November 23, 2014 | 1018 users online

Eyes - Make Up For Ever - Aqua Cream 13

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2014 3:00:00 AM More reviews by billierosetyler

Background: I have had this product since January and I have used it a couple of times a week since then. I either apply it all over the lid and then contour using powder shadows, or I use it to brighten up the lower waterline.

How I apply it:
* Lid: Using my index finger.
* Waterline: With a brush.

PROS:
* Lovely colour, suits my skin tone (NC15).
* Does not crease, fade or smudge throughout the day.
* Not too shimmery, definitely wearable in the daytime.

CONS:
* Dries very quickly. If applying it on the lid, it's necessary to work very quickly.
* Expensive (I think I paid SGD $40 at Sephora from memory).

Tips: To prevent it from drying out while I am applying the product, I unscrew the lid of the pot, swipe some of the product onto my finger/brush, and then place the pot face-down on the basin. This is what the girl at the MUFE counter in Sephora advised me to do.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/2/2014 1:37:00 AM More reviews by SanFranGirl

Generally speaking about this product - I have quite mixed feelings.

Texture: I find texture to be a little sheer and prefer to apply it with my fingers, or for a darker color, with a synthetic brush to pick up more product.
Application: What I don't like is that I find this product to clump and crease easily during application itself. It is a waterproof product so you have to blend it out extra fast, however, sometimes it ends up looking clumpy and I don't favor that look.
Smell: I have no idea whether it is me, but both of my Aqua Creams smell funky. I can bear with it, but I prefer to have no scent at all to my eye makeup.
Result: When blended fast and applied sheer (if you build this product up it will crease crazily) it looks quite fine and the darkest color I tend to wear on its own, because when you apply extra layer of powder eyeshadows on top - it flakes and leaves dark spots all around the face.

Conclusion: this is not the worst eye-makeup product, however for the price I paid, I would expect it to build up smoother, don't fall out and never clump. I can't blame it on the age of my Aqua Creams, they have been like that since the first day and first application.
When I run out of mine (or they dry out themselves) I won't be purchasing any more, because the Mac Paint Pots (that are cheaper) wear so much more beautifully and never get chunky.

For more in-depth reviews on other great beauty/makeup products head here: http://theppb.wix.com/thepartyparrotblog

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2013 11:33:00 PM More reviews by WetnWavy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Yes the application is tricky. It does go on cakey and clumpy but building application with more coats solves this. The color was vibrant and lasted me about 12 hours through clubbing/dancing and sleeping it off the next morning (TERRIBLE I KNOW). I bought one color and will be purchasing more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 9:35:00 PM More reviews by starrysim

I guess I'm in the minority, but I didn't like this product. It applies very patchy and is hard to blend. I have a Shiseido Hydro Powder eyeshadow in a very similar shade, and that one is a dream to work with. Very disappointed, and would not try any more Aqua Creams after this.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2012 3:38:00 PM More reviews by mec

I LOVE all the aqua creams I have tried from MUFE. They are my favorite for using as a base then I layer a powder shadow over them and the result is amazing! If you use a similar shade of powder shadow over it then the result will just be a more intense color. If you use a deeper aqua cream color then layer a lighter shade of shadow over it, it is simply beautiful as the darker color comes through a little with the top color keeping it mellow. I use these every day! Staying power is great too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:27:00 PM More reviews by itskirby

I really like this cream shadow. It looks really uneven applied with a brush on the eyelid, but with a finger it is an easy one product eye look for me. The packaging is a bit cheap looking for the price of the product however.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/19/2012 5:31:00 PM More reviews by Nancygia

I almost didn't write a review on this because the other negative reviews say it all. This eyeshadow is hideous. The first time I tried it, I was positively mortified, because I really didn't have enough time to start my makeup over, even though I really wanted to. I was finally able to make it look a little bit better with very matte powder shadow. I had used primer (I believe I used too faced shadow insurance) as well as MAC painterly before the first application so the second time, I just used the SI, and the application was less even but still looked horrible. I would say that even if you have absolutely perfectly smooth eyelids, this is ugly and isn't worth trying.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/30/2012 12:11:00 PM More reviews by HoneyBoom

I really wanted to like this because I generally love all things MUFE, but uggggh! I had the same experience as previous users- the application is uneven & chunky (I tried it with Too Faced SI and without), it dries way too fast, and worst of all- creates wrinkles and crepey-ness on my eye. I'm 31, so my lids aren't baby smooth anymore, but this product not only highlights that fact, it actually dries and pulls on the skin to create more wrinkles. I'm returning these. ASAP.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/13/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by quidproquo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

Colour: Light beige shimmer. Application is ridiculous; I tried using both my ring finger and a cream eyeshadow brush to apply and it dries almost immediately! You literally have to have it on your finger/brush and blended on your eye within 10 seconds. Otherwise it dries looking smudged and uneven. Too much work, and not worth the money.

Packaging is flimsy to! MUFE aqua creams come filled in a plastic jar that feels pretty damn cheap and I'm sure it contributes to the product feeling so dry. With brands like Benefit and Mac dumping their product into pretty glass jars, why would someone waste their money on cheap packaging?

I returned it to Sephora!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2011 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Miphin

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this aqua cream with a set for Christmas, and I really like it. It takes a bit of work to get it to go on evenly, but once you've worked it out, its a nice enough shade on its own to walk out the door with alone. I've worn it to work and to parties and I think its gone over well. I do generally use it over primed lids (my lids are oily so I use NARS eyeshadow primer - UDPP does not work for me), and it seems to last.

Will update if it doesn't end up working out for me.