November 23, 2014 | 1280 users online

Palettes - NYX - Nude on Nude Natural Look Kit (9 eyeshadow + 2 lip)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by vikkilongbeans

This is my first ever eyeshadow kit, yet I always end up coming back to this. It's really inexpensive and affordable for students, yet the quality of the shadows are still great. It stays on the whole day even without a primer or anything like that. It's a little small, but I prefer it compact and I don't use a lot of eyeshadow anyway so I haven't even hit pan on any color. The packaging is pretty sturdy, I've dropped it countless of times yet it still snaps close perfectly well and nothing's broken!

My only qualm is that it's mostly shimmery shades and I don't really like shimmer on my face in general. The coppery color right in the middle, for example, is the perfect color, but sometimes I wish I could just take all the glitter out of it.
But that's just me, I think people who enjoy a bit of shimmer would still like it, I'm just extra particular.

Can't really comment on the lip product because I've never tried it.

But for the shadows, overall, i would say it's a really good starter neutral palette, definitely worth the money, and I really like it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/28/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by CiaoBella82

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye palette I just wish i had the names to the shades! I use this everyday seriously! I havent used the lip gloss yet but as far as the shadows love love love them!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2012 3:20:00 PM More reviews by tereserocha

I bought this palette off eBay for $12 CAD to compare with my Urban Decay Naked Palette (UDNP). Iíve been using both for 2 months now.

For reference, I am an NC 35 and southeast Asian

The NYX palette does not have exact dupes of the UDNP, but from away no oneís going to tell.

The NYX palette is, in my opinion, just as smooth and finely milled as UDNP but definitely not as pigmented as UDNP! I would say the top three colors closest to the mirror are matte (and barely there!!) and everything else have satin/frost finished, but they are not as light-reflective like some in the UDNP.

There is fall out from the NYX darker shadows but not as much fall out from the UDNP glittery shadows and the 88 palette.

Now the glosses, I prefer the darker gloss (left) over the lighter gloss (right) because I find it more natural-looking and less Barbie-like.

The packaging of NYX is tiny and it sucks! The lid is about to come off and I donít even travel with it. Hereís a surprise for you: slide the lip gloss compartment out and turn the palette upside downÖ. What you will see is a wall all greased up from the gloss (YUCK!). And the little brushes for eye shadow and lip glosses are useless are bound to get dropped and lost.

As for the color selection, I prefer NYX since itís (to me) itís more subtle and more complementary to my complexion. I do wish that NYX had more matte colors.

Overall, I would buy this again since I reach for the NYX palette more than the UDNP because:
(1) Itís way cheaper
(2) I use all of the colors
(3) Itís more available
I swatched them and uploaded some pictures.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2012 4:04:00 PM More reviews by chelsea8499

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

These are so good for the price. The colors are nicely pigmented and i love the metallic look some of them have. The matte colors are really great as well. The lip color shades aren't really my cup of tea but my friend has this kit too and she loves them. The only reason i didn't give this a 5 is the packaging. It can be hard to slide open and the shadows are a little close together. For the money it's totally worth it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 12:37:00 PM More reviews by LSButtercup

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I like how small this compact is, so I can carry it around. I like it for work and for traveling, the eyeshadows look very good on my skintone and I can wear all of them. They are a bit powdery, but they stay on pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2011 1:15:00 AM More reviews by aces67

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this! The shadows stay on and wear well throughout the day even without an e/s base. The only thing that disappointed me was I realized when I opened it that it's just like my Too Faced Neutral eye palette. I wear the NYX much more than my Too Faced but yet I paid so much more for my Too Faced.

This is a definite rebuy for me.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/30/2011 12:47:00 PM More reviews by polkadotxo994

This is like fun in box form! I love the way that it's packaged in a cute little cubular box. When you snap open the top, there are 9 beautiful eyeshadows waiting for you. 3 are matte, 4 are shimmer, 2 are matte with sparkle. The matte shadows are very nice for a super natural look, although the cream matte shade is the slightest bit chalky, but it's not a problem. The 4 shimmery shades are all STUNNING, especially the gold in the middle of the bottom row, and the warm brown in the middle of the middle row. The left shadow on the middle row is a dupe for MAC Allthatglitters and is very pretty. The matte with shimmer shadows, are both dark outercorner/crease colors and blend out really well. The eye portion is amazing in this kit! Now onto the lips. There are two lip colors, one is a red toned berry pink color that is very frosty. At first I didn't like it because the frost emphasized the lines in my lips, but if you apply a lip balm beforehand, and then apply it in a vertical motion, it is a beautiful color! The other color is a baby pink with no shimmer, it's pigmented and really cute. I'm in love with this kit, and plan on buying more of them!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2011 1:41:00 AM More reviews by alee26

This is a pretty fantastic palette and I can see myself getting some good use from this. Has 9 shades of neutral shadows in different finishes (satin, shimmer and frost?). Although I don't really care too much for the frosty shadows, for the price, I can't really complain. I was surprised at how well the pigmentation of these shadows were. They apply nicely and are easy to blend. When I use a primer, these last all day and I don't have problem with creasing. The two lip colours are alright and would suit many skintones, but I don't find myself using them too much. I like the packaging too. A sleek black compact. I would definitely recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/14/2011 5:29:00 PM More reviews by jasminese

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

The shadows are very pigmented except for the matte brown on the top right corner. There are 3 matte shadows (a beautiful highlight color, perfect everyday taupe, and unpigmented dark chocolate brown) the rest are shimmers, which I can't recall right now. They are very pigmented, and apply/blend easily. There is a bit of powder fallout in the palette, but hey nobody's perfect.

The lip colors are very pretty, but neither of them look good on me.

I love how compact the palette is and how you can make several looks with this! I carry it everyday. In case I need to touch up or change my look .My most used color is the taupe, as you can see in the picture I posted. LOL. Hit pan on it.

Overall, I'd buy this again, but I wish the matte brown was more pigmented!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2011 6:28:00 AM More reviews by luckylouie

The eyeshadow colours are quite good but I have to agree on the quality, not as good as the singles or even the 5 colour palettes. All of the eyeshadow colours can be found in the two I Dream of palettes Nevis and St Marteen so these might be a better option particularly if you find these are your everyday colours. The lip colours are fairly useless, they're not very pigmented at all and act more as lip glosses, and the brush that comes with the kit is useless. Really you're better off just using your fingertip to smear it over the top of a lip pencil used to fill in the lips. Personally I'd rather that the kit came with a couple of mini eye pencils. Still I bought online inexepensively and will use it up. I won't rebuy because I only really want eyeshadows and because I only use makeup a couple of times a week anyway.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No