to this product. I do not know the final outcome

on 12/8/2012 7:22:00 PM

Wow i was going to try this to make my hair stay pin straight i have healthy non color treated hair and non processed hair. I am going to return this i can't thank you enough for saving my hair :)

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Cool

This is def the worst product I have ever used! It is funny how some reviewers are repeating what the box states...It says to wait 2 weeks after coloring your hair, then elsewhere it says that if your hair is treated in any way, to not use it! It does no good to repeat the same bs twice, it doesn't make sense the 2nd time either.
I used this on my hair a few months ago which happened to be just before my wedding. For the first time ever, the ends of my hair were just breaking off. I would brush my hair and have all these short pieces of hair all over my clothes....and this is still happening, even after a trim. My hair became dry and thin as well. Now it is almost back to normal but the people producing this stuff should spend more energy on taking it off the market and less on writing phoney reviews that just sound ridiculous....ps: it does not make it more believable to write "like" in a review to make it sound as if as 18 year old wrote it. Like, you know what I mean??
DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT

on 7/15/2012 2:33:00 PM

I used this product on my very healthy hair and it completely damaged it INSTANTLY. My hair completely changed after using this product. I tried so many treatments for a few weeks to try to restore my hair but nothing worked. So yesterday I had to get 7 inches cut off because of what this product did to my hair! I am completely disappointed with Garnier and I will honestly think TWICE before I buy another product of theirs.

on 6/22/2012 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is terrible. Did this treatment a year ago and completely ruined the ends of my hair, turned the ends into a frizzy kinky mess that I couldn't even get to straighten and look normal. My ends began to fall off.. I was forced to cut a few inches off my hair that was already shoulder length.. My hair is still not the same.. I regret using this so much.. Please be careful using this..

on 4/16/2012 8:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Ok, so first of all, for those of you who have bleached hair, you are not supposed to use it, regardless of how long ago you bleached it. And second of all, it even says in the instructions, that if your hair has been colored/permed you have to wait at least two weeks before using it. And for those who have relaxed or chemically treated you're not supposed to have your hands on this product either. Bottom line: If your hair isn't bleached, permed, chemically treated, relaxed, highlighted/colored, then you can use it straight away. Gosh, people, READ! I bought this product like in January or February and it's amazing. My hair is in suitable condition to use this product, so I went ahead and bought it. I used it the moment I was free to take a shower. The smell of the serum was horrible, but I pretended to tolerate it. Then after towel drying my hair, I applied the cream, and straightened my hair the next day. It did exactly what it promised, and I only had run the flat iron over sections of hair twice. Before, it was like, 5 times, which equals a ton of damage. I would totally buy this product again.
2015 Update:
So, the review above ^^^ was a couple of years ago, back when this product actually DID its job. Currently, I am not understanding as what happened to it, nor can I find any expiration date on the packaging or on the tubes themselves.

Prior to preparing for my senior class portrait photoshoot, I decided to put some of this stuff into my hair, so I can at least look decent. On the actual day, I had decided to straighten my hair (which was a big mistake in the long run), but something weird was happening. The flat iron just seemed to be not working, when in fact, it was my hair. I'm not so sure how to entirely describe the situation, but here goes:

I brushed and sectioned off layers, and began the styling process. However, as soon as I unclipped the upper portion of hair, I noticed the bottom part became wavy all over again. So, i re-did the bottom part, and yet, the same thing still happened, and the flat iron was on the highest setting it could muster! Even worse, my hair became sticky and tangly throughout the process. (My hair was 100% dry the whole time, though.) It took about a full hour before every strand was flattened into submission. And one hour is a pretty unusual amount of time for me to style; it's more around 20-30 minutes, tops. (Curling only takes 10 min for me). My hair was even static as well, and that never happened with this product before! Overall, I really would not recommend it anymore. At least, maybe if I was aware of the expiration date, then it would make sense to praise the serum and setting cream. But I still don't advise buying this.

on 3/28/2012 6:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This stuff is horrible! DO NOT USE! I used it before reading reviews and it made my beautiful, thick, long hair extremely dry and thin/stringy. I had to cut some of it off and use a lot of repair treatments in the salon and at home. It's been a year and a half and my hair is still not the same. I can't wait for all of it to grow out. This product really needs to be taken off the market.