July 22, 2014 | 2060 users online

Treatments (Face) - Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2014 2:41:00 AM More reviews by apgoh2

This is another Japanese beauty invention that has taken the world by a storm. It arrived in Malaysia not too long ago, and I believe was sold exclusively in SaSa.

While it claims to be an invention, truth is... there has been a couple of products that works similar ways as this product. At the back of my head, the infamous Ginvera Marvel Gel perform exactly the same way as it does; add a dollop of this onto you skin.... gently rub in circular motions and it removes the dead cells that sits on top of the skin.

As with any other exfoliators, freshly exfoliated skin always feels smoother and silkier, as the dead cells are removed. So contrary to other MUA-ers here, I am not surprised at the 'miracles' it as called performs. I would recommend it to people with sensitive skin who are looking for a less abrasive way to exfoliate (it does not contain fragrance, or grains that would otherwise irritate sensitive skin).

It retails at MY115 in Malaysia, which is expensive in my opinion.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2014 5:39:00 AM More reviews by makeuplovesme2

ok.. so i have a very dry, flaky and sensitive skin... i do exfoliate and moisturize often but still my flakes tend to show up whenever i wear foundation (even after a silicone based primer i use)..
majority all the exfoliants i used left my skin red and rashy... but whoa... here comes this gel...
very soft and gentle...and effective too... i use it twice weekly as directed...and it magically peels of all the dead and flaky skin layer...leaving my skin soft and smooth as a baby's bottom..haha
but seriously this is my HG product now... will surely repurchase... \m/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2014 9:46:00 AM More reviews by Lomelindi

I was finally able to grab two bottles of this after a trip to Japan. In Japan, it's about $25 per bottle, but outside of Japan, it's about $40 off Amazon. (Sad, but true.) The packaging is a frosted, semi-clear white bottle with a durable pump and a super thin nozzle. I like how much product you get for the price!

Anyways, for the first few days, I was actually using it WRONG. I'm used to using peeling gels in the shower because it's convenient to wash your face and body all at once, but this gel doesn't work very well if it mixes with water. The trick is to apply it to a dry face with your dry hands. I wait about half a minute, then gently begin to rub at my skin in gentle circles. The dead skin comes off in balls, which sounds gross but is actually very therapeutic and relaxing to do. Once I feel like my whole face has been exfoliated, I rinse it off easily with water.

Compared to most peeling gels I've tried, this one takes a little bit of time to work but is also very effective when used correctly. Is it worth the price? I'd say so! A bottle should last you a while since you only need about 1-1.5 pumps to cover your whole face.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 12:21:00 PM More reviews by lifeinfuschia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite exfoliator! I don't even mind if all the clumps are not my dead skin because whatever it does, it works. It makes my makeup look way smoother, too. No breakouts!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/22/2014 10:32:00 PM More reviews by Sindy777

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best product

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 6:24:00 AM More reviews by YoHarajuku

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Okay this is one of the best and most offective products I have every used. Baby soft skin with no harsh scrubbing. I occasional use an at home microdermabrasion treatment with a rotating brush and it doesn't do half the job that the natural aqua gel does. BUT...everytime I use this is seems to coincide with me breaking out with cystic acne. I have struggled with acne in the last year which I have now found out is definetly caused by food allergies. I started my diet well before using this and saw big improvement in my skin. But as soon as I used this, and I would only use it on a small area of my face, I would break out in that same area. I tried 1/4 of the bottle everytime I feel the results were the same everytime. Sadly I decided to sell the bottle on to stop my self from being tempted to use it. I will almost certainly try this again in a years time once my skin has completely recover from my allergy diet and I can test it once more to see if results are the same. Its a wonderful product shame it didn't quite agree with my skin.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2014 9:22:00 AM More reviews by paperi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I also read raves of this product, but after purchasing I wasn't too impressed. Sometimes it didn't seem to exfoliate my skin and I wasn't very sure was the after effect as super soft, as many reviews said. However after using this for a while, I've grown to like the product very much. It feels very gentle, not drying, and I like how it doesn't have any particles that would harmfully mechanically rub your skin. But the trick is to ONLY use your dry hands and face. Not in the shower, for example, or you'll just rinse it off. I use this 1-2 a week, but I'm really bad to say whether or not it softens my skin. Since it's an exfoliator, I wouldn't expect your blackheads to magically disappear. But I feel like the creams, lotions etc absorb better after using this, also putting on a base and BB cream sometimes make my dry skin look really flaky - but not with this, since I can get rid of the dead cells. The price was a bit high for my taste when I bought this, maybe around $25, but it lasts forever and buying a 3 or 4 pack will also save good amount of money. Def. repurchasing!

