September 2, 2014 | 1158 users online

Eye Shadow - New York Color - City Duet in Upper Zest Side

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/16/2014 10:05:00 AM More reviews by NataliaHouston33

I am inlove with those,....The price and product are crazy amazing together.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2012 9:07:00 PM More reviews by WitchyGoth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

First, let me explain why I wouldn't repurchase a product that I'm rating so highly: I only purchase cruelty-free cosmetics, and since purchasing my last batch of NYC products, the company has reverted to animal testing. When this batch of products is gone, I'm not repurchasing unless they stop. With that out of the way...
I love these two shades. I think they're especially perfect for autumn and I like creating an autumn leaf look by adding a blood-red shadow to my eye crease and the outer edge of my lid, applying the orange all over my lid and using the yellow for highlights. It rocks, and I've gotten so many compliments wearing these colors. You'll get the best results if you apply some sort of primer beforehand, and a better color payoff as well. Granted, you could apply a white eyeliner all over your lids and get the color payoff, but it doesn't help to control the slightly powdery texture of the shadow.
NYC has very reasonable prices and decent quality overall, and I was very pleased with this shadow duo. I've had it for about a year now and I'm nowhere near close to finishing it off.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/24/2012 9:40:00 PM More reviews by wildrose83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Oh, how I LOVE this shadow duo. The colours are richly pigmented, blend like a dream and are perfect for creating a "sunset" eye look. I'll agree with other reviewers that it can be chalky if you're not using a good primer (I wouldn't dream of skipping my Elizabeth Arden Eye Fix anyhow), but that's true of any matte eyeshadow.

As a MUA I have my pick of eyeshadows; from the low end all the way up to prestige brands like Lancome, Shiseido, etc... but this NYC shadow is my current fave! For $3 - I am beyond impressed.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/26/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by LucyLynne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alittle too chalky and not very pigmented..
I'm happy to see oddball colors in the drugstore but I just don't see this as being worth it

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2011 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sefis

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I will agree with some of the other reviewers, I wasn't expecting to like the yellow that much but I absolutely love it! The pigmentation is very good considering the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/27/2011 2:28:00 AM More reviews by extermikate

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been looking for a good orange shadow, and this is totally fantastic. I love the yellow, too, which surprised me, as it's not a colour that usually suits me. It has excellent staying power, blends well, doesn't crease, and looks great.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by Crescent

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I think I'm in Love. I Can FINALLY do my desired rainbow look. *dies* I've been looking for a Yellow and orange for forever.
~Plus they're Matte.
~The Pigmentation isn't the Most opaque, BUT For a Yellow eyeshadow its AMAZING. D: Although, if you use the right base/primer, they are Completely opaque.
~TRUE yellow and orange
~Packaging is Nice, not too bulky and is sturdy.
~$3, for 2 uncommon colors? Hells yeah 8D
~buy again? Definitely.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2011 4:32:00 AM More reviews by feelingcold

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so happy I bought this!
It's really hard to find a good, true orange eyeshadow. I've got a drawer full of ugly, kind of orange looking eyeshadow that I never wear. This looked so bright and gorgeous in the package, but I nearly walked away because I figured a three dollar duo was just going to break my heart and end up in the drawer.
It did not break my heart. Both the yellow and orange are bright and easy to work with. The colors stay true and don't get 'muddy' looking during blending. The staying power is decent as long as you use a primer. I've experienced no creasing. The brush is crap, but that's to be expected. I was really impressed with this and I'll probably check out the other City Duet duos.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2010 11:55:00 PM More reviews by fwilmore

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I found this baby on sale at CVS for .75! I'm not familiar with N.Y.C. e/s so I wasn't expecting much. I was very surprised. Both colors were very pigmented. I layered it over NYX Milk to make the color pop. This made it a little harder to blend, but I got it to work. I love how they are both matte. The orange shade is what I wanted NYX hot orange to be. But Hot Orange has huge flecks of glitter and itsn't matte. I think the packaging is very sleek. It's small and matte black. I would buy this again, but since it's a very bold look, it would probably take me a while to finish the product. If I find more of these NYC e/s on sale, I'm gonna buy them all up!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2010 2:52:00 PM More reviews by TinkleWinkle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

These are a great deal. Wonderful bright matt colors for a very cheap price. You get 2 nice sized colors for only $3. I love them. Very pigmented and lasted a a very long time with my e.l.f. one dollar primer. I want to go back and buy all the other colors now.