December 21, 2014 | 989 users online

Styling Products - Clairol - Herbal Essences Tousle Me Softly Mousse

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 10/17/2014 9:16:00 AM More reviews by BetsDraper

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I haven't used this product in two years and just started using again and now I wonder why I ever stopped. I have short to medium length hair that is more on the wavy side than curly and this product makes my waves so nice and flowy. I've also used this before I blow dry my hair and it gives a very nice bounce. I don't know if this is good for your hair health but I usually shower at night, towel/air dry my hair as much as possible then just go to bed. I wake up to really nice, wavy, bouncy bed-hair and I love the disheveled effortless look, in this case it is truly effortless. If there is one thing I would change about this product, it would be the smell, not the biggest fan of the fragrance. The reason I use the 'set me up' line is solely for the smell, I wish they could just switch the fragrance. Product does build up, so it's necessary to shampoo everyday if you're using the product on a daily basis.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/23/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by rach29

This product does nothing more than make my hair hard and crunchy. Even if I only use a little, it ends up looking awful. I have soft waves in my hair when it dries naturally and I wanted a product that would hold them and keep them from getting frizzy. It must weight my hair down because I end up with no waves.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/1/2014 7:28:00 PM More reviews by rachlovesoliver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have naturally wavy, fine hair that can easily go straight or very wavy verging on curly. I wear my hair wavy pretty much every day. I bought this because the directions described exactly how I already style my hair so it sounded like a good match. However this did not give me the look I usually go for. To be fair, the product did what it said it would do. It made my hair very soft and tamed my frizz but it gave me absolutely no hold and did not boost my waves at all. I had to use a ton of it just to get a tiny bit of definition. This product would be good if you like your hair with very subtle waves but I like mine big and curly. I've found volumizing mousses actually work better to give me volume and defined waves. This just didn't give my fine hair enough texture or definition. I will be returning it and getting the volumizing mousse I think.

Pros: smells great, tames frizz, no crunchiness

Cons: No body (flat, :( sad hair), no definition or texture, no hold, and most importantly it's tested on animals :(

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2014 5:46:00 PM More reviews by piercethesassy

This is actually the only thing I'll use on my hair. I've been using it for 2 years, & it always does the job! I have thick, super curly, Southern Italian hair. I use this with the fix me up hairspray of the same brand & it makes my curls look nice & not frizz. Everything else that I've tried doesn't contain my hair's poofy-ness & it just looks like a mess. This is a great product!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/31/2013 8:49:00 PM More reviews by frankyt

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This did nothing for my curls. It weighed them down and made them look wiry and gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/6/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by ESTELLEMAHER

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had high hopes for this mousse. Thought it was rubbish!! Didn't like the smell. It fizzed as soon as touched my hair and didn't stay creamy. After styling I looked like I was ready to haunt a house!! My ironing board has more body!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/30/2012 7:10:00 AM More reviews by whitecatdisguised

So for starters, my hair has choppy layers (shortest at around about 12cm) and goes down to waist length. My hair is very thin at my longest layers and is straight (not pin straight). The condition of my hair isn't the best.
When I originally bought this product, I was really looking for that beachy waves look.I opened it and it smelled AMAZING (like everyone else is saying on here). Not too overwhelming for me because I just love it so much. I give about 2 short pumps and put majority on my crown area and some on my bottom layers. When I began to blow dry and scrunch, my hair was quite stubborn. It would tousle a little bit but not a lot. So I was quite disappointed in that aspect. BUT for volume, it gave my hair amazing volume. Now maybe that's because of my choppy layers, but nonetheless I loved the fluffy volume it gave me.
It gives me some shine, not a lot. And the feel of the hair overall isn't that smooth, but 'fluffy'.
I don't use this product for the tousling effect anymore, but more for the volume!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2012 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Moneyinthebanx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Sadly, I will not repurchase. I got this at my local drugstore for $1.50 so super cheap. Like the bottle, standard mousse bottle.

The product can leave my hair crunchy and makes it hard to get second day hair if I use this the first day. HOWEVER, if I don't use this on the first day, I can scrunch this in and add hair spray to get second day hair.

It was a good price but sadly the product is just ok- nothing great. Still in search of HG curly wear for my hair.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2012 3:10:00 AM More reviews by maneater

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The smell of this stuff is absolutely overwhelming and DISGUSTING. I had to wash my hair again after putting this stuff on, the smell won't quit !

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2012 8:43:00 AM More reviews by carrotzy

Tousle me CRUNCHY, darlings! Hello, nightmare! - please do not buy this product. It's got a god-awful smell of toilet cleanser and my grandma's perfume, which you know, I COULD overlook if it didn't stick my hair together like superglue! I put it into my semi wet curls, and once it dried, it couldn't be pried apart - had to rewash and was NOT impressed. What's more, the packaging clearly eloped with whatever I was thinking when I bought this product - it broke on the third usage, and started issuing this squelchy sound, and lo and behold! Thou shakest and the liquid comes flying straight at your face.

It's cheap at three dollars, but it's three dollars well worth spent doing something else. Go buy a gelato, invest for one tenth of the shoe you've had your eye on. Just please don't buy this mousse.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No