October 30, 2014 | 1667 users online

Fragrances - Coty - Pink Sparkle by Kylie Minogue

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by marymary

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I REALLY like this. I tried it in the store and it immediately made me smile. To me it' smells like a cake baking. I get a lot of vanilla - the other notes are lost on me I'm afraid. It's lively, soft and fun. It's kinda like Dior Addict but more approachable. There's nothing harsh about it. I've got a few Kylie fragrances - sweet darling, sexy darling, showtime. This is my favourite.
And you can get it from cheapsmells.com for twelve of your UK pounds.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2010 2:39:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

When I heard the name PINK SPARKLE I envisioned Hello Kitty, pink hair bands and glitter nail polish; It's certainly not a name that I'd chose for a fragrance. But there is some good news - Coty haven't gone down the 'sweet shop' road again to tempt Kylie's younger fans into parting with their money. PINK SPARKLE is inspired by and named after pink champagne. On first application the fragrance is slightly sweet thanks to the peach, but the tart grapefruit note livens it up and keeps the sweetness to a minimum.

The grapefruit carries down into the heart, whilst the peach note fades fairly quickly. The floral notes are a let down as they never seem to develop. The gardenia is the only one I can separate - but that is due to the 'champagne' accord. The grape mingles with the lingering grapefruit and smothers the florals, it does give a bit of energy and a sense of bubbles, but it's not wildly different from the top notes.

The vanilla infused musk base isn't too sweet thanks to the sharp vetiver. The vetiver accord is most likely synthetic, since the Kylie fragrances are cheaply manufactured. I like the contrast between the feminine vanilla and the masculine vetiver, but the effect is quite short lived.

Official scent notes : Red grapefruit, white peach, lily of the valley, champagne, gardenia, Arabic jasmine, Bourbon vetiver, Bourbon vanilla and musk.

As this is a Kylie/Coty collaboration it's no surprise that the staying power is poor; It goes close to the skin within half an hour and I struggle to smell anything after an hour.

The fruits and the watered down florals are a pleasant combination for the current, [supposedly] warmer weather, but I personally doubt I'd go for a fragrance with zesty grapefruit on rainy days and colder weather, so I don't see this as being suitable all year round. PINK SPARKLE is a nice casual fragrance and can also be worn to work. However I think it's too quiet, safe and is unoriginal, so don't think it's 'special' enough for evening wear or for special occasions.

While I don't dislike PINK SPARKLE or think there's anything disagreeable with it, at the end of the day it is just another safe and generic Kylie Minogue EDT, that follows the same old blueprint as her past fragrances: A mild mix of fruit, underdeveloped florals and a musk infused vanilla base. Nice, but nothing new so it's a bit boring. This would make a good gift choice as it's mild and unoffensive. I also see it as being wearable for women of any age.