December 21, 2014 | 1896 users online

Cleansers - Neutrogena - Acne Stress Control Night Cleansing Pads

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2014 10:53:00 PM More reviews by eritreanempress

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Black

I really like these pads. They are VERY strongly scented, but I don't mind it all because it smells like a heavenly shampoo. They've been pretty effective at keeping my acne at bay and clearing up what I have. I wouldn't recommend this product to anyone with sensitive skin because of it's scent and high alcohol content.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/23/2013 7:24:00 PM More reviews by icarle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm lazy at night: 50% of the time I fall asleep in front of a film with my makeup on. Very bad for a breakout-prone skin like mine!!
So the other day at CVS I was looking for towelettes or pads, and these were on sale. I used Neutrogena on my acne when I was a teen and I got good results. I am 29 now and my acne is mostly hormonal...Or due to bad skin habits and/or stress.
The pads are very thin, they smell very strongly (alcohol mostly) and rubbing a pad on your face is not the best feeling. You DO want to remove makeup beforehand, especially if -like me- you're wearing a primer, a foundation and a powder...
At first it leaves a residue but it quickly dries. I didn't find the pads to be too drying (but i have very oily skin) Less than a regular cleanser with water...
After a week, my skin has cleared a bit, nothing too dramatic but it helped. I wouldn't say it's my HG, but it's handy. So I would say 3 lippies is fair...

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2011 7:46:00 PM More reviews by jacton1985

Might want to remove makeup before using the pads - they don't get everything off and seem to leave a residue on my skin. Still have breakouts with these which is disappointing. It's better to use these instead of sleeping with makeup on, but you're better off with good ole soap and water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2011 7:35:00 PM More reviews by Vindicatedxzee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I usually have pretty clear skin, I would get just the occasional white head/pimple every now and then, nothing too severe. But ever since I went into the sauna twice at the gym, my forehead has been acne central! I would get breakouts all the time, almost every morning I would wake up to a new blemish. It seriously took a huge toll on my self-esteem as I never had such a serious problem with acne my whole life, and now I'm about to turn 20, I've passed my teen years when your hormones are the craziest.

Anyways, I started using these pads around twice a day, once in the morning, once at night before bed after cleasning. And so far (knock on wood) I think these have been helping reduce the amount of blemishes I kept getting, I sometimes notice if I put this on a blemish that hasn't fully formed, it goes away faster.

HOWEVER, this product CAN be extremely drying to your skin, but just make sure to moisturize afterwards depending on your skin type. I've also notice some redness on my skin after the pimples go away, but I'm hoping using some aloe vera gel will help that!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2011 7:32:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I wash my face twice a day, and when I use these pads I'm amazed at how much dirt it on them after I swipe. I keep the jar in my nightstand and swipe just before I sleep. They really control the oil, too. If you have sensitive skin you probably shouldn't use these.

I only wish the pads were thicker.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2010 1:45:00 AM More reviews by jennyag11

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using these night cleansing pads for a little over a month and they have become a STAPLE in my nighttime, cleansing, acne-prevention routine! I have oily (even now in winter), moderately acne-prone skin and I use these every night...a warning, they are REALLY strong but even so, I think they would be okay for daily use for dry skin--my skin feels dewey afterward and sometimes I don't even bother with moisturizer. This isn't to say these pads are moisturizing, but they are quite harsh and the label even warns that excessive drying might occur.

So after removing all my makeup (eyes and a wipe for my whole face), I wash with the cream wash of this same stress-control line, then use one pad. They're pretty small, but they pack a lot of the product so I sort of squeegee each one out on the inside of the lid before using because otherwise it's basically dripping with the solution. Then I swipe it over my face several times, but with little breathing breaks because it makes my eyes water and my nostrils sting--try not to breathe in too deep lol! Then I wait a few minutes until it's all totally dry on my face, and use the Rapid Clear defense lotion all over.

In the past month I've noticed I've had MUCH less breakouts and this product has a lot to do with it. I normally break out on my forehead, sides of my face, and especially my chin, but I've barely had any zits except for the occasional, persistent stress-induced monster (these pads can't totally control the stress!). When I get pimples they are almost all stress-related (I am about to graduate college) but these pads have really kept them to a minimum. All my problem areas (acne scars, redness) have visibily reduced but that also has to do with using the Clinique 3-step system in the morning. These pads are GREAT and they have been the real difference maker in my acne, and I really recommend them if you're looking for something strongly-medicated. I'm the type of person who feels the need to use something fairly strong for an anti-acne product to make a significant difference, and this hits the nail on the head.

They're labeled for makeup removal use, but I really wouldn't do that--I think for the best effect you should have an already cleansed face and use this as a sort of toner. I'm not sure how advisable this is for sensitive skin as it is REALLY strong, but I can tell you that it definitely kicks serious acne butt. I will be repurchasing again and again!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2010 7:20:00 AM More reviews by Vac513

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't believe no one has reviewed these gems yet. I should preface this review by saying that I have extremely fair combination skin that can be VERY picky. A lot of products either dry me out excessively, or just don't seem to be very effective. Neutrogena's Acne Stress Control Night Cleansing Pads do neither of these things. For reference, I purchase mine for around $7.00 at Wal-Mart.

I started using these pads a little over a month ago now, and they are really quite fabulous. I don't use them every night - they are pretty strong, and I think that would cause peeling. I use them about every other night instead, and perhaps a little less when my face feels dry. As a disclaimer, I do NOT use these to remove makeup like the package indicates you can do - I would never expect a wipe to get it all off. Instead, if I am wearing makeup (which I hardly do anymore because my skin is so much better!), I take it off with a gentle cleanser and then allow my face to dry and wipe it down with these. I would NOT recommend using these to remove eye makeup.

Anyway, the real benefit in these babies is their great BHA formulation. It has done a FABULOUS job of clearing out my pores, and in conjunction with PanOxyl cleanser every other day, I am 100% acne FREE. I used to have lots of little flesh-colored bumps all over my forehead, and those are just GONE now. My skin looks better than it has in years.

In case you are curious, I use Cerave PM as my moisturizer, which I also think has really contributed to my great results. The niacinamide in it seems to really calm and improve my skin texture and tone. So what I will do is wipe my face down with one of these pads, then wait 30 - 45 minutes, then rinse my face and apply a dab of moisturizer. Works like a charm.

Oh, and one more thing: I also tried the Neutrogena Acne Stress Control Hydrating Treatment a while back and that did NOT work for me. In fact, I think it made my clogged pores worse. So if that didn't work for you, this one may be a much better alternative.