September 23, 2014 | 1868 users online

Fragrances - C.O. Bigelow - Green Tea Eau de Parfum

rated 2 of 5 on 1/9/2011 5:17:00 AM More reviews by Yuu

I was so excited when I saw this line at BBW because I love green tea scents, but I am sorely disappointed in the scent and can not stand how much it stinks.

I was being nagged out of the store (haha) by my shopping companion so I did not test the lotion, though I did spray the EDP onto a scent paper I got from Fruits & Passion which coincidentally, already had their Green tea EDT sprayed on it on one end. As I walked through the mall I would take the paper out to smell how each scent dried down and compare the two green tea scents.

Not long after I had sprayed the Bigelow green tea EDP it dried down to a nasty familiar scent which smells to me like bird food from the pet store. Whatever notes that still remained were completely overpowered by the "bird seed". One of my junior highschool teachers always doused himself in a cologne that smelled like this, and he was a real creeper who preyed on his female students so needless to say this makes me hate the scent even more. At the time though, I did not know if the Fruits & Passion EDT had somehow affected the smell, or whether it would smell different on my skin so I gave it another try when I was back at BBW and tested the lotion. Initially, it was ok but quickly became a bird seed smell again and I could not wait to wash it off my hand.

A couple months later I was in BBW with my sister and she tried on the green tea lotion, saying that it could not be as bad as I said it was. She put it on before we left BBW and again, not long after it started to smell bad. By the time we got home it reaked and I begged her to wash it off. Even after she washed her hand with soap we could still faintly smell it.

So I'm giving 2 lippies for the throw and how long it lasts. It was an ok green tea scent at first, though I think green tea should smell more delicate like real green tea. It's a shame that it smells so terrible in the dry down. I bought the green tea glossy lip balm from same line and the fragrance they use in it is completely different.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 9:33:00 PM More reviews by Msgdfx1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Recently purchased the Green Tea Eau de Parfum, Lotion and Bath Gel from BBW. I sampled the fragrance at one of the flag ships during the annual sale last month and I had to have it. The fragrance has sweet citrus, jasmine and green tea. It is so lovely and fresh. Today was the first day that I wore the fragrance and I received a compliment already. It is absolutely delightful. It smells wonderful. I generally like the C.O. Bigelow line of bath and body products at BBW, but, never purchase because of the price. But, this one, I will definitely make purchase again. Love it.