Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

4.4

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is a fantastic lipstick. I have plenty of high end lipsticks in my arsenal, but I keep going back to this one again and again. It's highly pigmented and the texture is such that I don't end up with little "blobs" of uneven color (which sometimes happens even with my far pricier lipsticks). Premium quality at a dirt cheap price, to the point where I wonder why I even bother with $20+ lipsticks :/.

Yes, it transfers, but I have no lipsticks that don't do this at least somewhat. It does have plenty of staying power and even when wiped away, leaves a lovely stain behind. I have to exfoliate my lips to fully get rid of the color.

Color-wise, it's a true red, albeit a hair on the blue side. Just a hair though. I love it on its own, but I love it even more when layered over or under the Cherry Picking shade from the same line (despite it's name, Cherry Picking is more raspberry than cherry in color). The two shades blend together perfectly and when layered, create some of the loveliest, most luxe colors ever.

The packaging is garbage, but at $2 a pop, that's to be expected and I'm glad that the money appears to be going towards the actual product and not the package itself. This is considered to be a dupe for MAC's Ruby Woo, but I'm so happy with Stoplight Red that I haven't even thought about upgrading, except maybe to compare the two from firsthand experience. We'll see.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

This lipstick is fabulous, yet I rarely wear it for some reason! It is very, very long-lasting and very pigmented, and doesn't dry out my lips like matte lipsticks usually do. I imagine that the reason I don't wear it very often is because of the packaging- it feels less than glamorous when you whip the shoddy plastic tube out of your bag to reapply! However, every time I do wear this I wonder why I own any of my other red lipsticks. Aside from the longevity and wonderful vibrant pink-red shade, you also get a tonne of product. The sheer amount in the tube combined with how little one needs to reapply this lipstick means it will probably outlive me, my grandchildren and Cher at this rate.

on 5/30/2015 12:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Not Sure

This is the Taylor Swift bright red I've been looking for. It's perfect for when you want that true red matte lippie & you don't want to spend 16 & 17 dollars for a tube of lipstick at MAC, Sephora, Ulta etc it's perfect

Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool

Unf. Where do I even begin with this amazing lipstick.

I'm the kinda girl that doesn't believe in "safe" red lipstick. When I wear red lips, I want it to stand out! I want to make a statement! Either go big or go home. There is no in between.

That being said, I have been hunting for a super bright, super pigmented true red lipstick, something retro and vintage that I can wear to Dapper Day at Disneyland and fit right in. When I came across the reviews for this lipstick, I thought, why not? And at the rumored $1 price tag, it's well worth the try.

Sadly, this isn't a lipstick that's carried in every store (Walmart, I'm glaring at you) and I had to drive to three different drugstores before finding it at my local CVS for $2.. which is still pretty cheap, and I am SO GLAD I bought it.

It's a stunning lipstick. Five stars doesn't even begin to cover it. It's literally everything I ever wanted in a lipstick. It's smooth upon application and a couple swipes is all it takes to achieve that bright, BRIGHT vintage true red pin-up look. Definitely Disneyland worthy! It makes my NC35 skin glow and look brighter, even without BB cream on! And as an added bonus, there's some teeth whitening going on, although it's very minimal and nothing as serious as my Milani Best Red.

The lasting power is incredible. It never fades. Ever. Just kidding, it sort of does, but after hours and hours of eating and drinking, and even then it fades to a bright pinky stain that looks pretty good and not faded at all. However, it does get on everything my lips touch and it doesn't ever stop staining, even after a couple hours. But it definitely doesn't feather.

But alas, nothing is perfect, this lipstick included. One problem is that the bullet doesn't have a pointed edge on one side, so without a lip brush or incredible lipstick application skills, it's difficult to apply on the upper lip or the corners of the mouth. But that's an easy fix.

My biggest gripe is the packaging. Oh the packaging. I guess for $2 and an awesome lipstick I shouldn't be complaining, but the people that designed it didn't make the lipstick tube long enough to cover the bullet, so it's easy to crush the side of the bullet as youre lifting the plastic cap. And speaking of the plastic cap, although it's nice to see the color of the lipstick even with the cap on, it's flimsy. Very flimsy. I don't dare put this lipstick in my purse for fear the cap would fall off and the color get everywhere.

But other than that, it's an incredible lipstick, especially for the price, and a definite rebuy!

on 4/12/2015 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just wore this for the first time yesterday and I really like it! it was a little brighter than I was expecting but as a lot of others are saying, this is a very true red that I think would work on a variety of skin tones. and as an added bonus, it made the green in my eyes really pop~

pros: lasted several hours w minor touchups, no feathering w/o liner. seriously ridiculous longevity, great color

cons: not really matte at all, will come off if you eat/drink/touch your lips (but doesn't affect the color much), crap packaging

would buy again for sure!

on 2/28/2015 4:35:00 PM

The packaging is cheap, but so is the price. The lid doesn't come off or anything, so I don't have a problem with the tube. The product itself comes off very pigmented, but it does smudge if you're not careful. It is less matte than another red I have from WnW, but it still looks good.

I would possibly repurchase, but I don't know how much I like it on my face yet.

on 1/21/2015 9:39:00 PM

This lipstick is alright, not great. It is very red but not very matte or long lasting, which are two essentials in a red lip for me. It cane of very easily and quickly, even if I used lip liner and/or lip stain as a base. As for the colour, it was okay. It's nice, but it's probably the last red in my collection that I'd reach for as I don't think it's the most complimentary to my skin tone. I don't think I'll repurchase, but I do think I'll keep it in case of emergencies.

on 1/8/2015 4:00:00 PM

Stoplight Red is a perfect true red, which I love because blue-tone reds look awful with my complexion and I personally don't find yellow-tone reds to be that exciting. This one is a bit creamier and less matte than the other shades in the line, but I find that it has a great finish (not too shiny) and is honestly just a flawless shade. It also stays on for hours, does not feather (even when I don't use a liner), and simply looks fantastic. I thought I was resigned to darker reds for the rest of my life but this is a great power shade to have, and for $1.78 (including tax) it was a steal. I highly recommend trying this out!

on 11/25/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So this was a bit disappointing...Waay to glossy for my liking... It isn't as matte as the other lipsticks from their line. I'm still looking for a blue tone lipstick that can top my Jordana Rouge lipstick!!!

I have finally found the perfect true red color for my complexion! I can't believe I've waited so long to buy this considering its only $2. It's just a beautiful true red color; not too warm or cool. The formula is excellent too because it's matte without being too drying. I paired this with rimmel red diva lip liner and I was super impressed. Finally a red that doesn't look to harsh or clown like on me. I think the staying power on this is excellent too but of course with most lipsticks you'll need a retouch if you eat or drink anything. I don't wear red lips very often but on the occasion I do this will be what I wear. I've tried several other reds but none have worked as well as this, either because of the color or the formula. I highly recommend this especially with the rimmel liner, which I will do a separate review on. Its a near perfect match for this color.

Recommended for Medium Skin