Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

4.4

on 4/12/2015 2:14:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

i just wore this for the first time yesterday and I really like it! it was a little brighter than I was expecting but as a lot of others are saying, this is a very true red that I think would work on a variety of skin tones. and as an added bonus, it made the green in my eyes really pop~

pros: lasted several hours w minor touchups, no feathering w/o liner. seriously ridiculous longevity, great color

cons: not really matte at all, will come off if you eat/drink/touch your lips (but doesn't affect the color much), crap packaging

would buy again for sure!

on 2/28/2015 4:35:00 PM

The packaging is cheap, but so is the price. The lid doesn't come off or anything, so I don't have a problem with the tube. The product itself comes off very pigmented, but it does smudge if you're not careful. It is less matte than another red I have from WnW, but it still looks good.

I would possibly repurchase, but I don't know how much I like it on my face yet.

on 1/21/2015 9:39:00 PM

This lipstick is a lovely bright red colour that I have been looking for in a lip product for ages, but I won't be repurchasing solely due to personal preference. It's less matte than the other Wet 'n' Wild Megalast colours. As a result the staying power wasn't amazing - but by no means bad - and it looked a little too glossy for my liking as I do prefer a hard matte lipstick.

on 1/8/2015 4:00:00 PM

Stoplight Red is a perfect true red, which I love because blue-tone reds look awful with my complexion and I personally don't find yellow-tone reds to be that exciting. This one is a bit creamier and less matte than the other shades in the line, but I find that it has a great finish (not too shiny) and is honestly just a flawless shade. It also stays on for hours, does not feather (even when I don't use a liner), and simply looks fantastic. I thought I was resigned to darker reds for the rest of my life but this is a great power shade to have, and for $1.78 (including tax) it was a steal. I highly recommend trying this out!

on 11/25/2014 8:22:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

So this was a bit disappointing...Waay to glossy for my liking... It isn't as matte as the other lipsticks from their line. I'm still looking for a blue tone lipstick that can top my Jordana Rouge lipstick!!!

I have finally found the perfect true red color for my complexion! I can't believe I've waited so long to buy this considering its only $2. It's just a beautiful true red color; not too warm or cool. The formula is excellent too because it's matte without being too drying. I paired this with rimmel red diva lip liner and I was super impressed. Finally a red that doesn't look to harsh or clown like on me. I think the staying power on this is excellent too but of course with most lipsticks you'll need a retouch if you eat or drink anything. I don't wear red lips very often but on the occasion I do this will be what I wear. I've tried several other reds but none have worked as well as this, either because of the color or the formula. I highly recommend this especially with the rimmel liner, which I will do a separate review on. Its a near perfect match for this color.

on 8/30/2014 9:16:00 PM

I really love love love this lipstick, it's the perfect red in my opinion, it's very long lasting! The packaging is cheap that's the only 👎 but who cares i'll definitely repurchase this again and i advice those who haven't tried it to try it 👏

on 8/29/2014 6:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

The great thing about bright red lipsticks is that one can find a very good one, even at the drugstore, and look very good for less money than it might take to find the perfect beige, pink, or coral lipstick. That is certainly the case with this WnW lipstick. I own 2 others from this line which are deplorable--Wine Room and Just Peachy. This one somehow goes on better and remains pretty throughout the day. When it fades it looks like a pinky-red even stain...it actually looks like pinkish lipstick, and needs just a slick of balm beneath it.

I like it because I can modify the base red colour with a medium-bronze lipliner (dollar store! V pigmented n smooth though) to make it softer, or a plum blended inward to make the red pop, or a gloss, or a sheer lipstick--the red doesn't migrate like most lipsticks. I like how brightening and poppy it is. It doesn't get distorted after coffee, which is great.

A good everyday red for those who like brights and don't mind using a lip balm once or twice a day.

on 8/17/2014 5:04:00 AM

I can't believe how fabulous this lipstick is for so inexpensive!!! I was looking to upgrade my makeup for some upcoming photo shoots. Little did I know that I could upgrade and spend less money! Stoplight Red is sexy and great for photos!

on 8/13/2014 8:33:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

It is such a strikingly beautiful red color. I absolutely love it.

Popular Lipsticks