July 29, 2014 | 1168 users online

Lipstick - Wet 'n' Wild - Megalast Lipstick Stoplight Red

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2014 10:04:00 PM More reviews by evilripley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Lovely color, but it is nowhere near ruby woo... as far as color AND texture. If you don't like ruby woo's dry texture (which I love), I guess you will like this... I also didn't find it that pigmented. It's curious because I bought six shades and this is the one I thought I would prefer, and it's actually the one I'm most disappointed with. AND it smudges. The packaging doesn't bother me. I have a little case with a mirror just for lipstick which I use everyday.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2014 2:56:00 PM More reviews by taurusdragonfly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favorite reds. It might be my #1. Bold and bright but not clownish on my deep brown complexion -- even without a lip liner. For a couple dollars, this keeps me off the Ruby Woo bandwagon everyone else is on. Like the rest of the megalasts, this goes on creamy and dries down semi matte. Lasts a long time and doesn't dry my lips out. Worth a try!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/27/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by pickmepinup

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Stoplight Red is definitely a very bright, blue-toned red, though not quite as deep and bold as I usually look for in my louder lipsticks. Really heavily pigmented, though I've seen only minimal staining/smudging. Matte finish is creamy rather than powdery and glides on smoothly with no considerable feathering/creeping.

I have very, very pale skin, so this shows up a bit harshly against how white my skin is. In day-light, the blue and slight magenta hue is most noticeable. Bright blue seems to bring the paler tones of my skin out more, which tends to make me look a bit pasty. I noticed myself appreciating this red most often at night-time in artificial lighting, oddly enough, though tan or darker skin may be more flattered than pure white.

I'm not entirely sold on the packaging, seeing as the cap is a tad loose and the lipstick fits too close to the top of the cap(which makes me nervous that an accidental bump in my purse might squish the top of the lipstick.) Very basic and no-nonsense, other than that, and I know I always do appreciate see-through caps.

I keep this as the blue-toned red on my three go-to reds that I switch between depending on what I'm wearing, so I still do reach for this quite often. Rimmel's Lasting Finish Matte #111 is my orange red and Nyx Perfect Red is my favorite and the ultimate true-red. If you're looking for a cooler-toned red, this one might be for you.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a bright, blue toned red with a slight pink undertone, and a creamy matte finish. It reminds me of a mix between MAC's Ruby Woo, and MAC Red. I love to wear red lipstick, and this is truly a gorgeous, good quality lipstick. However, the packaging is horrendous! Do not purchase unless you are putting it into a custom lipstick palette. The first time I used it I put it on, and then put it in my purse for touch ups later on. When I went to get it out of my purse the lid had fallen off and the lipstick had gotten EVERYWHERE! It was impossible to remove, so I had to just throw away that purse. :( Overall, it is a pretty lipstick, but because of the cheap packaging I will never buy another WnW lipstick. You get what you pay for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 5:30:00 PM More reviews by Ferrishyn

Oh my, I am VERY picky about reds because I am very light and cool-toned. I bought this awhile ago and for whatever reason never used it. I used it for Christmas Day and wow. I have never received so many compliment on the color before. Very rich red and cool-neutral red. It NEVER turned fuchsia on me or any weird shade of pink. It stayed a true red all day, i am not kidding, all day. I ate and drank and it faded a little but stayed there.

I asked on here for Christmas red suggestions and I got this and a few others. I picked this because I already had it. THANKS so much for the suggestions, it came out gorgeous. It is a matte formula, but not super matte, was more of a semi-matte. Very creamy and didn't dry me out.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/17/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by bixby2

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

BUY IT! This is a flattering, non-drying, no-muss slightly cool-toned universal red. Low price and a great product. I have worn a nude lip for years and wanted to try red without shelling out the $ for a MAC lipstick. I use lip balm + Laura Geller's lip spackle underneath as I have highly pigmented lips. I'm impressed! Plus, you cannot go wrong with the price - I found it for $2! WILL REPURCHASE!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Sgoosie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm in luv with this lipstick and I was wearing it in sephora every lady in the store asked me about it and when I told them it was wet and wild they flipped any hoo I swatched nars dragon girl same color ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2013 7:47:00 AM More reviews by GreatReviews

Its a gorgeous red! Glides on so smoothly and is incredibly pigmented! Just WOW!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/3/2013 4:19:00 PM More reviews by FloweryCheese

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

An excellent red for my NC44 skin. Perfect for a dramatic red lip and can be blotted down to a stain and topped with a gloss for a more subtle look. Lasts fairly long without being horribly drying like Revlon Colorstay.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Bellasima

I was visiting my mom for her birthday, SO was flying in and *GASP* I'd forgotten to pack a red lipstick! I ran to Walgreens, grabbed the first decent looking red I saw and ran home to get ready for SO's arrival. (I love to get gussied up for him, even though we live together.)

To my extreme surprise, this lipstick is GORGEOUS! A true red, does not creep, wore all night through dinner, drinks, and a few hours dancing. It will smudge if you kiss, but so what?! I love the color and have been searing, seemingly, in vain for the 'perfect red', as I think we all do. No need for me to keep searching, here it is and it's $1.99! I will not be spending big bucks on red lipstick as long as Wet 'n' Wild keeps making this!