July 30, 2014 | 1876 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - XXL Pro Volume Microfiber Mascara

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2014 2:25:00 AM More reviews by lechickpea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Upon initial application: nice length, mediocre volume. Almost instantly however, this is SMUDGE CITY. This is an unacceptable level of smudging, smearing and flaking. I can't remember another mascara I've tried that wears as badly as this. Skip it.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2012 3:04:00 PM More reviews by 92bkd

Absolutely LOVE this mascara. I'm on my third tube. The secret to make this work is to do a really good application of primer and do NOT let the primer dry before applying step two. Overall amazing mascara! Better than benefits they're real, mac opulash or too faced lash injection. If you haven't tried it? You're missing out!

rated 1 of 5 on 7/30/2012 6:09:00 PM More reviews by Ellikun

Bought this hoping for a nice volumized look and I've always wanted to try a primer. First off, the primer was not thick enough and didn't even come off on my lashes. The regular mascara was less than disappointing. It clumped and stuck my lashes together. I was excited to try this but it was a real disappointment :(

rated 4 of 5 on 2/8/2012 5:25:00 PM More reviews by test0276

I like it!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2012 4:00:00 PM More reviews by ML81

Waste of money but then again I don't really like Maybelline Mascara.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 12:50:00 PM More reviews by singwritenow

I am so addicted to MUA and promised myself after reviewing this mascara I will stop procrastinating on what I really need to be doing! But I just couldn't wait to review this mascara because I am really surprised at how much I love it! It curls, and I mean CURLS my lashes and it's not even a curling mascara. I think the lash primer really does make my lashes look much thicker than they are and God only knows I need help with that. So this is one of my favorite new products that I have been reaching for lately and I just had to spread the word. Okay, time to get off of MUA and back to work . . .

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2012 9:50:00 PM More reviews by Cathie111

Originally I didn't care much for this because it was clumpy, but after getting a brow comb and using it to comb through my lashes, it looks great on! I'd buy it again. One tip though...let the first white layer dry a few minutes first. I think that was also a big help.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 11:04:00 PM More reviews by nlt87

I'm always trying different mascaras,seeing what's out there. I wasn't impressed with this. I saw no volume only length, it was very smudgey and I could never really make it look good it was always clumping no matter what I did.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by amyers2

What it is: Maybelline XXL volume mascara (11X the volume) --> taken from cardboard packaging.
- - -
Pros - darkens lashes. comes with lash primer. the brush makes it easier to reach each lash (inner and outer lashes, not a spoon brush).
- - -
Cons - I saw no volume in my lashes and certainly not 11x the volume. Tends to flake / smudge.
- - -
Over all - disappointing mascara. I'm so glad I got this with a gift card and didn't actually spend money on it. Basically, this mascara coats lashes and makes them darker. After about 4.5 hours of wear there was definitely some transfer from it being on my upper lashes to below my eyes. Would not re purchase because there are better mascaras around the same price.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2011 10:38:00 AM More reviews by ruthaida

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love to try different mascara's looking for my HG. This is not it. It flakes and does not create volume. The #1 side (primer) dried out so I thought the mascara would work well. It worked better alone but still flaked and did not curl my lashes at all. It caused them to straighten out. I would not recommend for the price. My hunt continues!