Wet 'n' Wild Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

4.3

This lipstick is a fantastic color when first applied. Its straight up in your face red, and it is a tad blue based so it even whitens the look of your teeth. The formula is more moisturizing than others in this line. Even so, it has very little slip and stays in place great.

That being said, this color begins to fade in about an hour. It fades very evenly to a more and more pink based red. This color wasn't horrible on me, but it was not at all the right red that first applies, so that definitely detracts. Also, it never really stops transferring, despite its even fade. It will always stain on a glass at any point. Peck someone on the lips and try to contain your laughter when their lips are now pink too.

I have a very mixed opinion of this as a result. Its a fantastic, beautiful red that feels great on the lips, but it fades to fuschia very quickly and is not at all transfer proof. I give it a three since it was only $4 Canadian and the initial effect is promising. Not the worst the drugstore has but certainly not the best.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Pros:
- So much pigment it's frightening.
- True red.
- Comfortable and easy to manage formula (no feathering.)

Cons:
- Packaging. Lid never stays on!
- Does fade to pink.

I own two red lipsticks besides this one: Pretty Amazing Lipcolor in Strength and Lip Tar OCC in NSFW. I'm not usually a big fan of red, they tend to pull too blue or too orange on me and appear oddly dark. I've never met a "true" red until now. This is a super bright, primary red. It practically glows on my skin and makes my lips look slightly unreal. The mostly matte formula (they have a tiny bit of sheen to them) sort of erases the natural contour of my lips and all you see is the perfectly painted lip shape. If you're into overdrawing your lips this will definitely help you do that. And it's really opaque like, really, really opaque. Like it looks like Photoshop in the mirror it's so saturated. If my camera can capture it I may upload another photo here.

Okay so the color is amazing, but what I really like is that it's the least high maintenance red I have ever used. I don't count those transfer proof liquids, they are too rough on my lips. The lip tar color is so liquid that it feathers without lip liner, and since I can't feel it on I'm always terrified that it's gone traveling without me knowing. The Bare Minerals Pretty Amazing formula is thicker, moisturizing, and very comfortable but it's a little too goopy than I like for a color this bold. It's harder to control on application and I worry that it's going to stick to my hair and transfer. Stoplight, in my opinion, is the perfect mix between comfortable and wearable and it does not feather at all.

The major issue I have with it is the stupid lid. It comes off at the slightest provocation so I have to tape it on. Second, it doesn't fade as red. After enough comes off you start to see the blue in it, which makes the resulting color more and more pink. It does stain your lips and I feel like I can get pretty decent wear out of this, but it does need to be touched up after food or drink.

I really want to like this lipstick. Really I do.

I swear - this isn't a Ruby Woo dupe as most reviews claim. Probably close perhaps.

Stoplight Red is a gorgeous blue-based red at first swipe. Bright and elegant. Lovely color, lovely texture - very smooth on lips. I love the way it brightens my face and whitens my teeth.

I can forgive the generic Wet and Wild packaging issue. But the fact that this red turns pink on me after two hours? Oh no. Apparently, some ladies don't experience this color transition... maybe it's because of my skintone or some ingredient reacting with skin pH. I don't know. But I want a red lipstick that stays red even after fading. I didn't have issues like this with my Revlon Certainly Red & Mac Russian Red.

Maybe I really should try Ruby Woo, if only not for its dreadful retro matte finish, I wouldn't have settled for this one.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

If you're afraid to wear red then Stoplight Red is not the one for you! This is a really bold, true red. I LOVE IT!!! This lipstick is very opaque and very creamy, not drying at all. It does have somewhat of a gloss to it. The only thing I don't like about this lipstick is that I wish it were more matte, but the color and coverage makes up for that. This red would be bold on just about any skin tone, so I don't think it's a matter of skin tone but confidence level to wear a bold red. This red is definitely eye-catching. I don't recommend wearing this one to church.

Well.. WnW Megalast Stoplight Red is my very first red lipstick I've ever owned.
I'm quite impressive with its great coverage on my lips except the pinkish hint on my lips. I was expecting it will give me the red bcolour as everyone described on the site and just like the stick.
Anyway I bought 3 shades, Stoplight Red, Just Peachy, and Pinkerbell. At first I kinda dissapointed with this megalast lippie because it dries the heck of my lips :(((((((((
But surprisingly Stoplight Red doesnt dry on my lips, but the other shade I bought, Just Peachy is very suck, it doesnt blend at all in my lips, makes my lips look chapped and ends become flakes. It's so awful.
Also, I dont like how it smells like acids/chemical, the poor packaging, and also the chalk-look-alike at its stick. (I'm not sure how to describe the 2 long lines on the stick) it makes the product looks creepy, especially when I saw it made of China. I thought the this WnW that I bought from an online shop was fake product, so I was going to complain to the seller. But, well to be honest although Stoplight Red is not as my expectation due to its pinkish hint on mine, I still love its colour because still looks good on my fair skin tone. Anyway, I'm still looking for the Red lippen..

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Another pleasant surprise from WnW! This brand has many gems!
Stoplight Red is a bright, almost neon red. It turns heads! My friend told me it looks 'hot'.
Not for wallflowers.

Color pay off is amazing, one swipe gives opaque coverage. Lasting power is the same as an average lipstick. The tube doesn't completely protect the lipstick, so excercise extra caution (which I already do anyway, with how bold this color is). No scent whatsoever.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I hate to be the lone dissenter...this makes me look cheap slightly trashy not that retro glam look I was going for trying to channel Elizabeth Taylor or 50s glam pin up & this does not (for me) fit the bill. The packaging is not portable gotta be super careful if u put this in ur purse. Try a Baggie. I like this but I'm just not in lurve + nudes are my thing more. If I'm doing red it's a browned down red like Clinique Angel Red. It was a GWP (the Clinique not the wnw lol), I'm not enough into colors like this to buy the real deal so if I want a bright red this is suitable but I go for brownish reds coz bright reds like this tend to turn Fuschia or raspberry on me ESP cool toned reds + I'm very warm toned. I love how wnw is cruelty free & I don't have to break the bank to buy this. It allows me to experiment & I own all of the wnw mega last matte lipsticks n it's fun to experiment at these prices. All in all still a decent buy & I like it if I'm feeling costumey or a bit wild. :)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Not a bad formula but this was bright pink on me. I tried 3 separate times but each time I didn't get anything close to the shade of the bullet. Weird.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Beautiful red color; packaging was fine. However, I'm getting tired of companies using "long-lasting" and derivatives thereof to describe lipsticks that may be long lasting compared to ones that have the consistency of colored Vaseline (ie, moisturizing formulas and lipgloss), but otherwise come right off like any other lipstick. It seems like the only way to get a true long-lasting lipstick a la Colorstay or Superstay is to look for the text blaring "16-HOUR WEAR" or "24-HOUR WEAR" or whatever on the makeup display. Unfortunately, while the above-mentioned brands do work, the texture is not necessarily the best. One I've become fond of recently, however, is Kiko Double Touch.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

Awesome colour and an awesome name for a color shade, it's matte and confortable, doesn't feel like I'm wearing lipstick, reasonable price. I also own the shades cinnamon spice brown-purple-y colour. They both go with anything I wear........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Recommended for Medium Skin