April 17, 2014 | 898 users online

Conditioner - Redken - time reset

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2013 5:39:00 AM More reviews by natcoco

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought this is a beauty supply store in the states when I was visiting family. I picked it up on a whim as it was $3.50! How could I not when a bottle of Redken will set me back £15 in the UK.

I'm only 23, so I'm not sure I'm the target audience for this but I love it!

My hair is dry, highlighted and almost coarse at the ends. It's super unmanageable and a right pain to maintain. However, whatever science is used in this shampoo definitely works. It makes my hair shiny, cleans it well, makes it easy to brush and style and the ends look and feel soft and healthy. Usually when a shampoo does that to my hair, it feels dry and coarse 2 days after being washed but the Time Reset keeps it feeling and looking healthy until my next wash.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/31/2013 9:41:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I am giving this 4 lippies - but it is still early in my usage - if things get limp or built-up it will go down to a 3. Also I put that I would not re-purchase - b/c this line is being d/c'ed. Meanwhile I have dry, middle-aged, fine, thining hair (color treated, too) so I hope this conditioner will be good. I love the Color Extend line - and so far this conditioner is fine. Smells OK and seems light weight and hydrating. It's supposed to help combat porosity - but the jury is still out.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/18/2012 10:35:00 PM More reviews by pearl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This conditioner did not condition my hair. I had to use more than usual to feel like it was covering my hair. Afterward, it felt dry. Time was definitely not rewound.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/20/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by cbrandolino

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Here goes...

I've been a Makeup Alley member for over three years now, and haven't reviewed a single product thus far. I typically just use this site for reference prior to buying a product; however, my awful experience with two new(ish) products (and my exceptional experience with another product - see Alterna Caviar) have caused me to sit down and take the time to write this review.

A little about my hair: I'm Italian, so my hair is medium to coarse, thick and wavy. I only wash it twice a week and very rarely use any heat tools. Even still, my ends are always dry and split like crazy, even though I use various oils daily on my ends (typically Moroccanoil, Macadamia Oil or Pureology Previous Oil for those really dry days). I've been searching for what seems like years to find the *ultimate* product to make my hair soft and moisturized. Pureology was decent, but not decent enough to justify the price. I honestly had come to the conclusion that most shampoos and conditioners were about equal.

During Ulta's "Liter Sale" I purchased Redken Time Reset. My hair is quite long, so I figured this would be perfect for it. I gave it three washes before writing this review and returning my unused product. I can honestly say my hair has never felt more dry and damaged than after using this! It - quite literally - felt as if I had bleached my hair (I do not color my hair). I actually was to the point of tears. I tried to put an oil treatment on, but then I ended up with an oily, fried, coarse mess.

In short - seriously - don't buy this product. I'm actually quite astonished to see so many people happy with it. If I didn't know any better, I'd swear Redken was paying them off!! (just kidding, Ladies...but seriously, you liked this shampoo?!). I, begrudgingly, ended up going out and spending the most amount of money I've ever spent on a shampoo, but that's another review....

So, to reiterate, worst shampoo experience of my life. I would give it zero stars if I could!!

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/31/2011 11:05:00 AM More reviews by bloodymerry52

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Gave this a try at the recommendation of my hairstylist. I have massively thick hair, and when I used it this morning, my hair didn't feel conditioned or detangled. My hair gets really knotty if I don't use conditioner. I had to use more than usual Morroccan Oil to smooth out the ends this morning. I think I'll go back to Color Extend. It gives the detangling, conditioning, moisture that my hair needs without weighing it down or just not conditioning at all. Will not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2011 1:22:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've never been a fan of Redken products, except for Hot Sets and Anti-Snap, but I saw some favorable reviews of these products and decided to give them a try. I'm glad I did. This conditioner has a light, pleasant scent and rinses out easily. And, despite the fact that my hair doesn't feel particularly "conditioned" after using it, I find that, when used in conjunction with the shampoo, it makes my hair crazy shiny and gives it "weight" without weighing it down--no droopiness or lack of body here. I think this effect is due to the glycerin that is high on the ingredient list--it works as a hygroscopic agent, making my hair look very full and glossy. I'm impressed and would repurchase.

Ingredients: Water, cetearyl alcohol, glycerin, cetyl alcohol, ceteareth-33, octyldodecanol, hydroxypropyl guar, stearalkonium chloride, amodimethicone, parfum, camellia kissi/camellia kissi seed oil, hydrolyzed soy protein, chlorhexidine dihydrochloride, benzyl benzoate, trideceth-6, benzyl salicylate, PPG-5-CETETH-20, hexyl cinnamal, camellia sinensis extract/camellia sinensis leaf extract, 2-oleamido-1, 3-octadecanediol, oleth-10, disodium cocoamphodipropionate, lecithin, centrimonium chloride.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 11:42:00 PM More reviews by lindam

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought a $3.00 sample tube to test. I mix this with Nioxin conditioner that is in the dandruff line of products. I noticed after 2 washings that my hair felt much better.

Last time I washed my hair I didnt use the Nioxin and it felt a little drier.
Still I think this did make my hair look better

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2010 9:41:00 PM More reviews by debbrumb

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought a small size of this because i didn't want to invest in a full size just yet. I liked the smell and texture but it didn't detangle my hair. I had a hard time running my fingers thru my hair yet alone a comb. Combined with the shampoo I did notice my ends look alot better!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by jennadev74

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

AWESOME conditioner for fine, damaged, aged hair!!!!! So light and leaves no buildup, my hair is super soft. Reminds me of the old Redken Phinal Phase, smells the same too. I was so upset when they discontinued that way back inthe 90's, this is just as good, and I swear its the same, just not purple.