October 1, 2014 | 1122 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbelized Shadow in Mocha Mirage

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/12/2014 3:27:00 PM More reviews by VegetaFanGirl

Before I begin a review, THESE DUOS ARE BEST USED WET!! Thank you, MUAers, for saving this duo from a terrible review!
I accidentally bought two of this same quad in two separate trips to the drugstore (whoops). Mocha Mirage's two colors are a warm, satiny, medium golden-brown, and a marbleized medley of light, frosty pinks. The colors themselves are not bad, but I do not love the combination of the two; they are extremely specific, and don't exactly go with everything.
The performance of these shadows is interesting; when I first tried these dry, they would come off very crumbly and uncomfortably sheer- very disappointing. I read here on MUA one day that these could be used wet as well as dry, and, wow, what a difference! The payoff was true to the colors in the container, and looked so much more polished and pigmented.
Unfortunately, these are not very blendable; they either sheer out or do not blend at all.
The texture of this eyeshadow depends on how you use it; using it dry, it is crumbly with a lot of fallout; using it wet, it behaves much more like a cream eyeshadow. Either way, the finish is satiny. As for staying power, it does well with a good primer.
It's decently priced; $7 for each, and you get a very good amount of product. Overall, I like the quality of this eyeshadow, but I have to mark it down because of the extremely specific color combination, so I'm not repurchasing another one of these. Still, I'd recommend this line, since the quality is good.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the Carbon Frost Color, would definitely buy it again. Great price and a great color you can do it in a smoky-type eye or a mixed shade I love how this color always keeps you guessing on whether it's a nude, a pink or a purple I love it! Definitely worth the money spent!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

This product is okay--I don't like it enough to repurchase, however. Pink and browns are usually my color but the pink in this eyeshadow is just too damn sparkly for my taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by semisilence

This product has a lot of sparkles, especially the pink half. It's messy, too sparkly, and is possibly the most unnatural shades of pale pink I could wear. The brown side is marginally better, though too brightly toned for my taste. There is no point in wearing nudes if they have all the sparkles of a vampire on acid.
The packaging is nice looking, but the convex nature of the powder is a failure of industrial design.
Overall, no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, color me surprised. Reviews of these new Maybelline shadows are so mixed. I fully expected to be disappointed by this baked shadow in Mocha Mirage. I haven't had great experiences with Maybelline shadow in the past. I've found them un-pigmented, chalky, and difficult to work with. I'm happy to say that Maybelline has really stepped up their game. This particular shadow is wonderful and has me wanting to buy some other Color Pearls.

This shadow is really surprisingly pigmented and soft, buttery, and easy to work with. The left shade is a lovely coppery, bronzey kind of shade. Nice for the crease. The right shade, when swirled all together, comes out a very nice pinkish nude color, great for the lid. The 2 colors look great together. It makes for a lovely work-appropriate, neutral eye.

I'm beyond pleased! Try to buy these on sale or BOGO, because in my opinion they're a little expensive for drugstore shadow. But if you've been looking for some new thrills in the eyeshadow department, the Color Pearls might be just the ticket!