January 27, 2015 | 1365 users online

Mascara - Chanel - Inimitable Intense Mascara

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2015 2:36:00 PM More reviews by Katiefaith

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

Words can not express how much I love this product! No other mascara I've used in the past compares to this! I get the most voluminous, long lashes ever. There's no clumping or flaking, it's just beautiful. I have repurchased this product many times. Yes it's a little on the expensive side but worth every single penny.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/11/2015 1:50:00 PM More reviews by Geerat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

I love this mascara, its hand down one of the best ones i've ever used!
This & lancomes hypnose are my two all time favourites!
It is a little pricey at £25 and i definitely do agree with everyone saying it dries out after about a month which is disheartening as its so good, but very expensive for something that does dry out far too quickly!

But its just too damn good! I keep going back to it! You need the amallest amount of product for it to be effective! Its the best out of all of the other chanel mascaras, doesnt clump, really, seperates, volumizes, lengthens and darkens the lashes.
It Doesnt leave any black marks under your eyes or on your eyelids after a long day!

You would not regret trying this mascara its quite hard to put into words how good it actually is!

If you know you know;)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by Jessica24601

I love that I receive separation yet volume & drama @ the same time on my paticular lashes. This is however actually the 1st Chanel mascara Ive ever tried, so I cannot compare it to others but do like what it does for my lengthy yet puny lashes...Really plumps them up after only 2 coats. I also like that it's easy to remove with my Neutrogena make-up wipes. I ve only had it for a few days & do hope it lasts 3 full months tho...(as I ve read some of the previous reviews state theirs lasted a month...I guess time will tell...

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2014 5:28:00 AM More reviews by JAL1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my favourite mascara, I have used others from MaxFactor, MAC but keep coming back to this one. The applicator keeps my lashes nicely separated. If I want my lashes quite natural I only apply a layer or so, and for more dramatic looks I'll put on a bit more and sometimes even use Maybellines colossal volume over it. So for lots of volume you'll need to layer a bit, but it gives me perfectly separated lashes.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/21/2014 10:25:00 PM More reviews by Coconoir2012

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Best mascara ever! I love having the option of doing a natural or a more dramatic lash look. My favorite color is the purple. It's soft and brings out the gold flecks in my pupils. It's also really easy to remove at the end of the day.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2014 9:29:00 PM More reviews by kathfitz

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Lovely mascara. The amazing thing about this is that it does not flake on me, at all. Most mascaras flake off by the end of the day. Not only does this not flake, but when I go to bed, my lashes look as good as they did after I first apply the mascara in the morning. It holds the curl all day.

It does smudge a little, but not enough to make me look like a raccoon. I'm disappointed by all of the reviews that say this dries out quickly. I hate to have to buy this every month but if I have to I will.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2014 8:02:00 PM More reviews by AprilShowas123

I like the original inimitable better. This is only a slightly thicker, darker formula and can be Camry if you don't use a brush on your eyelashes. I guess that "the look" in magazines/runway/high fashion at times; but for the everyday woman I prefer to use regular inimitable (non waterproof) in black.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/7/2014 4:14:00 PM More reviews by dierregi

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is my second favorite mascara after Definicil by Lancôme. It comes in a nice container, the wand is small and manageable, the color intense, the consistence right (not too thick, not too clumpy).

The only reason why I would rather buy Definicil is because the results are similar, and Definicil is a bit cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2014 2:04:00 PM More reviews by prettyinpinkgloss

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I don't usually buy high end mascaras, drugstore dupes have always worked just as good for me in the past. However, all my favourite drugstore mascaras have been discontinued here in Canada, CG Lash Exact, CG Volume Exact & CG Lash Perfection. My favourite high end mascara has been discontinued too, Hourglass Superficial Lash. After watching youtube mascara reviews and reading reviews here on MUA I decided the closest thing to my liking would be the Chanel Inimitable or the Inimitable Intense. After seeing both at the Chanel counter I knew my choice would be the Intense in black. Well, I've used mascaras from just about every drugstore and every high end brand and this is hands down the best mascara I have ever used. It has the perfect small brush, I don't have a lot of lid space so those enormous brushes do not work for me. This brush is perfection, it's small and has small spiky plastic bristles, like most mascaras on the market right now. I curl my lashes, get right down to the root and start applying. Because of the small brush size, pretty much the same as the brush size of the CG Lash Exact, I don't get any smudging on my eyelid. It gives me great length and separation on the first coat and even more length on the second, along with volume and definition. The formula is my ideal, a little on the drier side so it holds a curl perfectly and it builds beautifully without any clumping. I'm not so pleased about the cost, almost $ 42.00 Canadian after tax but eyebrow pencil and mascara are the only makeup products I use besides lip products. Therefore I don't feel too bad for this splurge. It washes off easily with just soap and water too. I have found a new Holy Grail mascara, pricey but worth it.

EDIT: This is the most incredible mascara I have ever used and I plan on buying two backups very soon !

rated 3 of 5 on 6/4/2014 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ellen1159

Expensive for something that runs out/dries up after only a month. Goes on nicely, does make my short, thin, sparse lashes look like something, but I can do better than $30 for only a month's worth. Kevyn Aucoin's is better.