July 30, 2014 | 1334 users online

Eye Shadow - Christian Dior - ready to glow quint

rated 2 of 5 on 6/29/2012 6:32:00 AM More reviews by rachelsmiles75

It highlighted all the slight bumps and creases in my eyelid. Maybe it would suit a younger skin, but don't suit me.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/18/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by dodap

I bought this palette 5 months ago.
I was trying on a discontinued one with gold color (can't remember the name). Then i was told that was discontinued, so this ready-to-glow was the closest now.

Both my hair and eyes are light brown, fair skin. This palette just wasn't the right one for me. The iridescentness of it would kill any make up I was trying to do. It was just too shimmery for me, although i really was trying to like it and find the way to use it properly.

Finally, I have exchanged it.

These are the complains so far. The packaging, the texture, even the colors! Everything on this quilt is fantastic. This was my first Dior Quilt and i really wanted to keep it, I am very sentimental.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2012 12:17:00 AM More reviews by starrysim

Another fine example of what Dior does best - stunning eyeshadow palettes that are classic and wearable but never boring. All the shades in this palette are have the typical softly shimmering finish that Dior calls "iridescent." The shades pair very nicely together, though I never use more than 3 of the shades at a time. There is a nice light pink that's not chalky at all - I wear this one all over the lid, and then pick one of the other shades to define the crease or outer V for a polished daytime look. There's a cooler steel-taupe, and another deeper brownish taupe. In the middle is a stunning deep rich chocolate. For a more dramatic look, I use the top right taupe shade on the lid, with the middle chocolate brown in the crease. Finally, there's a much warmer golden brown on the bottom right, which I don't use very often because it's quite warm for my NW20 skintone. Thankfully this is part of the permanent collection, because I think it's a must-have and would be a shame if it was LE.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2011 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rea1

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Beautiful colours, very subtle. This is one of my go-to pallettes for special occasions. Shimmery enough to make an impression but classy, too. The colours are easy to wear whatever I wear. The only reason I will not buy it agsin is becausei own Crush Glow too, whose colours are similar but on the warmer side, s0 I will never run out!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/2/2011 2:23:00 PM More reviews by mmmgonzo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really love this eyeshadow quint. The mink-y taupe-y brown grey is my favorite color. I do own a lot of Dior Quints and some disappoint - sometimes when the colors are applied they all look identical on the lid. This palette does not have that problem. The colors glide on effortlessly, and are very flattering to my skin tone (NC20-25ish for reference)

I have never had to repurchase an eyeshadow palette, but if I were to run out and if this was still available I would buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/21/2011 2:01:00 PM More reviews by babykitten9

Perfect summer quint! Beatiful shimmery somewhat frosty colors that are very easy to combine with each other. It's one of my favorites at the moment (well, it's almost summer!) and I reach for it often :-) I love Dior quints and none of them have ever disappointed me. Definitely recommended!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/15/2011 12:34:00 AM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is my first Dior eyeshadow purchase. The shades are beautiful colors and have a creamy consistency. This is possibly the best formulation for eyeshadows that I've ever felt. Top quality!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/16/2011 8:48:00 PM More reviews by vmalenfant

Dior quint are sometime hit or miss for me as far as the combination colors goes. I like the fact that you have five colors, and not only four, the texture is generaly great (except for the Amber design and nude pink design where the two light base eyeshadow are chalky). But Ready-to-glow doesn't have that problem all colors are silky-smooth and all the colors goes great together and seems to offer a lot of option if you decide to only used only a couple of eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2010 4:35:00 PM More reviews by yara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

These are very nice shadows. They create a subtle and very tender look. I think this is the prettiest pallete from all Dior's quints.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2010 11:24:00 AM More reviews by sparklythings

I can't believe there isn't a review on this quint yet. it is awesome and i highly recommend it.
i am in love with all the colors in the palette. they are all shimmery, but still, they are gorgeous and all the colors work fabulously together.
they are very smooth and blendable.
i especially love the peachy shade and the gunmetal shade. this palette works beautifully for a smokey eye that can be both day time and work appropriate. love this more and more as i use this.