PS: Since it is a Japanese product, I would pay attention where you buy this before complaining about the price tag (for a student, everything above $15 is a lot for a drug store product, but I saw people here paying $40-50 for this!!)

EDIT: 2014/04/30 I still use this, and it does make my skin smoother and essence sinks in the skin like magic after using this, but during the last couple of months I've found black sugar exfoliators/masks much more cheaper and nicer to use than this one. I DO have an unopened bottle in my closet, so I said 'yes' as a repurchase, but no, it's not my staple that I NEEDED to backup in the future. So lippie down. I'd take two, but then it's not a bad product, I'm just bored to see all the hype. Wanna try it, go ahead. But you should notice that all the "flakes" is not your skin, some of it is just the product.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/19/2014 5:38:00 PM More reviews by kamo12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm going to say something radical, but this is the *best beauty product I have every used*. It is so effective it makes every other exfoliator seem like a joke. There is no checking your skin for signs that it may be smoother or less flakey, it is like BAM here is every dead skin cell on your face, say goodbye as they wash down the sink. It does not joke around.
I love that it is so gentle and I have never had a negative reaction from it. It helps so much with my congested skin, and prevents the clogged pores trapped under a layer of dried skin that I used to struggle with. I've found the best way to use it is to apply it very generously, and wait until it is tacky but not completely dry. I use it twice a week and am always amazed how much skin comes off, especially in weird areas like my upper lip. I have had a bottle for about 8 months, use 8 pumps a week and still have about a 1/4 bottle left. I hope they never stop making it.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by connieingg

Packaging: I love the big clear bottle to see how much product you have left. The pump is also a good idea. The concern about the packaging for me is that my bottle is really hard to pump. i have to use a lot of pressure to just get a pump out. Also sometimes there can be dried up product surrounding the opening of where the product comes out. When that crustates, its hard to tell because its clear, so when u go pump product out, it flies in every direction possible ._. Hopefully not all the bottles are like that, haha....

Price: LOLOLOLOLOL, this BURNS holes in my wallet. Might as well burn up my wallet. I hate the price :(

Product: I use this around 1-2 times a week. I am on retina A for my hyper-pigmentation and my hormonal acne and this one of the few products that doesn't irritate my skin. Retina A causes a lot of peeling and dry skin so this takes it off really well leaving my skin smooth again. It feels very cooling on the skin and it's not thick, quite watery. When you start massaging the skin, you see all the little balls of product and skin that has came off and after you rinse your face, it is the most softest, most amazing feeling! Like baby butt smooth! It also does not leave my face with that squeaky dry feeling.

Overall: This is one of my staples in my skin care routine and I really don't think that I can live without it. It also one of the products that has made a difference in my skin. Of course it's also a bonus that this product is pretty natural so I know I'm not using a a chemically harsh product on my face. Although I DETEST the price, I really don't think I can live without it. But one bottle has lasted me along time so I guess it can be justified. So in the end, I really do love and recommend this product !

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2013 10:01:00 PM More reviews by Xxkonixx

I have tried other similar products but none that works like this.......i can understand the popularity of this product without advertisement.......when i first put this on my face, it instantly made little white flakes without me even start to massage my face.........other ones i have tried are usually balling up coz of the physical rubbing action of the gel........another thing is that the way it washes off so clean and fresh and no burning even spots where i popped a pimple opened (i know i shouldn't).........Other ones like the one from laneige is so hard to rinse off as if i applied glue to my face.......

I would highly recommend this product if you don't have sensitive skin like me.........after my first use my face dried up like a raisin the next day and then break out for 2 more days which is a normal reaction for me after any sort of exfoliation (just hoping this will be different). i bought a big bottle so i will try to use in for my chest or my legs.....although it didn't work for me but i really think it can possibly be the best exfoliating product out there.....