September 2, 2014 | 1946 users online

Skincare - Face - Lucy Minerals - Ambrosia Multi-tasking Serum

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 4:27:00 PM More reviews by LittleGnome

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had never used an oil on my face before as a serum until I tried this. I've tried oil cleansing methods, but those you eventually cleanse off. Having oily skin, I was more than a little skeptical about it. At first, I just tried it under my eyes to help smooth crepiness and fine lines, dryness. After just a couple of nights, I already noticed a difference. The crepiness seemed improved and the overall undereye skin looked better, not as dry, firmer. Ok, so I gave it a shot on my all-over face and neck. Well, that took a learning curve. To use this all over, at first I was using way too much. It made me oilier at first and I had a couple of whiteheads, nothing major but I didn't like that. So I went back to the Lucy Minerals website, and I read that the creator (Annie) recommends just using a drop on WET SKIN right out of the shower or just splashed from the sink. BIG DIFFERENCE. When the skin is wet and you apply just a drop for all over face/neck, it emulsifies and disappears into your skin. Gone is the oiliness of the product. I was not oilier during the day. In fact, after I'd used it for about a week, my skin seemed LESS oily. More glowy. Skin more in harmony and less combination-oily. Little dry patches on chin gone. Neck lines slightly improved.
I finished my trial size (which lasts over a month with using just a drop, BTW) and am now on a full size. I love this stuff, I don't want to be without it. I am going to buy more sample sizes for my vacation.
This is a all natural product and it smells great. Here are the ingredients:
Ingredients: Jojoba Oil, Camellia Seed Oil (18%), Argan Oil (9%), Watermelon Seed Oil (9%), Meadowfoam Seed Oil (9%), Cranberry Seed Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil, and just a touch of an essential oil blend of Lavender, Rose Geranium, and Yuzu.

T

rated 1 of 5 on 12/11/2012 6:51:00 PM More reviews by SignMeUp

I got this as a free gift with my order. I absolutely love and adore Lucy Minerals foundation. It is the very best mineral foundation if you know how to use it. But this serum made my skin break out badly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by decoydream

I received this sample size as a part of the 'Starter Kit' that i purchased off the website. I didn't have much hopes for it but deciding that i may as well use it (it has a shelf life of 18-24 months i believe) despite my doubts - i mean, putting oil on an already oil laden face?! Seemed a little crazy to me.

But as it turns out, i was the crazy one all along. This ambrosia serum (or magical oil as i've been calling it lately) has done wonders for my skin! I'm not talking overnight miracle treatments or anything, but i have noticed that my skin is softer, less red, more refined and with less blemishes cropping up. I swear even my gigantic pores aren't as much of an issue any more! I usually cleanse, spritz my face with Avene thermal water, and while my face is still damp, i put a drop of this oil on.

I notice that my face is a tiny bit oilier than usual by using this but blotting once or twice more is a small price to pay for nicer skin :) I highly recommend this product!

EDIT: I have been using this for 2 months (day and night) now and i haven't even used half of the small dropper bottle size!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2012 8:45:00 AM More reviews by Allyxx

I LOVE this serum but I really dont like the packaging. Sample sized dropper bottles are great but the full size pump bottle is not so great. I find it very difficult to dispense the amount of product that I need because 1 pump doesn't exactly allow much control for how much comes out.
I have previously used other oils on my face before such as rosehip and was obviously quite familiar with the benefits of doing so. The trick is to use a few drops then massage it onto clean/damp face. Ensuring the skin is damp will allow the oils to penetrate better. It sinks in beautifully and doesnt feel greasy at all. Makes the skin feel soft and smooth. There are numerous uses with this wonderful serum.

My personal favs:
-Through the ends of my hair or even a sclap treatment (itchy winter scalp)
-Hands and nails
-On stretch marks, old scars
-Dry cracked heels
-On the face (obviously)
-As a massage medium

Each ingredient selected to create this fabulous serum has amazing benefits to the skin!

Jojoba Oil:It contains many different varieties of tocopherols which make up Vitamin E and many other natural minerals. Vitamin E is well known for promoting healthy and clear skin. Has a very close chemical composition to skin's natural sebum. Fights free radicals & is highly antibacterial.

Argan Oil:is rich in natural tocopherols (vitamin E) and phenols, carotenes, squalene and fatty acids, making it a truly luxurious oil. Argan oil absorbs quickly and is often used in skin, nail and hair treatments to deliver deep hydration, strengthen brittle hair and nails, and prevent/reduce stretch marks.

