Cure - Natural Aqua Gel

4.1

water (activated hydrogen water, non-acidic and purified), glycerin, acrylates/C10-30, alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dicocodimonium, chloride, steartrimonium bromide, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, gingko biloba extract, rosmarinus officinalis/rosemary leaf extract, butylene glycol.

After years & years of reading reviews, I joined MU just so I could post my own review of this product. This exfoliant has been a complete life saver for me. I suffer from extremely dry skin, which prevents me from wearing most makeup products because of the gross flaking throughout the day. Even without makeup, I'd have to visit the bathroom frequently to peel dead flakes of skin off of my face....gross, I know.

The directions suggest using 5-7 pumps...just do it. I'm pretty frugle and thought I could get away with 2 pumps, but the results aren't the same. I finally did a face full of gel, waiting about 5 minutes while I was combing out my hair, and then started massaging into my skin. I was DISGUSTED(but so thrilled) by the huge amount of dead skin chunks forming on my face. I was convinced at first that it must just be the gel coagulating, but as I washed the gunk away it was evident that it was definitely dead skin. My face has never felt smoother!

I have extream combination skin. My face is really sweaty and oily in the T zone and super dry and flaky everywhere else. It is so bad I can not use any foundation, because it cakes, flakes and slides off all at the same time. I had little hope for this product, because honestly I thought it was a hokes. Was I ever wrong! Cure Natural Aqua Gel is the real deal. It got rid of all of my flaky skin and improved the look of my black heads/large pores, after only using it twice (two days apart). The price is well worth it, especially since it is for a 250 g bottle.

However, I was so excited about this product, that I made my boyfriend try it out. He has really good skin, it is naturally hydrated, not too oily and never flaky. This product did almost nothing for him. So it is only useful if you have dry patches/oily skin. For me Aqua Gel is a life changing must have.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

testpost

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Neutral

This product helped lessen my breakouts especially during that time of the month! I think I have hormonal imbalance and I get huge cystic acne on my chin and the sides of my face. Cure is really gentle but highly effective in exfoliating dead skin, which I think is the reason why my pimples are much more manageable now. I also get lesser whiteheads! I use this once or twice a week which is enough 'cause I don't want to over-exfoliate. It is quite expensive but I expect one bottle to last me months and months. Definitely an HG product and will obviously repurchase! :)

I've been using this product for a year now and I'm already at my second bottle. It really is a good exfoliator. I use a tea tree cleanser, then completely dry my face before applying Cure. Post-exfoliation, if I have pimples, I dab some tea tree oil in it before applying a pump of argan oil. It leaves my skin fresh and smooth. I use it every after two days as instructed. Thankfully, Cure is available here so I don't have to ship it. If you're expecting that this exfoliator will solve your acne problem, don't use it. But this is a pretty solid part of my skin care routine now. Previously, I use St. Ives. It worked perfectly for me when I was in my early twenties, but not when I grew older as it now give me a lot of pimples. I'm not sure why, but my face also feels oiler after exfoliating with St. Ives now. However, Cure does not give me that kind of problem. I still get one or two pimples every month, but that's just typical for me.

I want to say i like this product cause it emulates a feeling of instant gratification when you see those nasty-eraser shaving like things... i tried it on my leg where I get a lot of ingrown hairs and it was amazing.

but you would have to use this ritually, which is kinda annoying because it takes some time for the product to "activate" in a sense. I read that although it is quite effective, it only exfoliates less than a 1/10 of the very outer layer of your skin? (might have been less, i just remember feeling like it could have been stronger LOL)

I wanted this because my acne scars have darkened drastically over time, and i guess it'd be nice if i found something that would help it!

Yes! I finally get to own this beauty after my wonderful Aunt brought it back from her trip to Japan. I've been hearing all about this cult Japanese product from my favorite bloggers and am kinda in love. The only other gel exfoliate I have to compare this to is Clarins (which is more like a paste) and I much prefer this one because I don't have to deal with product residue.

The gel is clear, applies clear and doesn't foam and otherwise leave extra gunk around the face so I have a better idea of how much skin is being sloughed off my face. It's very gentle, and not so strong a peel that it makes my face red so I am at ease using this during the day and not afraid of walking out the door after. Still, it is an exfoliate skin peel so I prefer to use this product only once or twice a week as everyday may be too excessive and promote my skin to breakout. I also like to exfoliate my hands with a small amount before I put on my hand cream every once in awhile.

The price is fairly pricey, but MSRP is the same whether you buy it off Amazon or buy it from Japan (I know.... I thought it would be cheaper too..) so don't think you should wait for that trip to Japan to get it.

I really like this product cause the first day I used it , my skin feel so soft and so clean. Unlike other exfoliator it doesn't make ur skin pain! It's magic!

This is a very good exfoiliater and I really like it. I had something similar to this but find that this brand seems to work better for my skin. I apply about 3 pumps to my skin, let it sit for a few seconds, and then I start gently rubbing. I don't even have to rub very hard and this does a great job. I also heard rubbing too much isn't good with this. So I just rub the areas that need the most exfoiliating. I use retinoids on and off so I can get flakey. This keeps my skin smooth and makes peeling seem minimal. It also helps clear up any dead skin patches so easily.

I like the pump bottle it's expensive but the product lasts. I use this about 2-3 times a week, because I use AHA's so I don't need this very often. I like to use it a few times a week to keep any flaking to a minimum. I used to get occasional hormonal spots but this seems to help them. It really gets the dead skin off my face. I use a gentle foam wash after this because it doesn't wash clean enough away for me.

I purchased mine on Amazon it seems to be practically the same price no matter where I look. So price wise it's not cheap but for me it's worth it because I haven't needed to use my clarisonic or harsher scrubs. I notice and this is kinda yucky but the blackheads just turn white and rub out. It really amazes me how well it works! I haven't had a true blackhead in a long time since using this. Also my lines look finer than before as well. I credit this and good skin care for that reason. This product works really well for me and I would buy it again. I'm half way through on this bottle and have had it over 3 months so it lasts a pretty long time. This as it's an excellent addition to my skincare arsenal. Recommended!

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

This is a good exfoliator if your skin is peeling. It works better than my clarisonic mia 2 in getting rid of my peeling dry skin. It doesnt work well with water, so make sure you use it on a dry face! As it consists of a large percentage of water, it is more gentle than other gel exfoliator. This is really watery, so you will need a few pumps for the face. It brightens up my face, but my fingers also become wrinkly every time i use it. Quite costly. Wish it was a smaller bottle because it can only be used for 6months?

Update:
i think it actually causes my skin to purge everytime i use this. Not sure is it because i did not wash off the dead skin cells properly after exfoliating.