December 22, 2014 | 1713 users online

Lip Gloss - MAC - On the Scene

rated 3 of 5 on 11/20/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by antiguru

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Loved the neutral peachy gloss, very glossy, pleasant taste and smell. I just can find similar products at the drug store for cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 12:45:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I personally really enjoy MAC's Cremesheen lip glosses as they are moisturizing, comfortable to wear, glossy, and aren't sticky. On The Scene is a great every day peachy nude gloss with slight shimmer and semi-opaque coverage. Can easily be worn alone or applied over top other nude lipsticks. If re-promoted I would repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2013 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Sarah1325

I got this in the cocktail corals LE winter collection. This is a light peachy nude. I like creamsheens but they don't last long on this lips.
This is good for on the go when you just wanna wear a lipgloss.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2012 7:21:00 PM More reviews by ariel2229

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

I looove this over an pink lip. It gives the prettiest peachy pink color. I purchased this at a makeup discount store for 11.50 though I wish I got more than one since i.can't seem to find it anywhere

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2010 1:57:00 PM More reviews by Lulu05

I really like this lipgloss, this was my first cremesheen lipgloss and I love how creamy and smooth they apply, not sticky at all!
I always gravitate towards these nude colors but I have to remember that most of them don't work on me since I am an NC40/42 and most of them make me look dead! But not this color...this is one of my favorite nude colors!
What I learned is I first apply my lipstick and add lipgloss just in the center of my lips and that's it. If I apply it all over it can definitely look too much! Definitely give this color a try!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by tinaRUshopping

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I absolutely love this color. I am not a big fan of lip gloss in general because of lack of staying power. This gloss is typical in that respect; however i do not even care i love applying it 1) it smells good 2) it keeps my lips moisturized unlike some glosses and 3)the color-- the best-- don't need a mirror it always comes out so beautiful a sheer peachy/coral with some pink it is so neutral but yet bedazzling on my rather pigmented lips. (with NC20). It is supposed to be LE; so i will be stocking up.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/24/2010 4:09:00 AM More reviews by ybabe

The product is nice, but you only get a miniscule 2.7g of gloss in the tube! Regular MAC lip glasses are 4.8g! I think MAC are trying to scam people into thinking they are getting more product than they actually are, as the tubes for these Cremesheens are bigger than regular lip glass tubes, yet they contain almost half the amount of gloss! The large tube has thick acrylic walls that have a magnifying effect to make it look like the product goes all the way to the edge, when in fact it doesn't.

If I'd realised this before I bought On The Scene I wouldn't have forked out the money. I wouldn't mind less product if I didn't have to pay as much, but this was MORE expensive than a regular lip glass. Are Cremesheens that much more expensive to produce??

OK, enough ranting about the packaging, now to the actual product. It's nice. Not amazing, but definitely nice. Creamy, moisturizing formula, not too opaque so it doesn't make me look dead the way light-colored opaque lip products usually do. Lasting power is decent, but not as good as regular MAC lip glasses. Color is pretty, but probably wouldn't show up on people with medium or dark skin.

I would not repurchase this or any other lip gloss for this price that only has 2.7g in the tube.

PS - I gave the Packaging Quality a rating of 2, as I believe the packaging is deceptive. Some might say that the amount of product is clearly marked on the box. True, but it's not marked on the actual tube. I'm sure it's only marked on the box because it's the law to do so.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2010 10:26:00 PM More reviews by evviel

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous shade - it's a slightly coral but still natural shade that gives me a "your lips but better" kind of look. It's NOT sticky at all, unlike the Tinted Lipglasses, which is a huge plus. You can pair it with lipsticks, but it gives a really nice sheer color when worn on its own.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2010 11:36:00 PM More reviews by MyChanelScalpel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

A sheer wash of peach with a heavenly smooth texture. Cremesheen glasses are my favorite as far as MAC lipglasses go, they lack the obnoxious glitter of other formulations and don't feel sticky in the slightest. Usually, I'd prefer a brush applicator for a gloss, but the doe foot works with this formula. Though these are slightly more expensive than the regular lipglasses, the extra $4 is worth it and makes a world of difference, in my opinion.

Beautiful paired with Dressmaker, Dressmaker or Jazzed lipsticks.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2010 1:43:00 PM More reviews by ifoundlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a nice peachy pink with no shimmer. I would've rather had a tiny bit of shimmer in it, but I think that would have ruined the smooth texture to it. It comes with a doe foot applicator just like lipglasses, but they are completely different when it comes to the texture. It does have that yummy vanilla scent though! It was a little more expensive than a lipglass which isn't the best especially with all the other price hikes from MAC ;X but nonetheless, gorgeous color, I pair this with Jazzed!