Ecotools EcoPouf Bath Sponge

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/12/2013 4:21:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Relaxed, Medium

I think this is the best loofah I have ever tried. It is really dense which allows for good exfoliating and it really works the product into a leather. Also it holds up really well. I have had mine for ages and it has not yet started to fray or come apart. Super cheap as well :)

on 6/16/2013 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I think they recycle barbed wire to make this loofah because this is honestly the roughest loofah I have EVER used. I'm sure it's great for extensive exfoliating, but as for the gentle-moderate elimination of dead skin cells, this is too much.

on 4/30/2012 9:10:00 AM

I really hate to be the lone dissenter (so far) on this as I have had the most fabulous luck w/ other Ecotools items (love their MU brushes), but this simply doesn't work for me in 1 major way: it doesn't allow/facilitate my shower gel/soap products to lather AT ALL. I have tried adding in more product, more water - nothing works - I get barely any lather when using on my skin. Its very weird.

Recently I tried 2 specific experiments: yesterday a.m. = 2 pumps and 5 sec of running water on this bath pouf and on my regular one from Target = I got like 4x the lather on the Target one vs this one. This a.m., I did the exact same experiment, but this time, I used a brand new sponge from Target (in case yesterdays had some residual shower soap = not a fair experiment) = same results.

Its too bad because I love the texture and the fact its made from recycled plastic, but I want lather = this is being relegated to the guest shower.

on 8/30/2011 2:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

As a loofah, this is quite rough, but as an exfoliating tool for the body it is ah-mazing. I bought this at Target thinking I could replace my old loofah which finally unraveled, but was a bit apprehensive because it felt so dense and rough. In the shower, it didn't soften up, and I was all set to give this the worst rating ever, but the minute I emerged from the shower my mind did a 180. My skin felt so unbelievably soft!! After the lotion I slathered on myself had sunk in, it felt even softer. I've never had my lotion sink in so quickly! For everyday use, this would be a little much, but I plan on using it maybe twice a week, to ensure my lotion keeps absorbing the same way. I'll probably go back to Target and pick up a 'regular' loofah, to use in conjunction with this. This is the first Ecotools product I've purchased, and I'm eager to try more!

on 4/29/2011 12:13:00 AM

My favourite bath pouf, ever! It's rough enough to be exfoliating, but gentle enough to not irritate skin or be painful. It creates lots of beautiful suds and is dense enough to keep my Dr. Bronners liquid soap from running right through it (like I've had other sponges do!). Maybe it's weird to be particular about a bath pouf, but I like this one much better than any others I've used over the years. I also dig that it's made from recycled plastic and can be recycled again. Keeps me and Mother Nature clean! ;)

on 8/20/2010 2:33:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Love this!!!

on 8/6/2010 3:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is my favorite bath pouf. It's rough enough that it exfoliates unlike the more common soft poufs. I was sick of having to use a separate body scrub to exfoliate. This product saves me time and leaves my skin feeling nice and smooth after. Best of all it's only $1.99 at Rite Aid. It's definitely similar in quality to an item you would find at a bath store like The Body Shop.

Popular Misc Beauty Tools