September 23, 2014 | 963 users online

Mascara - Paula's Choice - Great Big Lashes

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2012 5:23:00 PM More reviews by oonaghst

I think this is one of the best mascaras out there. It's quite a dry mascara (although I do like certain wet mascaras too), and once I've curled my lashes and put this on, my lashes look big, black and curly - I couldn't want for more.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/19/2012 1:50:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Pro: Lightweight texture, great dark black pigment

Cons: 1.Takes a lot of coats to build any length or fullness.

2. I only got a very natural look which is okay by me but many won't be happy with this look and it's called "great big lashes. " Hello, where were they?

3. Lashes would not hold a curl with this mascara.

4. Biggest clinker: within 3 hours there were flakes and it continued flaking.

5. Really easy to remove--if you sniffle--it's smudged.

Compares to Jordana overall in brush and tubing and Jordana beats its a$$ so save yourself some cash and hassle and just get Jordana.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/25/2011 11:56:00 AM More reviews by tinab123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I bought this in black on a whim during my last skin care stock up. I'm pleasantly surprised that it's pretty good! It gives natural results so if you're looking for drama, this is not for you. It reminds me of Clinique Naturally Glossy kicked up a notch.

It has no scent, a very short ingredients list and is fairly cheap at $10 (free shipping promos happen quite often).

It's wet enough that you have plenty of time to keep applying without making spider legs but dries down fast enough that it's not all over your face when you blink. The brush is fluffy & firm enough to really get in between each lash; it keeps them well separated building pretty good volume without ending up with 5 giant lashes. The stem isn't too flexible so it makes it easier to apply without the brush wiggling on it's own (Naturally Glossy does this, grr). Any oops-es on the skin flick off easily after it's dry using a light scrape with a fingernail or q-tip.

In a nutshell- natural looking, decent volume, not much lengthening, no clumping, no feathering, excellent staying power (no flaking, no smearing after 10+ hours on oily lids). Great for daily wear.

Overall, I'm very happy with this for wearing to work during the day. I do love majorly dramatic lashes for non work times so I'm still on the search.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/23/2011 12:33:00 AM More reviews by BlackCat13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I tend to have lots of problems with mascara flaking and smudging on me throughout the day--oily lids, I guess--but this one stays put. I like that it does a good job both volumizing and lengthening. And it comes off relatively easily with cleanswer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/4/2010 4:56:00 AM More reviews by mapn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Great Big Lashes produces neither great nor big lashes. Just average. The ingredient list is commendably compact, which I like no unnecessary irritants or such. It also stays on without smudging or flaking. However, Maybelline and Max Factor, for example, offer sooo much better mascaras in the same price range.

Contains: Water, Stearic Acid, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate (thickeners), Ceresin, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax (wax-based thickeners), Cetyl Alcohol (conditioning agent), Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol (preservatives), PVP (film-forming agent), Beeswax (Cera Alba) (thickener).

May Contain: Black Iron Oxide, Red Iron Oxide (cosmetic coloring agents)