China Glaze Midnight Mission

on 3/3/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Very nice midnight blue polish with silver shimmer throughout. It really does remind me of a midnight sky. It's a nice cool toned blue, very dark and pretty. Opaque in one coat! ONE COAT! But two make it pop and really show off the full potential. I haven't used it with a shiny top coat yet but I think that would make it look spectacular from the swatches I've seen online.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Such a pretty polish! Medium-dark midnight blue filled with fine, silvery shimmer within, plus a soft, silvery surface iridescence. This polish is everything I hoped it would be: definitely blue in all lighting situations (that is, it never slips into "off black" the way a lot of medium to dark blues can do), shimmery/sparkly without overwhelming the base colour, and eye-catchingly pretty.

I understand this was a limited edition, and it may be hard to find now, but I picked up a bottle of it on eBay for a totally reasonable price, so there are still new bottles of this polish out there to be had. If this sounds like something you'd enjoy (blue with silver sparkles), I definitely recommend searching for this one.

on 5/14/2011 10:59:00 PM

i am in love with this polish. amazing color! 2 coats and it's super opaque. i love the shimmer in this as well.. great on its own or w/ opi's silver shatter on top :)

on 5/3/2011 3:09:00 PM

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

I recently picked this up on clearance at Ulta. The color is a dark denim blue with very small silver glitter. It's a fantastic color for fall. I get a kick out of looking down and seeing my toes almost match my jeans.

This polish is similar to other China Glaze polishes I've tried in that it takes two coats to get an even look, and three if you want true to bottle color. With a base coat and top coat, the polish wears very well. It lasted two weeks on my toes.

on 1/4/2011 2:19:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I really love this color, a very nice rich blue, didn't think I would like it but I fell in love! Very nice fall color.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was limited edition and one that I did not pick up right away. For some reason it reminded me of Van Goghs Starry Night. The polish is denim colored with silver sparkle. For me I wish the color was a tad deeper because the silver sparkle would pop more against my skintone if it was. The color just sits on my skin kind of like take the stage did. However the color does look beautiful on other swatchers.

on 1/2/2011 10:02:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a gorgeous deep blue shade! I picked this up at Ulta for the $4.99 special. It's the perfect winter polish color!

on 11/7/2010 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

this color is SO PRETTY! I got it at sally beauty supply. It's a deep navy with silver flecks that look like a cross between a glittery look and a frost look - very unique. i used a cheap base coat and top coat that i got as a gift one year and it lasted a week without chipping. color is pretty opaque, i used one thick coat and that was enough.

on 10/28/2010 5:53:00 PM

I've been hesitant about trying the darker colors although I know that's whats "in" right now. I actually ended up ordering the wrong one off of eBay. I meant to get First Class Ticket but accidently ordered Midnight Mission instead. I've never been so glad to make a beauty mistake before! What a gorgeous shimmery frosty denim blue! I've had it on for several days on my toes and no chips or nicks. I'd still like to get FCT but I'm pretty happy with this one.

on 8/5/2010 12:38:00 PM

I have been wanting a dark blue for quite some time. Everytime I would try one on, it would look odd on me, the color was not quite right. I had all but given up.

I saw the swatches for the Vintage Vixens and I was intrigued by Midnight Mission. It was definately blue, but had that silver cast to it. I called my local Sally's and I got three of the Vintage Vixens colors before they were put out on the floor. I am so glad I gave this a chance, it is super pretty on, and very flattering for my skin tone. It is a true blue, that would not be mistaken for black. Maybe call it a frosty navy?

Application was smooth, and easy. I like it so much that I put it on my fingers and toes.

On a side note, I was much more excited about the China Glaze fall collection than the one from OPI with a Switzerland theme. I also found out the Vintage Vixens collection never hit the floor at my Sally's, it sold out from the backroom.

Popular Polishes