Camellia seed oil: has outstanding moisture retaining ability and is one of the most rapidly absorbed plant oils. The unique make-up of the oil allows it to penetrate into the deepest layers of the skin; much like water, leaving it smooth and supple. Camellia oil is an excellent emollient and wonderful skin moisturizer. Furthermore, the oil helps to restore proper pH balance and has a buffering quality that acts as an effective shield to protect skin from penetration of environmental pollutants. Camellia Oil protects skin from drying out while replenishing vital nutrients. It smoothes rough and flaky skin, soothes and calms easily irritated skin, and blocks out ultra violet rays. Used regularly, camellia oil will help to maintain and restore vitality, protect from age-spots and increased pigmentation. Used around the eyes and mouth, it softens wrinkles.

Watermelon Seed Oil: is very nourishing yet light oil with good absorption. It is a good choice for use with oily skin but can be effective with all skin types. Water Melon seed oil is added to skin care formulations for all skin types, including dry, oily, acne-prone or maturing skin as it is rich in essential fatty acids which help to restore elasticity to the skin.
The high content of omega acids & linoleic acid within the oil assist in the removal of excess sebum within the skin ensuring the skin is cleansed.

Meadowfoam oil: is one of the most stable oils, and will actually extend the shelf life of less stable ingredients. When applied to the skin, it forms a moisture barrier and will assist the skin with preventing moisture loss.

Cranberry seed oil: contributes to the lipid barrier protection of the skin and assists in moisture retention.
The oil also contains high concentrations of tocopherols, tocotrienols, phytosterols, phospholipids and Vitamin A, setting new performance and stability standards for highly polyunsaturated oils. Some sources say that adding a bit of Cranberry Seed oil to other, shorter lived, vegetable oils will extend their shelf life by preventing oxidation.

Raspberry Seed oil:Extraordinarily high in Omega-3 and Omega 6 fatty acids, Red Rasperry Seed oil is a superb anti-oxidant. It contains 83% essential fatty acids. It is emollient, lubricating, conditioning, creates a lipid barrier providing protection to the skin and provides moisture retention for the skin. Also high in anti-inflammatory properties.

Personally I think that if you've never tried using an oil in your regime, this would be a great start! I highly recommend because of the ingredient list and for $5 a sample? How could you not try it? Hope this helps!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2011 10:31:00 PM More reviews by JLB2005

I have used this for about a month. I first ordered a terrific little trial size for $5, which comes in a great little dropper-type bottle. I have enjoyed using oils on my face for years, including VERY expensive serums from Darphin, coconut oil, EEOV, etc. I was initially attracted to this product because of the price and its mixture of essential oils. I have good skin, but was blown away by the impact. I really didn't expect any change - I just wanted to try something new. But just a couple tiny drops go a long way. NOTABLE: I have been irritated for about 8 months with a persistent mild rash around my nose and mouth. I suppose it is perioral dermatitis, which usually requires oral antibiotics, but I just never got around to seeing my doctor. But within 2 days, I noticed that the rash was gone - even my family members were surprised at this. I am very skeptical with some of the "miracles" reported here on MUA, but I would urge anyone interested in oils or rich serums to give this a try. Lucy Minerals makes another oil mix called "Ambrosia" that is identical to the It does contain some emu oil. I also enjoy it and it is richer than the Multi-tasking, but nice to use before bed. (Also available in a 5$ trial size.) Because of my satisfaction with these oils, I ordered the full sizes; only $20 on sale for 2 oz, which is much cheaper than the $$$$$ Darphin Jasmine serum I have long used.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2011 12:46:00 PM More reviews by bambilion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

I bought a try it size of this about 3 months ago and just ran out. When i first bought it i was applying it all over my face, and I am prone to breakouts but it was winter time so i had really dry skin and decided to use it anyway. I love now that i know what to use this for. My skin is typically normal/oily so after a while it got to heavy all over and i would just mix in a drop or two with my normal moisturizer and now I only use a drop on my eye area in the morning and at night. It has really improved that area, and helps with make up application as well

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2010 5:21:00 AM More reviews by dianasheglova

This serum feels absolutely fabulous on my face! I used it as a night time treatment and was really very happy with the skin I woke up the next morning. It did not break me out or get a rash, which I can be prone to (touch wood). I may use it under my moisturiser too and see how I get on, but so far I love it. The smell is absolutely gorgeous, and you really do need a tiny bit for your face. I have used decleor oils, dr hauschka and some others, and this is for sure the best!