October 30, 2014 | 1326 users online

Makeup Brushes - E.L.F. - Studio Line Kabuki Brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2014 8:43:00 PM More reviews by ding6556

I literally love this brush, its so soft and handy! I can easuly put it in my makeup bag without it having a long handle makes it easier for storage ect. I find this picks up the perfect amount of product when I am powdering my face without putting too much or too little. Absolutly love this! Buy it! And for the amazing price, you cannot complain!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by JordynLove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

You literally need to get up and go buy this brush right now! It's only like $6(?) I believe, completely worth the money. I've had mine for over a year now and I've had absolutely no problems with shedding, quality, anything. It's perfect! Now I keep one in my car along with MAC msf for touch ups throughout the day. LOVE IT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2014 12:51:00 PM More reviews by bellavee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I have literally nothing bad to say about this brush. It's incredibly cheap, incredibly soft, and it puts on powder evenly. I've had it for over 6 months and haven't had any problems with shedding whatsoever. I'm not a big spender when it comes to brushes, but I couldn't imagine spending anything more when you get a perfect brush like this for so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2014 6:42:00 AM More reviews by diosmar82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Grey

Man this brush is AMAZEBALLS!!!!!! Soft yet dense, applies powder products effortlessly and evenly. LOVE IT!!!!!! The only complaint I have is that the black (handle) part loses it's black color and the paint starts to chip off after a little while, but other than that, I LOVE THIS BRUSH.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/20/2014 10:41:00 PM More reviews by pcsheather

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

love this for any powder- mineral, setting, finishing...it does them all! i've had it for over a year and washed it 10+ times...keeps it's shape & never sheds.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2014 6:55:00 AM More reviews by brelig

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this brush for applying loose finishing powder. The bristles are soft, dense, easy to clean, never shed, hold up well to washing, don't lose shape...I can't possibly be more positive about this brush! Powder applies evenly without over-powdering and it blends everything out nicely for the perfect finishing touch. If you are looking for a really great kabuki brush and don't want to shell out a lot of money for it, this is a must have. Actually, even if you have more to shell out for a brush, this is still a must have. I would definitely repurchase if something ever happened to my brush.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/15/2013 10:40:00 AM More reviews by fatisfoxxy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Very soft and dries surprisingly fast after washing. I've washed it about 4 times since i bought it and total only 1-2 bristles have dropped so far. Very good quality for the cheap price! I use it with my pressed/loose powders and also my blush. Gives a nice sheer yet even coverage. Very good and affordable. BUY IT!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2013 2:15:00 PM More reviews by kikidoll27

Most E.L.F. cosmetics and brushes run you about 1, 2, or three dollars. But others, such as this brush and the high definition powder, will cost six dollars, at least at Target. This brush is colored like a reverse stippiling brush (black bottom bristles, white top bristles, if that makes any sense) and has a short black stub for a handle. I'm quite confused on where to store this because it's so cute and short and won't be tall enough for my brush cup, but is too adorable to be stuffed in my makeup drawer, so I keep it on my dresser and bask in its mini glory. The amazing thing about this brush is that you can use it for so much. I use it for blush on a daily basis, and could use it for bronzer if I wanted to (I prefer the studio blush brush for that. If you use mineral makeup, this would be amazing for that. I also want to try it with liquid foundation. I seriously love this brush, and have been so impressed with the E.L.F. studio line. I honestly can't believe this beauty is only six dollars! How does elf do it?! The one thing I don't like this for is powder--if I try to set my makeup with this, I find that it sort of smears my foundation/concealer around on my face. I do love this tough. Also, it does shed a little, but for six dollars I don't mind.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2013 3:43:00 PM More reviews by SparkleBunny37

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

ELF's Kabuki Face Brush is an "antibacterial synthetic haired taklon brush that's soft and absorbent and can be used with wet or dry products. Be a professional makeup artist and create flawless looks with this brush! Our handy and easy to use kabuki brush provides light to full coverage on your face or body to ensure a flawless finish, The compact brush is perfectly sized to allow for precise and controlled application of bronzer, powder, or highlighter on your skin". Does anyone else read ELF's descriptions in Achelle's voice? ELF's Kabuki brush is one of their more expensive products running you about $6. After being a little disappointed by Bare Esscentuals Full Coverage Kabuki and absolutely despising Wet n Wild's kabuki, I was questing for a new one. I bought this brush at Target, but ELF products can be ordered from the brand's website, and bought in store at select Walmarts, Kmarts, Big Lots, and drug and dollar stores. ELF products are cruelty free and vegan friendly. This product was made in China.
This kabuki came in a black box that I seem to have lost. The brush looks great, it's very Make Up For Ever in style. The short, round handle is made of black plastic and features the ELF logo and brush name. The handle is just the right size and is very comfortable in the hand. The brush's bristles are white with black tips, it looks pretty dang stylish. The brush head is almost perfectly round and keeps it's shape well through washings and intense buffing sessions. The density of ELF's Kabuki Face Brush is astounding. This brush must have a million bristles. It's so think and luxurious and may I add, fun to play with! A few bristles splay slightly around the perimeter, but its nothing major. I lose a bristle every one in a while during application, but ELF's kabuki sheds significantly less than the other two I've tried. ELF's Studio Kabuki Face Brush washes well, all the product comes out and it dries surprisingly fast for it's density. I didn't even mention the softness of this brush! It's great, really a joy to use.
I tend to use ELF's Kabuki Face Brush mainly for buffing on both pressed and loose powder. This bursh is also great for a light dusting of bronzer, but if you're looking to contour, you'll need something with a more concentrated head. I feel like this brush is too large for blush and highlighting powder, but that's really a matter of face shapes and personal preference. This brush head is also large enough for use on the body if you're one to apply bronzer or highlighter to your cleavage or legs or whatevs. ELF used to offer a larger version for the body, but I don't see it on the website anymore, so I'm under the impression that it's discontinued.
Finally, a kabuki brush that I can love! ELF's Studio Kabuki Face Brush is wonderful. It's so thick and dense, it keeps it's shape and barely sheds at all. This brush has multiple uses, but I most prefer it for face powder. This brush is very affordable, only $6. I'm so glad that I finally grabbed this brush. I highly recommend ELF's Studio Kabuki Face Brush, I doubt you can find a better kabuki at the drugstore, or even from a high end brand.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2012 2:04:00 AM More reviews by PurpleCupcake87

awesome kabuki brush! i use this to set my foundation and the results are perfect everytime. i leave this one at home, it sits nicely on my dresser. hasnt ever shed one hair on me and ive had it for over a month already. this line just keeps impressing me!