April 20, 2014 | 1513 users online

Eye Shadow - Maybelline - Eye Studio Color Pearls Marbelized Shadow in Mocha Mirage

rated 5 of 5 on 10/22/2012 3:17:00 PM More reviews by MakeupFreak93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

LOVE the Carbon Frost Color, would definitely buy it again. Great price and a great color you can do it in a smoky-type eye or a mixed shade I love how this color always keeps you guessing on whether it's a nude, a pink or a purple I love it! Definitely worth the money spent!!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/20/2011 10:19:00 AM More reviews by crystalnoir

This product is okay--I don't like it enough to repurchase, however. Pink and browns are usually my color but the pink in this eyeshadow is just too damn sparkly for my taste.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/20/2011 5:09:00 PM More reviews by semisilence

This product has a lot of sparkles, especially the pink half. It's messy, too sparkly, and is possibly the most unnatural shades of pale pink I could wear. The brown side is marginally better, though too brightly toned for my taste. There is no point in wearing nudes if they have all the sparkles of a vampire on acid.
The packaging is nice looking, but the convex nature of the powder is a failure of industrial design.
Overall, no.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2010 10:53:00 AM More reviews by dulcetpurr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Well, color me surprised. Reviews of these new Maybelline shadows are so mixed. I fully expected to be disappointed by this baked shadow in Mocha Mirage. I haven't had great experiences with Maybelline shadow in the past. I've found them un-pigmented, chalky, and difficult to work with. I'm happy to say that Maybelline has really stepped up their game. This particular shadow is wonderful and has me wanting to buy some other Color Pearls.

This shadow is really surprisingly pigmented and soft, buttery, and easy to work with. The left shade is a lovely coppery, bronzey kind of shade. Nice for the crease. The right shade, when swirled all together, comes out a very nice pinkish nude color, great for the lid. The 2 colors look great together. It makes for a lovely work-appropriate, neutral eye.

I'm beyond pleased! Try to buy these on sale or BOGO, because in my opinion they're a little expensive for drugstore shadow. But if you've been looking for some new thrills in the eyeshadow department, the Color Pearls might be just the ticket!