December 18, 2014 | 1112 users online

Lip Treatments - LUSH - It Started with a Kiss Lip Tint

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2014 2:01:00 AM More reviews by Olfactoria

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I tried to wear this a few times, as I do like the warm coral/pinkish-red hue and it's highly pigmented to boot, but the SMELL. Dear God, the SMELL. It is the most strongly scented lip product I've ever owned; one application, and people in the car with me start complaining. (Not to mention, I can't keep it on for more than 5 minutes because my head aches from the fragrance.)

It's supposed to smell like apples and cinnamon, which would be pleasant if it weren't so nuclear. In addition, the product has a very dry, hard, gritty texture that's difficult to work with.
Bottom line, there are many better options for tinted balms out there, from cheap to expensive.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/13/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by luxlisbon15

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

This was an okay product. I really liked the colour red (its much brighter than the photo) because it was my favorite shade of it and I didn't want to buy another 20 dollar lipstick. I kind of made a mistake with this one, as I have noticed the packaging for it kinda sucks. There's no way you can use it without the rim getting messy and gunky and its hard to clean off and annoying to have to clean each time you use it, it's also kind of gritty. Like you'll put the stuff on your finger but there are these little pieces of grit almost like bits of sand here and there that stick to your lip. The way it dries is a little strange too, because when you first put it on it feels very moist and looks almost like lipgloss but it feels dry very quick whether or not you put lip balm on first, and the product eventually fades within an hour or two. The only reason I gave it 2 lippies is because I liked the color and smell.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I saw this at lush awhile ago and had to give it a try. I didn't actually see the color in the pot so I gave it a chance. At home when I opened this it was a pinkish red in the pot. Upon application it came out more of a bright slightly reddish pink. Now this isn't quite a true red which I was hoping for but it is still nice. Its slightly moisturising but nothing to be that excited about. Just make sure when you put it on you exfoliate and pre moisturise your lips. I normally put this on with a lipbrush as I have a tendency to be sloppy with my fingers. So far the only thing I had to get used to is the color but I do lovethis and wear it almost everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2014 10:49:00 AM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Wow.. this lip tint is the most stunning flattering red color. It does not really feel like a regular lipstick, it is a bit thicker... it goes good with my tanned skin. The smell is so amazing... it's good enough to eat. Minus one lippy for being a bit grainy and coming off pretty easily.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by LindseyAnne

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I'm not sure if I ended up with a bad pot of this or if no once has bothered to mention how gritty this product it. It feels like sand on my lips. Not as harsh as something like the Lush lip scrub but there are obvious hard chucks in this product. I dug to the bottom of the pot hopinh maybe the grit was just on the surface, but I had no luck. Which is such a shame because it smells amazing, is natural, and looks amazing on. If I would have been smart enough to keep my receipt, this would be going back to Lush sadly.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:43:00 AM More reviews by porcelianine

Lovely natural product! Smells devin! it says it's apples and cinnamon but I smell a hint of delicious cherries. Extremely pigmented product! Beautiful red shade suits my lightly tanned skin perfectly. Last for ages and makes your money go a long way. A bit messy application always leaves my fingers dirty and it's not that easy to wash it off. Also transfers easily when kissing or onto clothes so be careful.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2014 4:54:00 PM More reviews by hallycat

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I like the pot. I don't find it THAT unsanitary. It can be super sheer for school (I'm 13) or darker for special occasions. Smells and tastes like apple cinnamon. My every day lip color.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2014 10:06:00 AM More reviews by darknights

Omg it suuuuucks. It was a last minute buy and the only reason I got it was because of the name. The consistency is jack, it is not smooth and the weird salt or sugar layer on top is so difficult to get through. The color is pretty awful too. It looks like I drew my lips on with crayon pencil. Seriously don't waste your money. It sucks.

UPDATE:
So as per recommended by the people who liked this product, I mixed it and found the consistency to be way smoother and bendable but the key here is to have very moisturized lips. I moisturize my lips with chaptsick then apply a very thin coat of this. When the chapstick dries down on my lips they're left with a very natural and very pretty tint. I've changed my rating from a 1 to a 5. I probably wouldn't buy it again though because you only need the most tiny amount and the tint will last for a while. :D

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2014 9:49:00 AM More reviews by SugarPoppy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

gorgeous, sweet smell and a beautiful tone of red. mind you, it is matte, very matte, so if that's not really your cuppa tea, then you might want to try it with some lip balm under, works great too.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/2/2013 8:13:00 PM More reviews by Erikahasani

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I have it for two years now and i still love it! Its a great bold red and it stays on forever!